Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Lebanese government or Hezbullah working with Al-Qaeda?

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/0....0pm2jjra.html

Rockets against Israel "ordered by Bin Laden": Iraqi Al-Qaeda chief
    Jan 09 12:16 AM US/Eastern

Al-Qaeda's leader in Iraq, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, said in an audio tape put onto the Internet that rockets had been fired at Israel from Lebanon last month "on the instructions" of the network's overall chief Osama bin Laden.

"The rocket firing at the ancestors of monkeys and pigs from the south of Lebanon was only the start of a blessed in-depth strike against the Zionist enemy (...). All that was on the instructions of the sheikh of the mujahedeen, Osama bin laden, may God preserve him," said the voice attributed to the Jordanian extremist.

The tape was placed on the site normally used by his group, the Organization of Al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia, which had claimed responsibility for the rockets in an on-line statement on December 29.

"This commendable feat came in application by the mujahedeen of the oath by fighter sheikh Osama bin Laden, emir of the Al-Qaeda network, may God preserve him," added the recording referring to repeated statements by Bin Laden that the Israelis should not enjoy security as long as Muslims were not safe.

Israel the previous day had carried out an air strike against a base of a Syrian-backed Palestinian group on the southern outskirts of Beirut in retaliation for cross-border Katyusha rocket attacks on northern Israel.

Zarqawi also said the guerrillas had carried out nearly 800 operations against "the crusader forces" since the occupation of Iraq, putting "crusader" casualties at around 40,000 soldiers.

"Since the start of mujahedeen operations after the fall of the Baathist regime and until today, nearly 800 martyr operations aimed at crusader targets and military convoys have been carried out (...). We estimate casualties among the adorers of the Cross in Iraq at no less than 40,000 soldiers," he declared.

"That's why they (the Americans) asked for help from the Arab League, represented by its secretary-general Amr Mussa, and called for the Cairo meeting," said Zarqawi, hitting out at member countries that took part in the November meeting dedicated to Iraq under Arab League auspices.

The Iraqi leaders who participated in the Cairo meeting agreed on a "road map" for national conciliation, calling for a calendar for withdrawal of foreign forces and the release of detainees who had not been charged.

Zarqawi hit out at the Sunni Muslim Iraqi Islamic Party for having taken part in the December 15 general elections, and called on it to renounce such actions.

"We call on the Islamic Party to abandon the road to perdition on which it has embarked and which threatened to cause the loss of the Sunni community," Zarqawi said, adding that the party "should have called the people to jihad (holy war)."

The Iraqi Al-Qaeda leader then laid down two conditions for giving up the jihad.

"First, chase out the invaders from our territory in Palestine, in Iraq and everywhere in Islamic land.

"Second, instal sharia (Islamic law) on the entire Earth and spread Islamic justice there (...). The attacks will not cease until after the victory of Islam and the setting up of sharia," he swore.

Zarqawi concluded: "O young Muslims everywhere in the world, and in particular in the neighbouring countries (of Iraq) and in Yemen, I recommend jihad to you (...). O nation of Islam, America is today drawing its last breath."
    Is the Lebanese government or Hezbullah working with Al-Qaeda?

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Militia will answer the question. But there are very interesting parts in this speech. Abu Musab says he doesnt want the US troops to leave. And other parts which I find interesting.

Here is a quote from the same speech -

"I am not in a hurry for Americans to leave for the Mujahideen enjoy slaughtering them.”

AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    It's probably Hezbollah hype/propaganda though anything is possible. As for attacks by al-Qaeda in Israel? Hasn't happened yet (Israeli security is pretty tight).

Did you notice the group is called Al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia? Zarqawi won't even call Iraq...Iraq. It's a colonial name to him. Just as bin Laden won't call Saudi Arabia...Saudi Arabia. He calls it the land of the two holy sites (or mosques)...something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    It's probably Hezbollah hype/propaganda though anything is possible. As for attacks by al-Qaeda in Israel? Hasn't happened yet (Israeli security is pretty tight).

