Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned

Dollar vs EURO -- Weapons of mass destruction

There were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, in the form of EURO currency. The petrodollar depends upon Iraq's oil reserves to defend the United States dollar against the EURO and other currencies. In 2001, well before Iraq's invasion, the dollar faced uncertainty as an overpriced, debt heavy currency against a new and robust EURO. In early 2004, the dollar is losing ground.

The economics will change however. Now that The United States of America has taken both Iraq and Afghanistan and owns those country's natural resources, the dollar plans a brighter future, or a stable one at best. Iraq trades (again) in dollars. The White House said all along they were freeing Iraqis and Afghanis from tyranny, and searching for weapons of mass destruction, and that the US-military was not invading those countries for oil, but that wasn't true.

War protesters claimed George W Bush was invading Iraq for oil. That was only partly true, and their cries for peace were uninformed. US-led invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan were for oil, but not for consumption. Pre-Iraq invasion, Saddam Hussein was trading in EUROs. Afghanistan is key to piping oil out of the Caspian Basin.

http://www.thinkandask.com/news/thedollar.html

The Real Reasons Why Iran is the Next Target: The Emerging Euro-denominated International Oil Marker

The Iranians are about to commit an "offense" far greater than Saddam Hussein's conversion to the euro of Iraq’s oil exports in the fall of 2000. Numerous articles have revealed Pentagon planning for operations against Iran as early as 2005. While the publicly stated reasons will be over Iran's nuclear ambitions, there are unspoken macroeconomic drivers explaining the Real Reasons regarding the 2nd stage of petrodollar warfare - Iran's upcoming euro-based oil Bourse.

In 2005-2006, The Tehran government has a developed a plan to begin competing with New York's NYMEX and London's IPE with respect to international oil trades - using a euro-denominated international oil-trading mechanism. This means that without some form of US intervention, the euro is going to establish a firm foothold in the international oil trade. Given U.S. debt levels and the stated neoconservative project for U.S. global domination, Tehran's objective constitutes an obvious encroachment on U.S. dollar supremacy in the international oil market

"Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes...known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. . . No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare."

- James Madison, Political Observations, 1795

http://www.energybulletin.net/2913.html

No observer of the lead-up to the war in Iraq and its aftermath could have failed to notice that the level of cooperation between Europe and America was extremely low. France and Germany were very strong opponents of the US/UK invasion and even after the war was declared over, disagreements persisted over the lifting of sanctions and how Iraq should be run. So was this just a one-off tiff or was it a symptom of deeper flaws in the relationship? I believe that the war on Iraq illustrated for the first time that continental Europe, led by France and Germany, no longer wishes to follow the Americans politically, although what has been termed a 'clash of civilisations'1 is probably better viewed as a 'clash of economies'.

http://www.feasta.org/documents/review2/nunan.htm

With a strong dependency upon oil, and petrodollars secure, the White House hopes the EURO will slide. The EURO economy is currently $9.6 trillion. As more countries jump on to use EURO, their economy grows. The US either takes over the assets they trade, like Iraq, or convince the rest of the world to exchange their currency for dollars. The US is urging Tony Blair not to adopt the EURO for this purpose. The EURO is new, has little debt. The US dollar has a substantial debt, but is heavily used. The European Union itself is a larger consumer of oil than the US.

These are White House games you won't read about in the US media. This one you should pay attention to.

What I find really interesting is the fact that in AIZ's article, it says Iran will go nuclear on March 2006, the same month and year, that Iran plans to switch over from the Dollar to the Euro.

Beginning in March 2006, the Tehran government has plans to begin competing with New York's NYMEX and London's IPE with respect to international oil trades – using a euro-based international oil-trading mechanism.

Expect something to happen at that time.

AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    This stuff is in the U.S. media. Business is business, C. If you don't like it, go back to using the Ruble.

Saddam Hussein and Bin Laden both owned stocks on the NYSE. What's the point of the story?

Politics and business is a nasty mix...we all know this. It's no secret.

To me, its no different that religious Muslims in Afghanistan/Iran/Pakistan selling drugs (opium) to financially support their wars.

Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    This stuff is in the U.S. media. Business is business, C. If you don't like it, go back to using the Ruble.

Saddam Hussein and Bin Laden both owned stocks on the NYSE. What's the point of the story?

Politics and business is a nasty mix...we all know this. It's no secret.

To me, its no different that religious Muslims in Afghanistan/Iran/Pakistan selling drugs (opium) to financially support their wars.
    I have stocks in the Stock market, actually I am obsessed with the stock market.

I never said there is problems with it.

What I said is that people will be foolish to belive that governments and politicans care about people and their lives, they dont, they care about money. Everyone of these people care about money, money makes the world go round. So all this scare tactics about Iran nukes and Iraqi WMD are just an excuse to futher a nations economics.

