Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned

What is going on in Latin America?

It seems like they are all getting anti-US, and radically going left of the political spectrum?

Evo Morales, Bolivia's president-elect, has branded George Bush, the US president, a "terrorist", but a spokesman in La Paz said the remark must have been mistranslated.

Morales spoke in Spanish to Aljazeera, which dubbed his comments into Arabic.

"The only terrorist in this world that I know of is Bush. His military intervention, such as the one in Iraq, that is state terrorism," Aljazeera quoted him as saying.

"There is a difference between people fighting for a cause and what terrorists do," Morales was quoted as saying.

"Today in Bolivia and Latin America, it's no longer people that are lifting their weapons against imperialism, but it's imperialism that is lifting its weapons against people through military intervention and military bases."

A Morales spokesman in La Paz, who was present during the interview, said he did not remember Morales saying that and that he must have been translated incorrectly.

Morales, who calls himself a nightmare for the United States, has alarmed the Bush administration with his opposition to its strategy in the war on drugs and his admiration for presidents Hugo Chavez of Venezuela and Fidel Castro of Cuba, both vocal foes of the United States.

http://www.kavkaz.tv/eng/content/2005/12/21/4311.shtml

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Let him burn his bridges. Bolivia has nothing we need and they need everything from us.

AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a very good friend who studies with me from Bolivia. He couldn't believe that an "indian" and former coco leaf grower got elected by 52%. Lets all welcome a new dictator to the continent. Now Chavez isn't alone

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    I have a very good friend who studies with me from Bolivia. He couldn't believe that an "indian" and former coco leaf grower got elected by 52%. Lets all welcome a new dictator to the continent. Now Chavez isn't alone
    Dictator. You got to be kidding. When a person is elected that isnt what you like, or doesnt agree with you, doesnt make him a dictator.

Thread Information