Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    skiing is offline Associate Member

There is no GOD we are blind fools.

I have come to the conclusion over the course of my life that there is no God. He is a figment of our imagination made up to help us maintain superiority or unite against a common foe. What a way to control the masses. Many of you wont like my thread I dont give a shit. These are my experiences and my conclusion. If he were real I would kick his ass for the shit done in his name.

You may not agree with me or fully agree with me. This isnt to stir the pot but to finally come out about the truth. There is no God!!!!!!! We are a bunch of apes with some knowledge and we think we have a monopoly on the living what a disgrace. I am ashamed of being a sucker for so long but that is over.

There is my rant off my chest now. Phew.

By the way: ski a great winter

When I was young I asked my foster parents about heaven I asked of there were ski resorts they said yes. My immediate response then was i was going to heaven. What a joke. How many of us would even have given these falsehoods a hope if it werent beaten into us as youth. Freedom of thought hard to have at eight. I dont believe anymore.

AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skiing
    I have come to the conclusion over the course of my life that there is no God. He is a figment of our imagination made up to help us maintain superiority or unite against a common foe. What a way to control the masses. Many of you wont like my thread I dont give a shit. These are my experiences and my conclusion. If he were real I would kick his ass for the shit done in his name.

You may not agree with me or fully agree with me. This isnt to stir the pot but to finally come out about the truth. There is no God!!!!!!! We are a bunch of apes with some knowledge and we think we have a monopoly on the living what a disgrace. I am ashamed of being a sucker for so long but that is over.

There is my rant off my chest now. Phew.

By the way: ski a great winter

When I was young I asked my foster parents about heaven I asked of there were ski resorts they said yes. My immediate response then was i was going to heaven. What a joke. How many of us would even have given these falsehoods a hope if it werent beaten into us as youth. Freedom of thought hard to have at eight. I dont believe anymore.
    You're right, I don't like your thread but I respect your opinion. The reason I don't like it is because you don't make a sound argument for what you do believe in nor a positive remark about your life with no G-d in it. You just sound pissed. I know plenty of athiests and they are extremely strong in their belief that there is no G-d. However, they are positive and upbeat about what they believe in. If you're going to be an athiest, at least be a positive one.

KrooC is offline Anabolic Member
    ok let me break it down ...

religion was created to comfort one in death, its alot easier on everyone thinking that there might be an after life... BOTTOM LINE

One step at a time. It takes a long time to make a butterfly. I am angry!!!! Im not gonna hide it from you. My argument will be in how I live my life from here on. I dont need to share that here. There hasnt been anything positive as to speak of by realising this it is so new for me. Been a long time coming. I just had to admit the problem publicly and this is my first step.

KrooC is offline Anabolic Member
    life is full of let downs anyway... at a young age you find out theres no santa, easter bunny, youl never be a famous actor then you settle for some old fat slut........ what a let down

Quote Originally Posted by KrooC
    ok let me break it down ...

religion was created to comfort one in death, its alot easier on everyone thinking that there might be an after life... BOTTOM LINE

Im sure it is so comforting to those killed in the name of religion. I think it is a joke.

AIZ
    One step at a time. It takes a long time to make a butterfly. I am angry!!!! Im not gonna hide it from you. My argument will be in how I live my life from here on. I dont need to share that here. There hasnt been anything positive as to speak of by realising this it is so new for me. Been a long time coming. I just had to admit the problem publicly and this is my first step.
    I think its great you admitted how you feel about G-d or the lack thereof. Now, focus on being happy. If you can't find anything that makes you happy, then you need to open your eyes wider...there is a plethora of reasons to be happy. I'm sure you can find one.

Quote Originally Posted by KrooC
    life is full of let downs anyway... at a young age you find out theres no santa, easter bunny, youl never be a famous actor then you settle for some old fat slut........ what a let down

I hear you on that one. LOL I am just making my cacoon right now to make my metamorphosis complete. hope you understand the first step towards that is speaking and affirming my belief.

Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    I think its great you admitted how you feel about G-d or the lack thereof. Now, focus on being happy. If you can't find anything that makes you happy, then you need to open your eyes wider...there is a plethora of reasons to be happy. I'm sure you can find one.

Getting there brother. I am happy when I ski.LOL

AIZ
    Im sure it is so comforting to those killed in the name of religion. I think it is a joke.

People have also been slaughtered for non-religious reasons as well. Wars have been waged by G-dless men too, with millions killed. So, if one man does it in the name of religion and another does it in the name of power, wealth, land, or some type of ideology...in the end its gonna suck for those killed...beleivers or non-believers

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I think the people that murder in the name of a religion would find another reason to murder even if there was no religion. Its easy to blame religion, but most often its men to blame.

Offcourse without religion we wouldnt have had stupid wars like the crusades.

but even though I am not religious I must say religion has done good things. Most churches run charities, many many find alot of comfort in religion. Those are not bad things.

People have also been slaughtered for non-religious reasons as well. Wars have been waged by G-dless men too, with millions killed. So, if one man does it in the name of religion and another does it in the name of power, wealth, land, or some type of ideology...in the end its gonna suck for those killed...beleivers or non-believers

I cant discount the truth. In the end it sucks for everyone. I understand the world isnt fair. I will not say it is. But when someone thinks they have the corner on the market and it affects me personally I have no choice but to speak. There is no winning an argument only giving opinion.

skiing do you totaly reject the idea of a creator(even not one belonging to any organised religion)?

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I think the people that murder in the name of a religion would find another reason to murder even if there was no religion. Its easy to blame religion, but most often its men to blame.

but even though I am not religious I must say religion has done good things. Most churches run charities, many many find alot of comfort in religion. Those are not bad things.

I am not fighting truth here only religion and its affect on me personally. I am not saying that good things dont come from it only that when it is wrapped in a lie it looks ugly. ski a great winter

skiing do you totaly reject the idea of a creator(even not one belonging to any organised religion)?

Funny you should ask that. The creator could have been from another planet and helped us with dna and such. I dont believe He or she is Omniscient or omnipotant being up in heaven judging. There has to be a proven way to know where we came from without believing in fallacy. ski a great winter.

It could all be an accident also.

This is going to open a can of worms. Aliens WTF. could you prove otherwise. no there is no proof anywhere.

Funny you should ask that. The creator could have been from another planet and helped us with dna and such. I dont believe He or she is Omniscient or omnipotant being up in heaven judging. There has to be a proven way to know where we came from without believing in fallacy. ski a great winter.

It could all be an accident also.

This is going to open a can of worms. Aliens WTF. could you prove otherwise. no there is no proof anywhere.
    even if aliens created life on earth the question would remain on how the universe started. What sparked the big bang.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    even if aliens created life on earth the question would remain on how the universe started. What sparked the big bang.

It's far too early in our existence, and in turn our knowledge to definitivly say what sparked big bang. We don't even understand gravity. But I think it childish and egotistical to assert god created not only us, and at the same time, a seemingly infinite universe. If we don't even fully understand our own physical environment, how can we expect someone to acuratly speculate about the origin of the universe big bang? how can we expect some carpenters son from 2000 years ago to speculate about our origin? If science one day proves the existence of god, fine. But Acient uneducated speculations and superstitions have no place in the realm of modern science.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    It's far too early in our existence, and in turn our knowledge to definitivly say what sparked big bang. We don't even understand gravity. But I think it childish and egotistical to assert god created not only us, and at the same time, a seemingly infinite universe. If we don't even fully understand our own physical environment, how can we expect someone to acuratly speculate about the origin of the universe big bang? how can we expect some carpenters son from 2000 years ago to speculate about our origin? If science one day proves the existence of god, fine. But Acient uneducated speculations and superstitions have no place in the realm of modern science.
    yes I agree fully. Keeping religion away from science is very important.

