Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    BeerBaron is offline Senior Member

Man cured of AIDS

A YOUNG British man thought to be the first person to have shaken off HIV, the virus that causes Aids, is to undergo further clinical tests in the hope of a breakthrough in treating the condition.
    Andrew Stimpson, 25, said yesterday that he was willing to do all he could to help to tackle the condition, after it emerged that his body had apparently rid itself of the human immunodeficiency virus.

Mr Stimpson, a Scot living in London, was found to be HIV-positive in August 2002, but 14 months later a blood test suggested that he no longer carried the virus. A further three tests confirmed the finding.

Doctors believe that this first confirmed case of “spontaneous clearance” of HIV could offer important insights into the behaviour of the virus, and possible means of defeating it.

To date there has been anecdotal evidence of such a clearance of HIV — in a handful of cases in sub-Saharan Africa — while two patients in the 1980s appeared to shake off the virus. However, in those instances it was impossible to prove that the positive and negative blood tests came from the same person.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...871540,00.html

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i think i read this O yeah i already posted it in the louge like 2 days ago

Interesting. This means that their dna in thier genes deactive the virus??? LIke an immunity to it?? If so that's pretty interesting. Biology is soooo interesting. Once we learn how to f*ck with gene pools we will become god. Why do you think President Bush is illegalizing all these stem cell research, cloning and other biological experiments? Because they will cure and help so much that the medical industry will loose almost all of it's profits selling drugs and supplies. No more supplies or drugs, no more taxes on them. Sad but True.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    i think i read this O yeah i already posted it in the louge like 2 days ago
    hahaha my bad, I tend to avoid the lounge.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    I read an article 3 years ago reporting some prostitutes cured from the disease maybe because they have swallowed to mush infected sperm without getting infected they made some kind of a resistance to the virus.
    I am an HIV paranoid wheneven I go to the dentist I ask him to clean the equipment 2 times, I always watch the barber if he is using new baldes, in sex I am sure the condom is from a good brand, I think men tend to catch HIV more than women thats why we should be always safe!

wrx
    wrx is offline Associate Member
    LAST WEEK THERE WAS A GUY IN ISRAEL THAT WAS CURED ALSO! they said on the news that its the second case of beeing cured from aids the first is the british guy, but they said that their viruse was probably weeker than usual and that its to early to say that aids can be cured(he was given a new aids medicine)

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    I think men tend to catch HIV more than women thats why we should be always safe!
    The opposit acctualy. Men have a hard time catching HIV from females unless they screw her in the backdoor.

They should examine that guy real well. Even if he objects he should be forced to. To many lives at stake. But it doesnt suprise me that some get rid of it. No disease has a 100% kill rate.

Researching for a cure should not be left to the big med companies that is for sure. They profit much more from people beeing HIV positive.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    The opposit acctualy. Men have a hard time catching HIV from females unless they screw her in the backdoor.
    maybe you are right because I dont have too mush knowledge in this domain.

Syndicate is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    I read an article 3 years ago reporting some prostitutes cured from the disease maybe because they have swallowed to mush infected sperm without getting infected they made some kind of a resistance to the virus.
    I am an HIV paranoid wheneven I go to the dentist I ask him to clean the equipment 2 times, I always watch the barber if he is using new baldes, in sex I am sure the condom is from a good brand, I think men tend to catch HIV more than women thats why we should be always safe!

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by johan

They should examine that guy real well. Even if he objects he should be forced to. To many lives at stake. But it doesnt suprise me that some get rid of it. No disease has a 100% kill rate.

Researching for a cure should not be left to the big med companies that is for sure. They profit much more from people beeing HIV positive.
    Exactly

Thread Information