Why do you think Europe wasnt in the Iraq war? Do you think they cared about the Iraqi people? No. Just economics, and I belive in this case the EURO.

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    I have stocks in the Stock market, actually I am obsessed with the stock market.
    Me too

So all this scare tactics about Iran nukes and Iraqi WMD are just an excuse to futher a nations economics.
    It is true that WMD were in Iraq at one point. How do we know this? U.S. and UN both found them post-Gulf War. About Iran: It's Iran that is attempting to scare the world, not the other way around. It is Ahmedinejad who is making threatening comments, such as wiping nations off the map...not the other way around. We want to stop his nuke program...not kill Iranian civilians.

Why do you think Europe wasnt in the Iraq war? Do you think they cared about the Iraqi people? No. Just economics, and I belive in this case the EURO.
    Europe not in the war?

"Coalition of the Willing": Nations that have troops in Iraq:

United Kingdom 9,000
    Italy 3,000
    Poland 2,460
    Ukraine 1,600
    Spain * 1,300
    Netherlands 1,100
    Romania 700
    Bulgaria 480
    Denmark 420
    Hungary 300
    Norway 179
    Latvia 120
    Lithuania 118
    Slovakia 102
    Czech Republic 80

Me too
    Cool. I took 5000 dollars and made it into 18,000. And the last 6 months I lost about 10,000. So I have about a 3000 dollar profit. I dont keep it there for investment I trade.

It is true that WMD were in Iraq at one point. How do we know this? U.S. and UN both found them post-Gulf War. About Iran: It's Iran that is attempting to scare the world, not the other way around. It is Ahmedinejad who is making threatening comments, such as wiping nations off the map...not the other way around. We want to stop his nuke program...not kill Iranian civilians.
    Saddam's WMD was destroyed after the first Gulf war, he doesnt have any now, as told by the Bush Admistration officals and investigators themselves, the intelligence war wrong.

Even before Ahmadnejad made his comments, there were plans and talk about attack Iran.

Europe not in the war?

"Coalition of the Willing": Nations that have troops in Iraq:

United Kingdom 9,000
    Italy 3,000
    Poland 2,460
    Ukraine 1,600
    Spain * 1,300
    Netherlands 1,100
    Romania 700
    Bulgaria 480
    Denmark 420
    Hungary 300
    Norway 179
    Latvia 120
    Lithuania 118
    Slovakia 102
    Czech Republic 80
    Other than Italy and the UK, the rest shouldnt even be counted. Even with pathetic numbers, they are in a none combatative role.

AIZ
    Cool. I took 5000 dollars and made it into 18,000. And the last 6 months I lost about 10,000. So I have about a 3000 dollar profit. I dont keep it there for investment I trade.
    I have money sitting there for over 10 years. I watch it go up and down...I try not to pay attention to it until absolutely necessary.

Saddam's WMD was destroyed after the first Gulf war, he doesnt have any now, as told by the Bush Admistration officals and investigators themselves, the intelligence war wrong.
    Well, about 2 months before the invasion, Hans Blix (not a U.S.-Friendly guy) found 120 chemical warheads. He stated that this is not proof of finding Saddam's arsenal but rather just the beginning of that search.

before Ahmadnejad made his comments, there were plans and talk about attack Iran.
    True, but again, it has to do with nukes...not Iran's civilians.

Other than Italy and the UK, the rest shouldnt even be counted. Even with pathetic numbers, they are in a none combatative role.
    I'm sure that each of those sovereign nations that have troops fighting in Iraq appreciate that comment.

Well, about 2 months before the invasion, Hans Blix (not a U.S.-Friendly guy) found 120 chemical warheads. He stated that this is not proof of finding Saddam's arsenal but rather just the beginning of that search.
    Link? Proof?

120 Warheads that were capable of carrying chemical weapons or 120 warheads with Chemical warheads?

AIZ
    Link? Proof?

120 Warheads that were capable of carrying chemical weapons or 120 warheads with Chemical warheads?
    Sorry, I couldn't remember the exact quote at the time. It wasn't 120 rockets but rather 122-mm chemical warheads...Here it is:

Few months before invasion: Hans Blix 2003 , "The discovery of 122-mm chemical rocket warheads in a bunker...relatively new bunker...the discovery of a few rockets does not resolve but rather points to the issue of several thousands of chemical rockets that are unaccounted for."

I posted this here: http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...ight=Bush+Lied

The quote came from an article. Norman Podhoretz wrote in January 2005, "Who is Lying About Iraq?" That's where I got the quote. I subscribe to Commentary.

I'm sure you can find it online

Thread Information