Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member

To our Arab-Muslim Members

Guys read well and wake up already!

"When in Doubt, Blame the Mossad"

By Gideon Bachar

In recent years, one phenomenon that directly impacts on Israel and our regional standing has become increasingly prevalent in the Arab world. It is the belief that anything bad that happens in the region is the result of an Israeli and Western conspiracy against Arab interests. The chief culprit is always Western and Israeli intelligence agencies, like the Mossad, the CIA or the British MI6.

One recent example of this is in the former chairman of the Jordanian Writers Union, Fakhri Qi'war, who claimed the Mossad was behind the fatal bombings in Amman in November. Anyone who happened to be in Sinai after the bombings there would have heard locals repeating the claim that Israel was responsible for the atrocities, since "Al-Qaida does not have a terror infrastructure in Sinai." Many even claim that Bin Laden and Zarqawi are fictions of Western intelligence agencies' imagination, created to take the blame for attacks carried out by the CIA. After all, they argue, if this were not the case, they would have been caught long ago.

Other examples are accusations that Israel was behind the assassination of former Lebanese prime minister Rafik Hariri because of his links to Syria, and the claim that the Mossad and the CIA were behind the September 11 attacks on New York and Washington, which, they claim, served American and Israeli interests. In this context, the urban legend that Jewish employees of companies in the Twin Towers were tipped off about the attacks and did not go to work on September 11 is often repeated.

This phenomenon is prevalent among all levels of Arab society, including the educated classes. Among those who subscribe to the theory are officials, such as diplomats, army officers, academics and senior civil servants. After the death of Yasser Arafat, I was asked by one Arab diplomat, "What is the truth?" In other words, did Israel really murder him? And the phenomenon is not limited to the Middle East; it occurs among people of Middle Eastern descent now living in the West. That explains why Muslims living in the United Kingdom blamed Israel for carrying out the London bombings this summer.

What is the reason for the spread of these conspiracy theories, how should we deal with them, and do they affect Israel in any way? The phenomenon has a profound influence on the Arab world - so profound, in fact, that it has created a sort of alternative, parallel reality, perceived by many to be true.

Every conspiracy theory contains two elements: It is connected to a real event, and it aims to explain or interpret reality. In the age of open communication, Internet and the mass availability of information, the power of these conspiracies should have dwindled. But the opposite is true: Improved communications merely give these theories a wider audience. These theories appear to fulfill some psychological need - an explanation of the weakness of the Arab world against Israel and the West. Indeed, these theories are most often promulgated by the weaker side, which is looking for explanations for its weakness. Beyond this, there are extremists who spread these theories in order to harm relations between the U.S. and Israel and the Arab world.

These theories do, indeed, create fear, suspicion and hatred. Such emotions play into the hands of Arab extremists, who reject any compromise with Israel and refuse to improve ties with the West. In fact, these theories undermine Israeli efforts to broker peace deals with its neighbors and deter huge sections of the population in Arab countries from becoming closer to Israel and the West.

These theories cause the most harm to the Arab world itself, since they take responsibility for heinous acts away from the Arabs themselves and place it on outsiders. This is why the Arab world has not carried out the soul-searching that is so overdue. There are very few Arab voices speaking out against the phenomenon. One such voice is that of Qatari commentator and lecturer Dr. Abed al-Hamid al-Ansari, who recently called on the Arab world to stop blaming Israel for all the attacks in the Middle East.

And how should we relate to the phenomenon? First of all, we must be aware of it and understand its extent and its negative effect on the Arab world and on Arab states' relations with Israel and the West. Secondly, we must make our voice louder in the Arab world, just as the Foreign Ministry's Arabic division has done in the two years since its creation. This division has managed to get Israel's point of view into the Arab press and has provided a wide audience in the Arab world with reliable information. This has been achieved thanks to professional, Arabic-speaking staff and an Arabic-language Internet site. Beyond this, we must bear this phenomenon in mind when making decisions that have regional consequences. Many times, our thinking is different from that of our neighbors, and what seems to us to be our natural right could be perceived by the other side as a terrible conspiracy. An awareness of the extent of the phenomenon is an important part of understanding the region and our ability to exist here in peace and prosperity.

The writer is the deputy director of the Foreign Ministry's Jordanian, Syrian and Lebanese division.