Just looking at it from both sides since I tend to belive in some kind of creator. But I view the creator as someone that doesnt have any kind of influence on our lifes. The universe has some pretty rigid laws governing it so imo if there was a creator all he had to do was set things in motion and let i run its course for whatever reason we might never know.
    It might be beyond the way we think to even explain the creation(how can we even speculate about something "before" big bang when there was no time or space. Its impossible to grasp the concept).

yes I agree fully. Keeping religion away from science is very important.

Just looking at it from both sides since I tend to belive in some kind of creator. But I view the creator as someone that doesnt have any kind of influence on our lifes. The universe has some pretty rigid laws governing it so imo if there was a creator all he had to do was set things in motion and let i run its course for whatever reason we might never know.
    It might be beyond the way we think to even explain the creation(how can we even speculate about something "before" big bang when there was no time or space. Its impossible to grasp the concept).

Given our current knowledge, a creator is still possible, and if there were to be a creator it would almost certainly fit your description of it; but I wouldn't say the creator scenario is probable.

its so hard to speculate since we have no knoweledge and no good physical modell on the first brief moment of the big bang. All our known laws of nature breaks down in that energy density. Any speculation about probability would probably just be pulled out of the air(although hawking claims he has calculated the probability of a universe spontaniously appearing with our set of laws to be like 80% or something but I dont know how he got that figure).

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Not that anyone has asked for it, or that it really matters one way or the other, but
    IMHO, it's not possible for us limited beings to say that we know for sure that there are no gods anywhere in the universe. But, it does make sense to say that we don't know of any reason to suppose that one exists.

I've examined the claims of the Bible, and found them silly and wholly without merit.

That's all I know.

-Tock

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Not that anyone has asked for it, or that it really matters one way or the other, but
    IMHO, it's not possible for us limited beings to say that we know for sure that there are no gods anywhere in the universe. But, it does make sense to say that we don't know of any reason to suppose that one exists.

I've examined the claims of the Bible, and found them silly and wholly without merit.

That's all I know.

-Tock
    If you think of G-d in terms of energy, then it is highly feasible that G-d exists...just not the way the scriptures present G-d.

Nice guys I like the thoughts. Keep them coming. I have some things to look into.

If you think of G-d in terms of energy, then it is highly feasible that G-d exists...just not the way the scriptures present G-d.

True. What we come to then is the true description of GOD. Any one have any thoughts on that out of the mainstream? I have a few but no way to prove conclusivly in either direction.

AIZ
    True. What we come to then is the true description of GOD. Any one have any thoughts on that out of the mainstream? I have a few but no way to prove conclusivly in either direction.
    It's impossible to prove the existence of G-d, in any understanding of him that one holds. There's a beauty in that, though. Maybe we aren't ready to understand G-d, or never meant to understand G-d. Imo, it doesn't matter how you view him, whether as energy or a white-bearded creator sitting on his throne. What's more important is not to jump to conclusions and say he simply doesn't exist. One can't prove it one way or another. Personally, I believe its all about energy and creation. There's a balance to everything in the world; water-fire, man-woman, light-darkness, love-hate, even good and evil. G-d, to me, is not about predestined futures, heaven and hell, etc. It's about creation (we were created) and about a balance (there's a balance for everything) which makes sense of chaos. I believe deeply in G-d and its a good feeling. When people suffer, I don't think, "where's G-d now?". G-d is everywhere, all the time. We were created and as human beings we have free will, the freedom to choose our own paths and as such, we also have to face the consequences of those choices. I don't believe that G-d is supposed to reach down with a hand and stop evil and suffering in the world. I was taught never to personify G-d.

I think the thing is. If we make such an assumption we have to ask ourself what do we gain by it. By saying "god is energy" do we gain any knoweledge? Do we gain any understanding on how energy behaves? It turns out it is just putting a label on something without knowing if the label belongs there.

