Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MilitiaGuy is offline Banned

Palestinian's organs go to Israel

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4417354.stm

The parents of a Palestinian boy killed by Israeli soldiers in the West Bank have donated his organs for use in Israel, in the hope of promoting peace.
    Twelve-year-old Ahmed Ismail Khatib was shot in the town of Jenin by troops who mistook his toy gun for a real one.

His organs were transplanted into five Israeli children and a woman aged 58.

His father, Ismail, said saving lives was more important than religion, and added: "I feel that my son has entered the heart of every Israeli."

Ahmed died in hospital from his injuries after being shot in the body and head while throwing stones at Israeli soldiers who were hunting suspected militants in Jenin.

The Israeli army expressed regret over his shooting.

'Gesture of love'

Israel's parliamentary speaker, Reuven Rivlin, praised the Khatib family's action as a "remarkable gesture" after decades of conflict between Israelis and Palestinians.

Mr Khatib said he was very proud that his son's organs would help six Israelis.

"I have taken this decision because I have a message for the world: that the Palestinian people want peace - for everyone," he told the AFP news agency.

"We have no problem whether it is an Israeli or a Palestinian [who receives his organs] because it will give them life," added the boy's mother, Ablah Khatib.

Ahmed's kidneys, liver, heart and lungs were transplanted into Israelis including Jews, Arabs and a Druze girl, medical officials said.

The girl, aged 12 and from Israel's Bedouin Arab minority, received Ahmed's heart, bringing to an end a five-year wait for a transplant.

Her father, Riad Gadban, called the donation a "gesture of love" and said his daughter was regaining strength after the operation.
    Last edited by MilitiaGuy; 11-09-2005 at 04:31 AM.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Who cares about Palestinian children?? Their parents certainly do not. Thats why they strap bombs to them and send them over..

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Who cares about Palestinian children?? Their parents certainly do not. Thats why they strap bombs to them and send them over..
    that would be too much generalization , or is it that u just go by stereotypes.

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member

I Agree

what this post have to do with this thread?? do you memorize some posts then you come post them randomly in threads?

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My bad
    Last edited by Bigen12; 11-09-2005 at 10:54 AM.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Stereotype?

Or the sad truth?

u r not seriously telling me that ALL palestinian kids run aorudn like in those pictures , or have u seen every individual kid doing that yourself ...........

bigen12 read the "respect the post" thread and stop hijiacking my thread with none sense !

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Stereotype?

Or the sad truth?
    Stereotype. You could point at the sons and daughters of clan memebrs here in the US who are home schooled and brain washed; Prusian Blue is a good example. There are extremes in every society that don't represent the genral population.

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    Stereotype. You could point at the sons and daughters of clan memebrs here in the US who are home schooled and brain washed; Prusian Blue is a good example. There are extremes in every society that don't represent the genral population.
    Do you really think the percentage of palistinians that follow this nonsense is the same percentage of clan in this country??

My bad
    Last edited by Bigen12; 11-09-2005 at 10:55 AM.

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    what this post have to do with this thread?? do you memorize some posts then you come post them randomly in threads?

Sorry Militia but this crap pisses me off. They are blowing up innocent people and you are trying to make them look good with this propaganda.

Sorry Militia but this crap pisses me off. They are blowing up innocent people and you are trying to make them look good with this propaganda.
    lets forget about propaganda I just post this thread because I found the act of the father very majestic and it indicated good faith, honestly his action touched me.

lets forget about propaganda I just post this thread because I found the act of the father very majestic and it indicated good faith, honestly his action touched me.

Now that I understand this, I appologise for my posts.

AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    lets forget about propaganda
    Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black!!!

RA

If you are sincere with those intentions than I apologize. I have seen a lot of posts by you that include much hate for Jews/Israel. I assumed the worst in this case.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    There are 1.1 billion muslims according to the world alminac(1997). If onehundred thats right 100 of them did bombings then 99.999989% of muslims do not do bombings. I think people are stereotyping.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I assumed the worst in this case.
    I did too when I opened the thread...

