Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries

The Syrain Situation!!

Do you guys think the US is going to use military action with Syria?

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    no!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    no!!
    wt makes so sure?!!

Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays
    wt makes so sure?!!

public opinion is at his low, no support for the war in iraq

bush and his admin are two fingers away from impeachement (if they go that far).

syrian is a scapegoat, just do another economic sanction and it would be worst than bombing

the US doesnt need to attack another arab slash muslim nation based on actually nothing.

Syrian have a big mouth, hell arabs have all big mouths and big egos, dont fortget the small dog barks louder, the big dog bites!

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    oh man I am fed up with the syria thing in lebanon here everyone is debating this issue , i am eating drinkin and dreamin syrian-lebanese politics lol.
    as for your question no the US will not make a military move because there is no subsititute for the current syrian regim but the islamic brotherhood ( you have them in Egypt) and USA dont want them to be in power plus USA is stuck in Iraq now and it dont want to make a dangerous move like this plus this will have bad impact in lebanon because the zarkawi men will spread all over the middleast and they will get in lebanon, add to this some sides in "israel" the usa best friend prefer a weak surrounded regime in syria rather than to see a sunni islamic rule in Syria.
    If you read or hear that last bashar assad speech you will sense that Syrian is sure there will be no military intervention, the speech was hardcore speech it made me remember the old jamal abed el nasser's speeches.
    And dont forget Syria have many allies here in lebanon, and thing will get out of controle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    public opinion is at his low, no support for the war in iraq

bush and his admin are two fingers away from impeachement (if they go that far).

syrian is a scapegoat, just do another economic sanction and it would be worst than bombing

the US doesnt need to attack another arab slash muslim nation based on actually nothing.

Syrian have a big mouth, hell arabs have all big mouths and big egos, dont fortget the small dog barks louder, the big dog bites!
    asshole , but kinda makes sense

AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    The chances are thin, very thin but the chances for serious sanctions are much higher. That will come from the UN and not the US. The Syrians should try to be less belligerant and more diplomatic...you get more with honey than you do with vinegar.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    ...you get more with honey than you do with vinegar.
    The saying is "you catch more bee's with honey than with venegar".

And no. America can't afford to take military action against the Syrians or anyone else for that matter.

US can afford taking actions against the whole world with a motivated agenda, people and especially with at the head military not civilians!

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    The saying is "you catch more bee's with honey than with venegar".
    In Ireland maybe

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    It will not happen for alteast 3 years, the US cannot afford another war, especially before the next elections.

Blog Entries
    well, for who ever is coming power after G. W. Bush isn't not going to continue his path IMO cause G. W. Bush's situation in Iraq isn't pleasant at all.

eliteforce is offline Member
    the only way i can see it happening is that if bush's approval rating gets so low, he gets desparate and tries to get America into another war, but it would almost certainly backfire on him, not to mention the us would need to use bases in kuwait, bahrain and iraq to launch the attacks-arab allies in the region will be very unhappy with the esculation..

Quote Originally Posted by eliteforce
    not to mention the us would need to use bases in kuwait, bahrain and iraq to launch the attacks-arab allies in the region will be very unhappy with the esculation..
    dont worry about this the fake-arab leaders reached a humiliation point where if USA told them we need bases to attack your own people they wouldnt say no, they have 0% selfestime, they only care about being in power, so we the Arab people should not count on the subhuman arab leaders espacially the subhuman whore of jordan sorry king of jordan (el 3aher el ordoni )

yea really I love Syria because at least she's holding firm and not sellin out, she lets the rebels use her territory to infiltrate Iraq, cool

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    the only way i can see it happening is that if bush's approval rating gets so low, he gets desparate and tries to get America into another war, but it would almost certainly backfire on him, not to mention the us would need to use bases in kuwait, bahrain and iraq to launch the attacks-arab allies in the region will be very unhappy with the esculation..

One thing I dont get. Why would bush worry about aproval ratings when he cant get reelected anyway? Seems like second term presidents could do whatever the f*ck they want without worrying

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    One thing I dont get. Why would bush worry about aproval ratings when he cant get reelected anyway? Seems like second term presidents could do whatever the f*ck they want without worrying
    it will affect the republican party and they wont let him do anything than can negatively affect the interests USA and the republican party, its not like bush can do everything he have to take the advise of his party,the national security council, the CIA.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    yea really I love Syria because at least she's holding firm and not sellin out, she lets the rebels use her territory to infiltrate Iraq, cool

These "rebels" as you call them are killing Iraqi civilians to the tune of 100's a day.

Why do you think that is a cool thing?

Do you not like Muslims or Arabs?

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    it will affect the republican party and they wont let him do anything than can negatively affect the interests USA and the republican party, its not like bush can do everything he have to take the advise of his party,the national security council, the CIA.
    and Congress

These are the Rebels that you support?