It might offcourse be a philosophicaly appe****g way of thinking. Who know is energy on a universal level behaves "consiously"(sp??). It would also mean each and everyone of us is a part of god.

AIZ
    I think the thing is. If we make such an assumption we have to ask ourself what do we gain by it. By saying "god is energy" do we gain any knoweledge? Do we gain any understanding on how energy behaves? It turns out it is just putting a label on something without knowing if the label belongs there.

It might offcourse be a philosophicaly appe****g way of thinking. Who know is energy on a universal level behaves "consiously"(sp??). It would also mean each and everyone of us is a part of god.
    No, we don't gain any further understanding of G-d by thinking of him as energy. It's just my own way of viewing things. Since everything is made up of energy and energy can never be destroyed then I like to view G-d as all energy...he's in everything at every moment in every place.

There's a balance to everything in the world; water-fire, man-woman, light-darkness, love-hate, even good and evil. G-d, to me, is not about predestined futures, heaven and hell, etc. It's about creation (we were created) and about a balance (there's a balance for everything) which makes sense of chaos.

These are perceived differences, not some natural "balance".

I should truly let all people know I cant say god doesnt exist. I cant say he does exist. It all comes down to the personal definition of GOD by every individual. I only truly meant to say what I was taught isnt true. Hey aiz I LOVE FREEDOM to bro.
    ski a great winter too hopefully

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    These are perceived differences, not some natural "balance".
    Light and darkness, man and woman, water and fire: these are not perceived. The other ones are, yes.

I should truly let all people know I cant say god doesnt exist. I cant say he does exist. It all comes down to the personal definition of GOD by every individual. I only truly meant to say what I was taught isnt true. Hey aiz I LOVE FREEDOM to bro.
    ski a great winter too hopefully

you've certainly come a long way since this morning

Well, the Christian scriptures make no sense whatsoever. Talking animals, impossibilities, historical inaccuracies, etc.

Though there might be some sort of gods, we mortals have no idea of what they might be like. We do, however, have abundant rantings of people who think they know, from people who claim they talk with God yet sound like idiots (Pat Robertson springs to mind, along with thousands of nuts locked away in mental hospitals).

So, there might be a god or gods, there might even be many gods who live in warring camps. God might even look like a brontosaurus, or it might look like weinerschnitzel, or a bowling ball. Who knows? No one on this planet . . .

-Tock

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    havnt read all your posts yet...but if you think those killed in the name of christianity were killed by those following the teaching of jesus, then i would suggest looking into it a bit more.

so all those posts, skiing, and you are still not going to give any reasons why? Do you have reasons? or is it that you just dont like to follow the rules? or is it you dont want to believe? Why are you angry at your decision? of course i dont like this thread. its sad. but nothing i can do but wonder...

OH and id also like to say, i DO LOVE the title of this thread. "We are blind fools, there is no god". those who believe there is no god, are blind fools.

Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    havnt read all your posts yet...but if you think those killed in the name of christianity were killed by those following the teaching of jesus, then i would suggest looking into it a bit more.
    . . . was done by those claiming to follow the teaching of jesus, just like every Christian does.
    Pat Robertson claims to follow the teaching of jesus, as did David Koresh in Waco, as did lots of other folks, and I'm sure, you do as well.

I'm sure you're a nice guy, but this just goes to show ya that those who claim to follow the teachings of jesus stand a pretty good chance of being lunatics.

-Tock

if i claim to be gay but marry a girl, would i be acting as a gay man? no

if they claim to be following jesus, and they do things against his teaching, are they acting as christians? no.

is christianity at fault because of this? if you think so, why?

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer

I agree,

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    OH and id also like to say, i DO LOVE the title of this thread. "We are blind fools, there is no god". those who believe there is no god, are blind fools.

sexybeast is offline Junior Member
    Yup yall are goin to hell!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information