Did you notice the group is called Al-Qaeda in Mesopotamia? Zarqawi won't even call Iraq...Iraq. It's a colonial name to him. Just as bin Laden won't call Saudi Arabia...Saudi Arabia. He calls it the land of the two holy sites (or mosques)...something like that.
    "After days of monitoring and surveillance, ... a lion launched 10 Grad (Russian) missiles ... from the Muslims' lands in Lebanon on selected targets in the northern part of the Jewish state," the statement said. "The brothers had accomplished the attack successfully, exactly as they designed it."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051229/...srael_qaeda_dc

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    "After days of monitoring and surveillance, ... a lion launched 10 Grad (Russian) missiles ... from the Muslims' lands in Lebanon on selected targets in the northern part of the Jewish state," the statement said. "The brothers had accomplished the attack successfully, exactly as they designed it."
    Well,let's finish that quote: "The statement could not be authenticated, but was posted on a main Web site frequently used by Iraqi insurgent groups. It did not give the date of the attack."

Also, I said it was possible that they fired rockets from Lebanon. What I also said was they haven't committed an attack inside Israel (meaning to say homicide attacks, truck bombs, etc). Either way, its not confirmed so lets not jump to conclusions.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned

you dont live in "israel"? ? didnt you hear about the nine katyushas launched from south lebanon on the "israeli" settlers houses from 3 weeks? it destroyed 2 houses there was some injuries.
    "israel" first thought its the palestinian who launched the missiles, so they attacked a palestinian military base.
    then later the Mossad declared that they believe its al qaeda did it , 2 days later hezbollah and the lebanese general security diffused another 6 missles set to launch at night ,and now zarqawi came out with this statement.
    I dont know what al qaeda are up to but IMO they are trying to increase their popularity in the arab and muslim world , because everyone who attack "israel" will gain the sympathy of the arab/muslim people plus binladen asked zarqawi 1 month ago to prepare himself to open a new frontline inside "israel" he want to switch from Iraq to "israel".
    Al qaeda in lebanon is a sensitive issue because befor 9-11 , the lebanese army had a battle with al qaeda members in the north and some lebanese soldiers died in the battle.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Another thing that I thought about was why now?

It seems to me this is just for publicity, to improve the image of Al-Qaeda.

With all of the Iraqi's they are killing they need to do something to improve their image.

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    you dont live in "israel"? ? didnt you hear about the nine katyushas launched from south lebanon on the "israeli" settlers houses from 3 weeks? it destroyed 2 houses there was some injuries.
    "israel" first thought its the palestinian who launched the missiles, so they attacked a palestinian military base.
    then later the Mossad declared that they believe its al qaeda did it , 2 days later hezbollah and the lebanese general security diffused another 6 missles set to launch at night ,and now zarqawi came out with this statement.
    I dont know what al qaeda are up to but IMO they are trying to increase their popularity in the arab and muslim world , because everyone who attack "israel" will gain the sympathy of the arab/muslim people plus binladen asked zarqawi 1 month ago to prepare himself to open a new frontline inside "israel" he want to switch from Iraq to "israel".
    Al qaeda in lebanon is a sensitive issue because befor 9-11 , the lebanese army had a battle with al qaeda members in the north and some lebanese soldiers died in the battle.
    Yes, I live here and of course I know what happened. I said "anything is possible" but I also said that the statement is not confirmed by anyone except Zarqawi.

By the way, "Al-Qaeda" isn't up to anything. These are separate groups known as associated and affiliated groups with al-Qaida. It's not bin Laden's group carrying out the attacks. These are either groups that were trained in Afghanistan under al-Qa'ida and then formed their own groups after training was completed or groups that are motivated by bin Laden's message but have no connection (training, finance) with bin Laden. using the name al-Qaeda has a lot of currency attached to it. It's like "Keyser Soze"..you use the name and people are frightened.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Another thing that I thought about was why now?
    Its pretty simple. The US is probably the weakest it has been in a long time militarly. That is why Iran, Ahmadnejad, and groups like Al Queda are acting up. If the US was at full capacity I am 100% sure Ahmadnejad and the rest would not publically express what they feel. They would hide it.

