Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    *Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member

Your help needed here...

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    uh did weber write "suicide?"

if so he basically was the anti-psychologist. given any behavior, he would explain it in societal terms.

marx is best known (besides being the commies' greatest hero) for dialectical materialism or some such shit. he basically tried to apply physical laws to social theory in cause-and-effect terms. and obviously he focused alot on conflict between social classes.

sorry it's been a long time since i had a social theory course.

bascially dialectical materialism refers to dialactic process in which there is a thesis, antithesis, and synthesis. it is materialist because it is derived from world sources (history in marx's case). the dialectic process for marx would go something like

"have" groups obtain wealth and try to keep it ---> "have not" groups try to obtain wealth --> comunist revoltion in which everyone shares wealth.

wealth would be what marx called the "means of production" (raw materials, factories, etc.- but obviously there are other powerful things these days).

mmkay weber's most famous was The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capital- which bascially states that value systems are put in place because they benefit people. he wrote that protestant values (such as those found in cavanism) were influenced by capitalism.

meh i'll condinse some more tomorrow i'm hella tired. i'll try to get to why they're "meta-rousseau"

Thread Information