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    There are 1.1 billion muslims according to the world alminac(1997). If onehundred thats right 100 of them did bombings then 99.999989% of muslims do not do bombings. I think people are stereotyping.

This is accurate but I was just talking about the Palistinian population. Not much need for a stereotype in that case.

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Here's the article from an Israeli newspaper's website:

Shot boy’s organs donated

Parents of Palestinian youngster shot by army Thursday donate organs to six Israelis. PM Sharon reportedly invites father to his office in order to offer personal apology
    Meital Yas'ur-Beit Or

The organs of Ahmed Ismail Khatib, 13, the Palestinian boy shot Thursday by IDF soldiers in the West Bank town of Kabatiya near Jenin, will be donated to six Israelis.

Ahmed was shot after soldiers mistook his toy gun for a real one. Still, his parents decided to donate the organs “for the sake of peace between the two people.”

Meanwhile, the boy’s father said he was invited to meet with Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, who offered to apologize for the killing, Palestinian news agency Ma’an reported.

According to the Palestinian report, Ismail Khatib said that “if this would serve the Palestinian problem and advance a just peace, I will meet with Sharon and bring him a message of peace."

Ahmed's heart has been transplanted Sunday into the body of a 12-year-old girl at the Schneider hospital in Petah Tikva. His liver was donated to a six-month old baby and a 66-year-old woman at the Beilinson hospital in town.

Ahmed's lungs will be donated to a 14-year-old Cystic Fibrosis patient, and his kidneys to a five-year-old boy and a four-year-old girl.

Chairman of the ADI foundation for the promotion of transplants and organ donation in Israel, Gad Ben-Dror informed Ahmed's parents that Adi intends to grant them NIS 10,000 for their "exceptional deed."

Grants for donors

Israel currently has no law that regulates the issue of granting money to organ donors, although a bill on the matter has been in discussion for over a year.

Members of ADI have been working to advance the bill's approval. For the tme being, the group funds grants to donors' families.

"Because of the complexity of the situation, we decided to contribute money to the Khatib family, although they did not carry our donor card. The whole of society benefits from organ donations, and we have a moral obligation to express significant gratitude, which can also take the shape of a financial contribution," Ben-Dror said.

Ben-Dror said he spoke with Ahmed's uncle, Mustafa Makhamid Sunday afternoon, to inform him of the grant.

"I thanked the family for their donation, and he said they did not do it for the money. I told him it was obvious, because they did not know of the contribution beforehand," he concluded.

(11.06.05, 21:21)

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...165015,00.html

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    Here's the article from an Israeli newspaper's website:

Shot boy’s organs donated

Parents of Palestinian youngster shot by army Thursday donate organs to six Israelis. PM Sharon reportedly invites father to his office in order to offer personal apology
    Meital Yas'ur-Beit Or

The organs of Ahmed Ismail Khatib, 13, the Palestinian boy shot Thursday by IDF soldiers in the West Bank town of Kabatiya near Jenin, will be donated to six Israelis.

Ahmed was shot after soldiers mistook his toy gun for a real one. Still, his parents decided to donate the organs “for the sake of peace between the two people.”

Meanwhile, the boy’s father said he was invited to meet with Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, who offered to apologize for the killing, Palestinian news agency Ma’an reported.

According to the Palestinian report, Ismail Khatib said that “if this would serve the Palestinian problem and advance a just peace, I will meet with Sharon and bring him a message of peace."

Ahmed's heart has been transplanted Sunday into the body of a 12-year-old girl at the Schneider hospital in Petah Tikva. His liver was donated to a six-month old baby and a 66-year-old woman at the Beilinson hospital in town.

Ahmed's lungs will be donated to a 14-year-old Cystic Fibrosis patient, and his kidneys to a five-year-old boy and a four-year-old girl.

Chairman of the ADI foundation for the promotion of transplants and organ donation in Israel, Gad Ben-Dror informed Ahmed's parents that Adi intends to grant them NIS 10,000 for their "exceptional deed."