Chaos in the Middle East in the best interest of Al Queda at this moment, and attacking Israel will give them alot of support. Just that one attack will increase their stock, tremendously.

And there is no way Al Queda will cooperate with Hizbollah. Look at the Shias they are killing in Iraq. That is not a possibility. But I am almost certain the attack on Israel is by Al Queda.

Yes, I live here and of course I know what happened. I said "anything is possible" but I also said that the statement is not confirmed by anyone except Zarqawi.

By the way, "Al-Qaeda" isn't up to anything. These are separate groups known as associated and affiliated groups with al-Qaida. It's not bin Laden's group carrying out the attacks. These are either groups that were trained in Afghanistan under al-Qa'ida and then formed their own groups after training was completed or groups that are motivated by bin Laden's message but have no connection (training, finance) with bin Laden. using the name al-Qaeda has a lot of currency attached to it. It's like "Keyser Soze"..you use the name and people are frightened.
    yes they are up to many things, and the katyushas attack was issued by binladen himself this mean they puting all their weight on planing something against "israel", espacially in this time where there is some kind of a politcal chaos in "israel".
    Last edited by MilitiaGuy; 01-09-2006 at 03:31 PM.

By the way, "Al-Qaeda" isn't up to anything.
    If you think Al Queda isnt always planning big attacks against Israel and Israeli targets your are decieving yourself.

I am sure you remember the Israeli Hotel, and Israeli Plane attacked by Al Queda in Kenya.

Israel has a problem when extremist Shia groups and extremist Sunni groups are out to get it.

AIZ
    Its pretty simple. The US is probably the weakest it has been in a long time militarly.
    What makes you think that? I think that's a bold comment from a visiting foreigner in the U.S. to make. Who are you to comment on the stats of the U.S. Military? What are your credentials? Contrary to media belief: the iraq war is not the doom of the U.S. military...not even close.

That is why Iran, Ahmadnejad, and groups like Al Queda are acting up. If the US was at full capacity I am 100% sure Ahmadnejad and the rest would not publically express what they feel. They would hide it.
    Again, amateur comment. Do you have military experience? You're always "sure" of something yet I don't understand where this "sureness" comes from. American military was at its 100% when 9/11 occurred (that's al-Qaeda acting up...IMO)

Chaos in the Middle East in the best interest of Al Queda at this moment, and attacking Israel will give them alot of support. Just that one attack will increase their stock, tremendously.
    Which attack was that? It is simply unconfirmed. The only one to actually 100% confirm the attack is Zarqawi.

And there is no way Al Queda will cooperate with Hizbollah. Look at the Shias they are killing in Iraq. That is not a possibility. But I am almost certain the attack on Israel is by Al Queda.
    "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" Let's not forget this statement. Hezbollah and al-Qaeda (or whatever they want to call themselves) can most certainly work together.

As for your "certainty" about al-Qaeda attacking Israel. I'll say it again. The only confirmation comes from Zarqawi. That's it so far. Al-Qaeda does not even have the capabilities to attack. I think you are referring to the "affiliate" or "associate" groups of al-Qaeda.

What makes you think that? I think that's a bold comment from a visiting foreigner in the U.S. to make. Who are you to comment on the stats of the U.S. Military? What are your credentials? Contrary to media belief: the iraq war is not the doom of the U.S. military...not even close.
    The US is in no capacity to attack Syria, and Iran. If it does it will fail, anyone with a little knowledge with how the military works would know that.

