Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot

The Law Is The Law

THE LAW IS THE LAW

So if the US government determines that it is against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it.

And if that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.

And since they already have prohibited any prayer in the schools, on which they deem their authority, then so be it.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.

I would like to think that those people have the American Publics' best interests at heart.

BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?

Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot Post His Commandments in Government buildings,

I don't believe the Government and it's employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives to not have to worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all it's just another day.

I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter.

It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to ! be "politically correct."

In fact.....

I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside for worshipping God...) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....

What do you all think????

If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will stop giving in to the minority opinions and begin, once again, to represent the 'majority' of ALL of the American people.

SO BE IT...........

Please Dear Lord, Give us the help needed to keep you in our country!

'Amen' and 'Amen'

These are definitely things I never thought about but from now on, I will be sure to question those, in government, who support these changes.

At the top, it says "I hope this makes its way around the USA several times over!!!!!"

Let's see that it does.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    good points but its only going to get worse......

unfortuenatley it will completeley done away with eventually

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    So if the US government determines that it is against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it.
    Of course, this hasn't happened yet.
    But one of these days, US Moslems are going to agitate to have "In Allah We Trust" put on some US Currency as well. And other religious groups are going to want their supreme deity's turn on the money supply as well, and why not?

And if that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.
    Um, rules for displaying the Ten Commandments are around . . . pretty much, as long as they're not the only religious documents around, they're gonna have problems. Add in some other mythological documents for a historical display, and ya, that usually works ok.

Funny things, though, about the 10 commandments . . .
    * not many people even know what they are
    * not many people are capable of complying with all 10 of them, nor would they want to.
    * US courts have ruled that federal, state, and local governments may NOT enforce them - like the commandment to keep the Sabbath holy.
    * I'll bet that the original poster (and the vast majority of Christians) don't observe these commandments, yet wish they were posted everywhere. Pretty silly, IMHO.

And since they already have prohibited any prayer in the schools
    Again, not so.
    The only prayer that is prohibited in public schools are mandatory prayers, or prayers that are composed or led by government employees.
    Any student is free to pray on their own, or in groups with other students.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.
    Well, this is your lucky day.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.
    I'm sure they are.

BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?
    Um, to rant about how Christians are such a persecuted minority in the USA?

Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot Post His Commandments in Government buildings,
    As I've pointed out, your premise is unfounded . . . so, I'm just gonna zap all the rest of your pointless rant, and encourage you to go to your school's library, borrow a copy of one of their many bibles, copy the 10 commandments, get a nice little bible study going amongst some friends to figure out why y'all haven't been following what the 10 commandments tell you to do.

At the top, it says "I hope this makes its way around the USA several times over!!!!!"
    Let's see that it does.
    Oh, I see . . . this was some bit of spam you caught floating around the internet, and you brought it here . . .

Tsk tsk tsk . . . you should really read and think about this sort of thing before you send them on to other folks . . .

-Tock

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    moved to this forum instead.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    I think you've skewed the idea of seperation of church and state. The government cannot be connected to the government for various reasons. Think about the USA in particular, they have an extremely diverse population, with many different religions. In fact, the USA encourages these many different religions to flourish and express themselves, and thats why they really have to keep a neutral position on the religion issue. Rather pointless post, IMO...

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    where u been cruise?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    good place for it.. and i like it..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

Why the Police will Kick your ass

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    where u been cruise?
    WORKING

Thread Information