Pharoah is offline New Member
    God!! you really have proven my point here!!! me and you have a conversation about Iran (just you and I) and you title this for all the arab musilms!! You've generalised once again! what we may have discussed was between me and you and in no way reflects the opinions of anyone else! you sounded educated from your arguments but i feel dissappointed by the fact that you address this to 'every arab muslim' stating to 'wake up already'!!!! i'm amazed - doesn't fill me with confidence for the future of Palestine/Israel if people like you are gonna be the representation.
    I'm just gonna say one last thing - chill winston! you seem too defensive......and i actually find this thread, the way it is addressed to be a form of racism.
    Later on - i dont think i wanna spare much more of my time discussing this subject with you.
    Take care

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah
    God!! you really have proven my point here!!! me and you have a conversation about Iran (just you and I) and you title this for all the arab musilms!! You've generalised once again! what we may have discussed was between me and you and in no way reflects the opinions of anyone else! you sounded educated from your arguments but i feel dissappointed by the fact that you address this to 'every arab muslim' stating to 'wake up already'!!!! i'm amazed - doesn't fill me with confidence for the future of Palestine/Israel if people like you are gonna be the representation.
    I'm just gonna say one last thing - chill winston! you seem too defensive......and i actually find this thread, the way it is addressed to be a form of racism.
    Later on - i dont think i wanna spare much more of my time discussing this subject with you.
    Take care

Bro,
    This is the Political/Religion/War Form, this and other articles and opinions are posted here on a regular basis.

AIZ posted an article, which according to his post was written by the deputy director of the Foreign Ministry's Jordanian, Syrian and Lebanese division, if you have an opinion or would like to discuss this article, then please do so.

Regardless let's refrain from making this a personal thing.

AIZ
    God!! you really have proven my point here!!! me and you have a conversation about Iran (just you and I) and you title this for all the arab musilms!! You've generalised once again!
    I titled it that way because the article is about the Arab Muslim World. The article doesn't address Christians in Singapore...only the Arab World. Sorry you find it racist and sorry you feel I've generalized...you're wrong about both.

isolatex is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    Guys read well and wake up already!

"When in Doubt, Blame the Mossad"
    how about you wake up and smell the coffee.

when israel is behaving like this what else do you suspect people to belives:

carry out flase flag terror operations(mossad) to blame the terror on others(arabs) :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavon_Affair

steal passports from other countries for use on missions:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3910563.stm

us anger at israeli arms sale :
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/699829.stm

US arrests 200 young Israelis in spying investigation:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...7/ixworld.html

this is an actual website made by people on the USS liberty:
    http://www.ussliberty.com/

" "...the board of inquiry (concluded) that the Israelis knew exactly what they were doing in attacking the Liberty."
    -- CIA Director Richard Helms "

""I was never satisfied with the Israeli explanation. . . . Through diplomatic channels we refused to accept their explanations. I didn't believe them then, and I don't believe them to this day. The attack was outrageous "
    -- US Secretary of State Dean Rusk"

" "The evidence was clear. Both Admiral Kidd and I believed with certainty that this attack...was a deliberate effort to sink an American ship and murder its entire crew.... It was our shared belief. . .that the attack. . .could not possibly have been an accident.... I am certain that the Israeli pilots [and] their superiors. . .were well aware that the ship was American."
    -- Captain Ward Boston, JAGC, US Navy (retired), senior legal counsel to the US Navy Court of Inquiry"

and some other news :

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pa...ID=0&listSrc=Y

http://www.upi.com/inc/view.php?Stor...5-035849-6156r

http://www.rense.com/general30/isis.htm

fact is israel is no freind to the west including america. they just use america and other countries as a suger daddy and when americas money runs dry israel is going to move along to the next sugar daddy and if that second sugar daddy wants to start a war with america israel will be right there supplying the guns and bombs which america helped to pay for and design.

israel is fully capable of attacking and killing anyone in the west if it wants to or needs to. dont assume that israel will every follow international law in the west as long as it can black mail people with the memory of the holocaust and label people as "anti-semites" if they try to stand up against israel criminal behaviour.
    Last edited by isolatex; 01-03-2006 at 09:36 AM.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    how about "israel" is an illegitmate country built on the blood and the destroyed houses of the palestinians? how about "israel" beeing the root of all the problems in the middle east, that why I dont and wont recognize the right of "israel" to exist.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I titled it that way because the article is about the Arab Muslim World. The article doesn't address Christians in Singapore...only the Arab World. Sorry you find it racist and sorry you feel I've generalized...you're wrong about both.
    AIZ why do you mention "Christians in Singapore" ?

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by isolatex
    Well, I wouldn't expect that everytime something happens, the Arab Street is quick to believe that the Mossad had a hand in it. It's ok to take responsibility sometimes. It's ok to look at yourselves and say, "you know what, something is wrong here."

All of the things you mentioned are what every nation does with every nation...that's the game. It's sad but true.

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    AIZ why do you mention "Christians in Singapore" ?
    Just making a point that this article is aimed at the Arab World and not the "Christians in Singapore" or the "Buddhists in Japan"...follow?