Grants for donors

Israel currently has no law that regulates the issue of granting money to organ donors, although a bill on the matter has been in discussion for over a year.

Members of ADI have been working to advance the bill's approval. For the tme being, the group funds grants to donors' families.

"Because of the complexity of the situation, we decided to contribute money to the Khatib family, although they did not carry our donor card. The whole of society benefits from organ donations, and we have a moral obligation to express significant gratitude, which can also take the shape of a financial contribution," Ben-Dror said.

Ben-Dror said he spoke with Ahmed's uncle, Mustafa Makhamid Sunday afternoon, to inform him of the grant.

"I thanked the family for their donation, and he said they did not do it for the money. I told him it was obvious, because they did not know of the contribution beforehand," he concluded.

(11.06.05, 21:21)

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...165015,00.html
    I saw that too. Great article

AIZ
    I fully agree that sterotyping is absolutely wrong. What's scary is that if you take the 1.3 billion muslims worldwide and estimate, like most security and defense think-tanks have done, that 1% are involved in terrorism...that leaves us with 13000000 terrorists globally. That's a scary number. Think about it another way: Are all Palestinians terrorists? Of course not...not even close. However, nearly 30% of the population openly supports Hamas. That's approximately 1015714 supporters of Hamas. I think that's why people are scared.

zOaib is offline VET
    thats very good , thx rak_ani i wish this kind of emotion flowing more n more , cause both sides desperately need it ................

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by zOaib
    thats very good , thx rak_ani i wish this kind of emotion flowing more n more , cause both sides desperately need it ................
    You couldn't be more right

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Lets say 1% of Muslims were terrorists.

And lets say there are 1 billion Muslims.

That would make.

10000000 terrorists.

Although I know the percentage is less than that, it is sterotyping.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    I fully agree that sterotyping is absolutely wrong. What's scary is that if you take the 1.3 billion muslims worldwide and estimate, like most security and defense think-tanks have done, that 1% are involved in terrorism...that leaves us with 13000000 terrorists globally. That's a scary number. Think about it another way: Are all Palestinians terrorists? Of course not...not even close. However, nearly 30% of the population openly supports Hamas. That's approximately 1015714 supporters of Hamas. I think that's why people are scared.
    sorry off topic , but just curious , what do u personally see ISLAM as , is it a threatening religion in what it teaches or the muslims represent it wrong , also do u have any muslim friends ? thx

True

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN

That would make.

10000000 terrorists.

Welcome back C. Nice avatar

zOaib is offline VET

That would make.

10000000 terrorists.

u know C i look at those kids in your avatar , and the PURE INNOCENCE shows that GOD's intention was to give us flavour with color , and instead of taking that color to enjoy our different cultures we move more n more towards WAR , and what if those kids ask us grownups " why are u all doing this " ......... sad n intriguing.

Welcome back C. Nice avatar
    Now they cant ban me because of my avatar.

So you got your sentence shortened for good behavior? (It hasn't been a week yet, has it?)

zOaib is offline VET
    my my how observant of U , i thought your eyes were on me MORE !!!

So you got your sentence shortened for good behavior? (It hasn't been a week yet, has it?)
    I was unbanned by mistake. I am going to be banned soon for 5 more days.

RA

Agreed.

About the story, I think the father has a big heart. And is truly amazing what he did.

my my how observant of U , i thought your eyes were on me MORE !!!

My eyes have started wondering elsewhere when you started ignoring me.

u know C i look at those kids in your avatar , and the PURE INNOCENCE shows that GOD's intention was to give us flavour with color , and instead of taking that color to enjoy our different cultures we move more n more towards WAR , and what if those kids ask us grownups " why are u all doing this " ......... sad n intriguing.
    thats sooo liberal lol , but good heh

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

Your avatar makes you look like a child molester, change it, lol..

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    My eyes have started wondering elsewhere when you started ignoring me.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information