Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis

safety

safety
    Last edited by thegodfather; 11-06-2007 at 04:50 PM.

cavemanspearchucker is offline Associate Member
    if they can bring back baseball america will last a long time. romans went through hard times as well. america was the shit a few years ago and it will be again in another few years. these are the ups and downs of politics. we have to go through this time of dispair to reach another time of plenty.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    FoREVER

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    FoREVER
    I believe 3,000 years of History would tend to disagree with that...

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    It's projected China's economy will surpas the US in about 3 decades, it already bumped england out of the number 4 spot. I think the US will lose its #1 world super power spot with in the next 50 years. I don't think the US will ever not exist, well, at least until a central world government forms.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather
    I believe 3,000 years of History would tend to disagree with that...
    well I didnt read ur 1st post so I dunno if u meant like will it last just that or will it remain the #1 power...well egypts been there for 5000yrs...

even if it aint the #1 power...still the Gr8est country in the world

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    The US can be the super power for years to come, some problems it is facing is lack of good education, laziness, illegal immigration, and lack of assimilation. Although the US is excellent at assimiliation, lately it is lacking in that category.

I think as countries become properous the population gets lazy because they have everything they need, they loose the drive they once had, and slowly disintergrate.

You can see that in American today, the new kids are not as hardworking as their parents and grandparents.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i think that the ballgame has changed a ton in these past 100 years as to longevity. i can't really see any of the superpowers falling fast without pretty much armegeddon. as for a country liek china surpassing the US in economic power, i can't see that happening either. if just a small portion of the third world used as much energy as the average perosn in the first world does, we would run out of resources right quick-like. so i think there would have to be a radical advancement in technology for some of the crap countries like china to get to the point where they can have a proportionate amount of economic power in comparison with their size.

hopefully the whole militaristic state thing will become passe in not too long though. what are we supposed to do fight more world wars for like 100 years more worth of gasoline?

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    It's projected China's economy will surpas the US in about 3 decades, it already bumped england out of the number 4 spot. I think the US will lose its #1 world super power spot with in the next 50 years. I don't think the US will ever not exist, well, at least until a central world government forms.
    Yes I agree,

Albeit I believe that the US will go through a politcal revolution. I just dont see people supporting Repubs and Democrats indefinitly. With all the manipulation, collusion and LOSS of freedom not because of invented terrorism but rather the US govt. They will eventually demand change.

AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    Actually, it doesn''t matter b/c despite what many believe, America hasn't been the sole economic superpower since the 1970s. America has had a lot of competition for a long time.

As for America lasting as the sole political/military superpower: it will be a long time before anyone replaces America's top spot. Main reason: America is not an empire, it's a hegemony...yes, there is a great difference.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    China..........Will surpass the US......and a lot sooner than you all think!

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    China..........Will surpass the US......and a lot sooner than you all think!
    Due to all of the hype about China, its understandable why one would think this way. However, it is important to remember:
    1. China's population is aging a lot faster than the U.S.
    2. Pollution is causing serious economic problems
    3. Poverty is rampant in China
    4. It is still communist

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Until something catastrophic happens. Nuke war, comet impact, yellowstone erruption ect....

Or maby john titor is right and you guys will have a civil war in the states soon

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    I dont have to mush info on this subject, but history tell us that every nation had a golden time then another nation take it place.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    forever is a possibility, here let me explain you why

the US will change and evoluate into a supra national power, it will take north america, then Europe and the western world, then south america, australia some part of Asia to compete with new threats, then this entity will change into a world global power who will govern the one into one federal entity.

we wont see it, but in less than 10 generations maybe.

not every nations has a golden period, the US can stand his golden period for many centuries ahead and it is quite easy to do so. People talk about china and all, china is a paper tiger, their economy is the equivalent of my city, and 98% of the economy is owned by British and american interests. It takes one move out and the chinese economy is gone, china knows it very well, militaryly, they got their ass kicked for thousand of years, they dont know how the world work, still they dont care they do their little things like they always did.

the US with the economic power it has, still guys my country is in the top of the richest countries in the world and still the US is 10 000 times bigger in term of growth, so dont come and tell me India, china and so onm they should have risen since, they missed the bus, they will follow like everybody else.

Logan13 is offline Banned

true

Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    The US can be the super power for years to come, some problems it is facing is lack of good education, laziness, illegal immigration, and lack of assimilation. Although the US is excellent at assimiliation, lately it is lacking in that category.

I think as countries become properous the population gets lazy because they have everything they need, they loose the drive they once had, and slowly disintergrate.

You can see that in American today, the new kids are not as hardworking as their parents and grandparents.
    True.

yes

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    forever is a possibility, here let me explain you why

the US will change and evoluate into a supra national power, it will take north america, then Europe and the western world, then south america, australia some part of Asia to compete with new threats, then this entity will change into a world global power who will govern the one into one federal entity.

we wont see it, but in less than 10 generations maybe.

not every nations has a golden period, the US can stand his golden period for many centuries ahead and it is quite easy to do so. People talk about china and all, china is a paper tiger, their economy is the equivalent of my city, and 98% of the economy is owned by British and american interests. It takes one move out and the chinese economy is gone, china knows it very well, militaryly, they got their ass kicked for thousand of years, they dont know how the world work, still they dont care they do their little things like they always did.

the US with the economic power it has, still guys my country is in the top of the richest countries in the world and still the US is 10 000 times bigger in term of growth, so dont come and tell me India, china and so onm they should have risen since, they missed the bus, they will follow like everybody else.
    I like you.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    The USA will last until the baggy-pants, Yo-MTV rap kids start to run things...

nice

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Cracker
    That is an awesome statement, as the idea of this worries me as well.........

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Dont worry. There will be enough mexicans over there to take control before the rap kids does

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Cracker
    Dont worry, we're still in good shape. The ones running things will be the ones who were picked on in school by the baggy pants Yo-Mtv Rap Kids...There are still enough nerds and losers left in the high schools of America to become educated and go on political power trips. America is just fine.

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather
    Well, I dont think this is too absurd of a question. Given how long the Roman empire was able to reign for, the question of how long the United States of America will be able to rule for seems like a legitimate question. Given all of the problems today, and how unhappy the public is with the country. I also find it striking that we call ourselves a Democracy, yet in a true democracy, every citizen would vote on every issue. Our system of elected officials to decide for the masses is flawed, IMHO. Too many things are influencing these peoples decisions, politics is no longer a DUTY, its a career. The amount of money and corruption influence our elected officials decisions is sickening. So given that the US is about 226 years old, how much longer do you think it can continue on? Please give some reasons or factual information for your predictions.
    It's not a great idea to compare Rome and America. Rome was an empire; America is a hegemonic power. There is a great difference.

Thread Information