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Suicide bombers killed 74 worshippers at two Shiite mosques near the Iranian border Friday, while a pair of car bombs targeting a Baghdad hotel housing Western journalists killed eight Iraqis. The suicide attackers targeted the Sheik Murad mosque and the Khanaqin Grand Mosque in Khanaqin, 90 miles northeast of Baghdad, as dozens of people were attending Friday prayers, police said. The police command said 74 people were killed and 75 wounded in the largely Kurdish town.

bigen-stop acting like you give a shit about those poor shiites, i like the rebels because they're killing the american imperialist oppressor, i don't know what the reason is that they kill those shiites-but if I was an arab from ramadi or falluja, and the Americans were destroying my town, randomly killing people and doing mass arrests-and those shiites are over there being a suck-ass and cooperating with the zionist enemy-i'd be pretty pissed too, the shiites need to get off there ass and resist the occupation-there country is oocupied and oppressed they need to liberate it

AIZ
    bigen-stop acting like you give a shit about those poor shiites, i like the rebels because they're killing the american imperialist oppressor, i don't know what the reason is that they kill those shiites-but if I was an arab from ramadi or falluja, and the Americans were destroying my town, randomly killing people and doing mass arrests-and those shiites are over there being a suck-ass and cooperating with the zionist enemy-i'd be pretty pissed too, the shiites need to get off there ass and resist the occupation-there country is oocupied and oppressed they need to liberate it
    The Shiites don't need to be liberated...they are a liberated people who couldn't get off their asses under Saddam's rule. The US had to liberate the MAJORITY from the minority. The Shiites, Kurds, and the Sunnis now have the opportunity to vote democratically, now have a constitution, and how is the US-Led coaltion thanked...well, you say kill US troops b/c they are occupiers and randomly killing people. I think you should use the words "random killing" in the same sentence with what the Muslims are doing to the Muslims in Iraq and have been doing long before US troops arrived. I guess you don't like Democratic institutions, huh? Prefer the Islamofacist route?

Prefer the Islamofacist route?
    what about the jewishfacist route chosen by "israel"??

In Ireland maybe

I thought in the land of milk and honey you'd have used honey!.

Sorry I wasn't trying to be a smartass and correcting you.

Alot of us here are very much against the war. But I'd ask you to consider the vast majority of members here are American and to moderate your language please. You can voice your opposition to Iraq/Bush in other ways.

ok sorry

AIZ
    what about the jewishfacist route chosen by "israel"??
    You mean with our 1.3 million Arab citizens? How many Jews live in Lebanon my friend and/or Syria?

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I thought in the land of milk and honey you'd have used honey!.

Sorry I wasn't trying to be a smartass and correcting you.

No, I didn't take it that way at all.

maybe my post is excess and not nice for americans to hear but i think americans need to hear the other perspective more often..americans are exposed to one-sided media:
    America represents freedom
    Arab govts are oppresive and terrorists..

it's such a bunch of shit because it's the Americans and the American funded/backed Israelis that are the ones with the oppresive policies and the 'terrorists' are mostly resisting their agenda; i think few Americans really get this..

kis55 is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=eliteforce]maybe my post is excess and not nice for americans to hear but i think americans need to hear the other perspective more often..americans are exposed to one-sided media:

I agree, those two statements are true!

Elite I agree that Americans need to see the other side of the news and not whats being reported in America, but this site isn't for you or me to stuff it down their necks.

AIZ
    maybe my post is excess and not nice for americans to hear but i think americans need to hear the other perspective more often..americans are exposed to one-sided media:

it's such a bunch of shit because it's the Americans and the American funded/backed Israelis that are the ones with the oppresive policies and the 'terrorists' are mostly resisting their agenda; i think few Americans really get this..
    You'd be surprised how many Americans and Israelis understand more than just one side. After all, we don't live in nations that hinder freedom of the press by allowing state-run television only. By the way, Arab governments, in my opinion, are not terrorists but yes, they are very oppressive.

What you view as "oppressive policies" is viewed by others as defensive policies.

By the way, Arab governments, in my opinion, are not terrorists but yes, they are very oppressive.
    You should thank those oppressive governements because without them "israel" would vanish, I think you understand what I mean

You should thank those oppressive governements because without them "israel" would vanish, I think you understand what I mean

If AIZ knows what you mean, the rest of us are alittle confused. Care to educate us?.

AIZ
    No, I never understand what you mean

bigen-stop acting like you give a shit about those poor Shiites
    I hate to disappoint you but, yes I do give a shit about any poor civilians that are being murdered

i like the rebels because they're killing the american imperialist oppressor,
    This I can understand,

I have my own questions about our mission in Iraq.

i don't know what the reason is that they kill those shiites-but if I was an arab from ramadi or falluja, and the Americans were destroying my town, randomly killing people and doing mass arrests-and those shiites are over there being a suck-ass and cooperating with the zionist enemy-i'd be pretty pissed too, the shiites need to get off there ass and resist the occupation-there country is oocupied and oppressed they need to liberate it
    However I can’t understand why you support Muslims killing innocent Muslim women and children, regardless of the reason?

AIZ
    i like the rebels because they're killing the american imperialist oppressor
    By rebels I guess you mean the "insurgents" or "terrorists"...you know, the ones who behead civilians. As for being American imperialists: remember a very important fact...Kurds, Christians, Turks, and even now Shiites, are not the ones slaughtering soldiers. Why? Simple, because they were oppressed people under Sunni Saddam. Now, they are together in the government and trying to hammer out a constitution. The Sunni minority has lost control. They also abused control while in power. Nevertheless, even after the massacres by Sunnis at Halabja against the Kurds, they are now represented in the new government. Try and see the good that the Americans have done. You might not like them. You might not agree with the war. But, if you took a second to see the good, you might surprise yourself.

those shiites are over there being a suck-ass and cooperating with the zionist enemy-i'd be pretty pissed too, the shiites need to get off there ass and resist the occupation-there country is oocupied and oppressed they need to liberate it
    Ok, 2 things:

1. "Zionist Enemy"??? Zionism has nothing to do with the Iraq War. Some say that Israel gained by having Saddam out of power. Guess what? Everyone in the region gained from him losing power.

2. Why would the Shiites resist? They control the government. I think there's somethings you don't understand about the new situation over there. Sorry to be the one to inform you but the Shiites don't want the US to leave yet. If that happened, before the new Iraqi forces are trained, the new government could get toppled by Sunni violence

Thread Information