Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts

Thread: what if....

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

what if....

What if we manage to beat aging within the next 40 years or so. Making it possible to rejuvinate when getting old. When your 50-60 you just go in, get it fixed and walk out as a 25 year old.

How do you think that would effect the world economy? the politics?

Alot of people would lose there jobs when there is no more old people to care for and aging diseases will be almost totaly gone. But I think the economy would be stronger since everyone no matter what age would be fit to work.

I think politics would change to be more longterm. If we can live 500+ years Im pretty sure we would want a good world to live in. So the short sighted, thinking only 4 years into the future crap would be gone hopefully. Maby elections would be spaced further betwen. A election every 10th year instead.

Offcourse if we didnt restrict childbirth the world would get instantly overpopulated but if we know we can live several hundrad years I think most would decide to get a child later in life. The rich countries would have to find some way to restrict childbirth in the poor countries.

I also think people would hesitate more before going to war. If we wont age life will be more precious. Deaths will be rare and will have a much bigger impact.

What do you think would happen? This isnt such a wild imagination. I belive this can be achieved in the not to distant future(probably before the younger bro's here are dead).

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    its not ethical and its against god will so I am not for it, and I dont think its possible let us make a cure for AIDS and Cancer first.

why would it be against gods will? If we with the minds he has given us find ways to expand our life why would that be bad? Wouldnt curing cancer and aids be just as much against his will. Both is just pushing back the inevitable.

AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    its not ethical and its against god will so I am not for it, and I dont think its possible let us make a cure for AIDS and Cancer first.
    I see your point about being against religion but killing is also against religion but people do that...plenty of that!

I think that if aging was able to be reduced, we would eventually have a very serious problem with population overload.

I say, if you can live longer...go for it

AIZ dont you think there would be a even greater reduction in pregnancies if lifespan could be increased that dramaticly?? Right now not many of the western countries has a growing population(not taking into account imigration).

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    AIZ dont you think there would be a even greater reduction in pregnancies if lifespan could be increased that dramaticly?? Right now not many of the western countries has a growing population(not taking into account imigration).
    the thoguht of being an immortal by rejuvenating by some medicine o roperation cannot work sicnce first , this technology like any other will have a price , and that price isnt gonna be for everyone , so u will have death in the world , and then do u really think u can outwit GOD by some medicine , cause u may wanna find some medicine to save your ass if u get hit by a car , or drown , or any other accidental deaths ................. when u r gonna die u r gonna die , no man woman or half a brain can stop that , in my opinion we will never reach that pinnacle of a place .

Quote Originally Posted by zOaib
    the thoguht of being an immortal by rejuvenating by some medicine o roperation cannot work sicnce first , this technology like any other will have a price , and that price isnt gonna be for everyone , so u will have death in the world , and then do u really think u can outwit GOD by some medicine , cause u may wanna find some medicine to save your ass if u get hit by a car , or drown , or any other accidental deaths ................. when u r gonna die u r gonna die , no man woman or half a brain can stop that , in my opinion we will never reach that pinnacle of a place .
    yes Im not saying we would beat death permanently, thats probably impossible. Just remove aging from the equation so deaths would only be caused by aggresive infectious diseases, accident ect. Not cheating god or anything like that just making the precious but short life longer and more enjoyable by removing age related shortcomings.

Funny that this idea is a bad one to some people what is wrong with living a few hundrad years instead of 70?

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    wont change crap

in the antiquity the western world was living up to 80 until the church imposed its BS!

more people = more frictions = more conflicts = more war = more people dying = balance

but there is alot of difference betwen living to be 80 and beeing old and ****ed upp the last 25 years or living until 500 years old with the body of a 25 year old all the way through..

What kind of changes do you think would have happened when the first long life generation has lived for 250 years? Surely people must become a bit wiser after living that long

alphaman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zOaib
    According to the Old Testament, people lived a lot longer in Moses' time (hundreds of years).

alphaman is offline Anabolic Member
    I think they would have to impose laws about reproduction.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Ever think that things are better after you die???.........why get in the way???........live life........enjoy it.........then pass on.........why fight natural order?......and why overcrowd the earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    Ever think that things are better after you die???.........why get in the way???........live life........enjoy it.........then pass on.........why fight natural order?......and why overcrowd the earth?
    I dont know anything about the afterlife. But I do know that I enjoy beeing alive so I wouldnt mind beeing alive as long as I want to, untill I dont feel like it anymore. I have all the time in the world to die but not much time beeing alive.

We are already fighting natural order. Everytime a doc saves a life a person that is suposed to die lives on.

The earth will be overcrowded anyway untill we find out how to get away from this planet.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    wont change crap

in the antiquity the western world was living up to 80 until the church imposed its BS!

more people = more frictions = more conflicts = more war = more people dying = balance

i like your equation vandoo , cause its TRUE !!!!

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    According to the Old Testament, people lived a lot longer in Moses' time (hundreds of years).
    thats true , but that was because there were less people on the planet and most of the offsprings would die of different illnesses so the keep the gene pool flowing ages were longer , makes sense , hence as man became capable of de****g with diseases life span became shorter .............. so any way u look at it nature is one step ahead of us (or i should say GOD is)......... interestign though !

Thread Information