Again, amateur comment. Do you have military experience? You're always "sure" of something yet I don't understand where this "sureness" comes from. American military was at its 100% when 9/11 occurred (that's al-Qaeda acting up...IMO)
    Yes I have military experience. And its easy to know things when you study the surroundings and the atmosphere. Like stocks, if you study the market, do technical analysis, the patterns, PR, the seasons, etc, you can predict where the stock will end up.

I will also predict that there will be a assassination attempt on Ahmadnejad, from inside the Iranian government. When it happens I will bump this thread up.

I will say it again, the US is easily the strongest military at this time. But is in no shape to take on another country in the region. It is basically impossible.

Which attack was that? It is simply unconfirmed. The only one to actually 100% confirm the attack is Zarqawi.
    Even "rumours" of attacks against Israel will increase Al Queda's stock.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend" Let's not forget this statement. Hezbollah and al-Qaeda (or whatever they want to call themselves) can most certainly work together.

As for your "certainty" about al-Qaeda attacking Israel. I'll say it again. The only confirmation comes from Zarqawi. That's it so far. Al-Qaeda does not even have the capabilities to attack. I think you are referring to the "affiliate" or "associate" groups of al-Qaeda.
    No you dont know Wahhabi's. I know Wahhabi's. They will never work with Shia's. I am almost sure.

Israel is hiding the Al Queda attacks to not generate panic.

AIZ
    The US is in no capacity to attack Syria, and Iran. If it does it will fail, anyone with a little knowledge with how the military works would know that.

Yes I have military experience. And its easy to know things when you study the surroundings and the atmosphere. Like stocks, if you study the market, do technical analysis, the patterns, PR, the seasons, etc, you can predict where the stock will end up.

I will also predict that there will be a assassination attempt on Ahmadnejad, from inside the Iranian government. When it happens I will bump this thread up.

I will say it again, the US is easily the strongest military at this time. But is in no shape to take on another country in the region. It is basically impossible.

Even "rumours" of attacks against Israel will increase Al Queda's stock.

No you dont know Wahhabi's. I know Wahhabi's. They will never work with Shia's. I am almost sure.

Israel is hiding the Al Queda attacks to not generate panic.
    We wouldn't panic, C. We'd expect it.

Logan13 is offline Banned

men

Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    Very noble to attack some civilian housing. What men they must be. I am glad that they are not in the US during Halloween, they would probably steal all the candy from the kids as well.

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    Very noble to attack some civilian housing. What men they must be. I am glad that they are not in the US during Halloween, they would probably steal all the candy from the kids as well.
    And beat up kids and take their milk money

He didnt say it was noble.

Anyway, if the kids threw eggs at them, ste****g their candy would probably be a noble thing to do.

Even though I dont consider settlers who are still coming to "israel" from outside as civilians I am totally against the last attacks of al qaeda on the settlers due to some reasons.

AIZ
    If you think Al Queda isnt always planning big attacks against Israel and Israeli targets your are decieving yourself.

I am sure you remember the Israeli Hotel, and Israeli Plane attacked by Al Queda in Kenya.
    You misunderstood me. When I said "al-Qaeda" isn't up to anything I meant this: the real al-Qaeda, a group that never consisted of more than 200 members, has lost nearly all of its capabilities. Al-Qaeda functioned not so much as the main global jihad group. Rather, you can view them more as a "venture capitalist firm". Individuals or groups seek them out for advice, training, finance, and weaponry. Then those groups recruit their own members. These groups are called affiliated groups. They have had direct contact with Bin Laden's group to receive what I listed above. The other groups, like the ones who did the Madrid train bombings, are called "associated groups". They have no connection (no finance, training, etc) from al-Qaeda. Rather, they function by motivation of al-Qaeda...and of course, they use the name. So, when I said "al-Qaeda" isn't up to anything, I literally meant it b/c the group has been hiding somewhere in Waziristan and their capabilities are limited. Rather, what we are seeing today are the works of the "affiliates" and the "associates". Follow?

Thread Information