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    how about "israel" is an illegitmate country built on the blood and the destroyed houses of the palestinians? how about "israel" beeing the root of all the problems in the middle east, that why I dont and wont recognize the right of "israel" to exist.
    Try reading the article. It's not about Israel's position in your mind. Don't hijack the thread

AIZ
    TO BE CLEAR: stating "wake up already" is not meant as an insult. Rather, its a simple call to realize that the Jews and Israel (Mossad) are not behind every bad act in the region. There is too much blame in the Arab World that is immediately focused on Israel rather than themselves. Example: Hariri. Its ok to realize that Syrians and Lebanese are responsible. Arabs don't need to immediately blame Mossad. That's what was meant by "wake up".

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    TO BE CLEAR: stating "wake up already" is not meant as an insult. Rather, its a simple call to realize that the Jews and Israel (Mossad) are not behind every bad act in the region. There is too much blame in the Arab World that is immediately focused on Israel rather than themselves. Example: Hariri. Its ok to realize that Syrians and Lebanese are responsible. Arabs don't need to immediately blame Mossad. That's what was meant by "wake up".

Well, from what I understand, when it isn't the Mossad, it's the CIA.....

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Hariri was killed my Mossad, I am sure.

And when a group like Mossad, has a slogan that says ""By way of deception thou shalt do war." You better expect them to be deceptive and basically terrorists.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN

And when a group like Mossad, has a slogan that says ""By way of deception thou shalt do war." You better expect them to be deceptive and basically terrorists.
    is that TRUE !!! , they have a slogan that says that ???

Quote Originally Posted by zOaib
    is that TRUE !!! , they have a slogan that says that ???
    No, but that is the unoffical slogan.

AIZ
    That was the whole point of the article. Well, you proved the writer's theory

AIZ
    No, but that is the unoffical slogan.
    The art of intelligence, while protecting a nation...sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by isolatex

when israel is behaving like this what else do you suspect people to belives:

carry out flase flag terror operations(mossad) to blame the terror on others(arabs) :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavon_Affair
    Interesting.

According to historian Shabtai Teveth, who wrote one of the more detailed accounts, the assignment was "To undermine Western confidence in the existing [Egyptian] regime by generating public insecurity and actions to bring about arrests, demonstrations, and acts of revenge, while totally conce****g the Israeli factor. The team was accordingly urged to avoid detection, so that suspicion would fall on the Muslim Brotherhood, the Communists, 'unspecified malcontents' or 'local nationalists'." (Ben-Gurion's Spy, Columbia University Press, 1996, p. 81)

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Take care
    You give yourself too much credit.
    The point AIZ has made, or rather the claim of the article, has been proven here over and over by our Muslim members, be it M'guy, Causasian, and others that are no longer around. I have never seen you here before so I don't know how far back you've been reading this board, but I would like to invite you to have a quick look at past threads and you'll see it yourself.
    I also don't think you know enough about AIZ to call him a racist. Your choice to avoid discussing these issues with him is your loss. He happens to be a very well educated man on these issues and even if you don't find yourself learning from him, you'll at least see a different prespective and analysis on these issues.

AIZ
    According to historian Shabtai Teveth, who wrote one of the more detailed accounts, the assignment was "To undermine Western confidence in the existing [Egyptian] regime by generating public insecurity and actions to bring about arrests, demonstrations, and acts of revenge, while totally conce****g the Israeli factor. The team was accordingly urged to avoid detection, so that suspicion would fall on the Muslim Brotherhood, the Communists, 'unspecified malcontents' or 'local nationalists'." (Ben-Gurion's Spy, Columbia University Press, 1996, p. 81)
    Shall we get started on the Chechen tactics, Egyptian tactics, Lebanese, Syrian, Iranian, Iraqi, Saudi Arabian, Jordanian...all intel agencies are all the same my friend. Don't finger Israel alone

Shall we get started on the Chechen tactics, Egyptian tactics, Lebanese, Syrian, Iranian, Iraqi, Saudi Arabian, Jordanian...all intel agencies are all the same my friend. Don't finger Israel alone
    Well, if Israel can do such a thing as the Lavon affair, what makes you think they cant do the Hariri killing?

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    its very simple a tension happened between some Lebanese factions and Syria after the extension of the Lebanese president period and after the 1559 the CIA/Mossad took advantage of this tension and killed Hariri to set a fire between Lebanon and Syria and to put pressure and Syria.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    ...and the insanity still lives on today....??? There will never be peace in the middle east in my opinion. Glad we took the fight to them this time.

peace,

ttgb

AIZ
    Well, if Israel can do such a thing as the Lavon affair, what makes you think they cant do the Hariri killing?
    The Syrian Vice President admitting it makes me think that...

What makes you think that Syrians and Lebanese aren't responsible? Why always look outward instead of inwards?

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    its very simple a tension happened between some Lebanese factions and Syria after the extension of the Lebanese president period and after the 1559 the CIA/Mossad took advantage of this tension and killed Hariri to set a fire between Lebanon and Syria and to put pressure and Syria.
    I thank Allah that you aren't in an influential position

Thread Information