Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Muslims....

  1. #1
    Rak_Ani's Avatar
    Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,726

    Muslims....

    Is there some Muslim holiday today?

  2. #2
    AIZ's Avatar
    AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    Is there some Muslim holiday today?
    Why do you ask, my fine, lovely, and gorgeous Israeli princess?

  3. #3
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Not that I am aware off.

  4. #4
    Rak_Ani's Avatar
    Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,726
    Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    Why do you ask, my fine, lovely, and gorgeous Israeli princess?

    1. Keep the compliments coming

    2. I drove through an Arabic town today and it looked like they had some holiday. The road (one main road) was packed with cars, people walking on the road, some kids playing with fireworks, everyone walking towards the same direction (the direction of where the kids with the fireworks were) and all the shops were open at an hour they're usually closed...So I thought there was some holiday.

  5. #5
    Alex2's Avatar
    Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    R these guns registered?!
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    Is there some Muslim holiday today?
    I think they have something tomorrow.

  6. #6
    Rak_Ani's Avatar
    Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex2
    I think they have something tomorrow.

    What?

  7. #7
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex2
    I think they have something tomorrow.
    Yes, Eid-Al-Adha will be tomorrow in the US.

  8. #8
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    The story behind Eid ul-Adha

    Muslims believe that God revealed in a dream to Ibrahim to sacrifice his son Isma’il. Ibrahim and Isma’il set off to Mina for the sacrifice. As they went, the devil attempted to persuade Ibrahim to disobey God and not to sacrifice his beloved son. But Ibrahim stayed true to God, and drove the devil away. As Ibrahim prepared to sacrifice his son, God stopped him and gave him a sheep to sacrifice instead.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_ul-Adha

  9. #9
    AIZ's Avatar
    AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    1. Keep the compliments coming

    2. I drove through an Arabic town today and it looked like they had some holiday. The road (one main road) was packed with cars, people walking on the road, some kids playing with fireworks, everyone walking towards the same direction (the direction of where the kids with the fireworks were) and all the shops were open at an hour they're usually closed...So I thought there was some holiday.
    Nah, probably an Israeli died

  10. #10
    Rak_Ani's Avatar
    Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,726
    Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    Nah, probably an Israeli died

    It was an Israeli Arab town....Not in the territories.

  11. #11
    AIZ's Avatar
    AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    It was an Israeli Arab town....Not in the territories.
    Let's not even get started on that. I wouldn't step foot in Umm el Fahm. All I remember is during the Gulf War as missiles rained on TA, Ramat Gan, and Haifa, Israeli Arabs on video cheering...our own citizens. Moreover, they do consider themselves Palestinian as well...at least the dozens that I've spoken to. Of course, they have no problem cheering for Saddam, calling themselves Palestinians, yet collectng Bituah Leumi every month

    You can see why some don't see the difference between the villages in the territories or in Israel proper.

  12. #12
    Rak_Ani's Avatar
    Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,726
    Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    Let's not even get started on that. I wouldn't step foot in Umm el Fahm. All I remember is during the Gulf War as missiles rained on TA, Ramat Gan, and Haifa, Israeli Arabs on video cheering...our own citizens. Moreover, they do consider themselves Palestinian as well...at least the dozens that I've spoken to. Of course, they have no problem cheering for Saddam, calling themselves Palestinians, yet collectng Bituah Leumi every month

    You can see why some don't see the difference between the villages in the territories or in Israel proper.

    But I wasn't in Um El Fahem. I was somewhere else, and they're all right. I agree some are radical but they are a minority. I know people in the town I was driving through. They view themselves as Israeli. I can also give you more than a few examples of things I experienced and stories I heard about Israeli Arabs showing love to Israel.
    If some feel like they're not Israeli, we only have ourselves to blame for that. We need to invest in them and make them feel a part of our country.

    Did you read about the Muslim guy who wants to become an IDF pilot? It was in Yediot last week.

  13. #13
    AIZ's Avatar
    AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    But I wasn't in Um El Fahem. I was somewhere else, and they're all right. I agree some are radical but they are a minority. I know people in the town I was driving through. They view themselves as Israeli. I can also give you more than a few examples of things I experienced and stories I heard about Israeli Arabs showing love to Israel.
    If some feel like they're not Israeli, we only have ourselves to blame for that. We need to invest in them and make them feel a part of our country.

    Did you read about the Muslim guy who wants to become an IDF pilot? It was in Yediot last week.
    Here's my issue, clean and simple: the Israeli Arabs that I know personally, I like very much. We always enjoy good coffee and great conversation. The problem I have is that, for what I've seen, they are the few among the 1 million in the country.

    I do agree that we shoulder a lot of blame and that we should do more for the betterment of their lives. However, I also think that we need to focus on the numerous Ethiopian citizens we have as well. They ARE FAR MORE DISCRIMINATED against. Personally, I would start there.

    By the way: nice avatar

  14. #14
    Alex2's Avatar
    Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    R these guns registered?!
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    But I wasn't in Um El Fahem. I was somewhere else, and they're all right. I agree some are radical but they are a minority. I know people in the town I was driving through. They view themselves as Israeli. I can also give you more than a few examples of things I experienced and stories I heard about Israeli Arabs showing love to Israel.
    If some feel like they're not Israeli, we only have ourselves to blame for that. We need to invest in them and make them feel a part of our country.

    Did you read about the Muslim guy who wants to become an IDF pilot? It was in Yediot last week.
    His application has been rejected.

  15. #15
    alphaman's Avatar
    alphaman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    The Ron Paul War Room
    Posts
    2,727
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    The story behind Eid ul-Adha

    Muslims believe that God revealed in a dream to Ibrahim to sacrifice his son Isma’il. Ibrahim and Isma’il set off to Mina for the sacrifice. As they went, the devil attempted to persuade Ibrahim to disobey God and not to sacrifice his beloved son. But Ibrahim stayed true to God, and drove the devil away. As Ibrahim prepared to sacrifice his son, God stopped him and gave him a sheep to sacrifice instead.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_ul-Adha

    No, no, no....... It was Issac, not Ishmael.

  16. #16
    zOaib's Avatar
    zOaib is offline VET
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Kingdom Of Heaven !
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    No, no, no....... It was Issac, not Ishmael.
    it was the first born to be sacrificed , and since ishaac was not the first born , then it was Ismaeel !

  17. #17
    Rak_Ani's Avatar
    Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    1,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex2
    His application has been rejected.
    So was my brother's and he's an Israeli Jew.

    Lots of people get rejected by the world's best airforce. Jews, Christians and Muslims too.

    He was sent invitation to volunteer for the paratroopers.

  18. #18
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    No, no, no....... It was Issac, not Ishmael.
    Keep believing that.

  19. #19
    AIZ's Avatar
    AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Keep believing that.

    And vice versa, C. Think about it...Islam's advent is around 622 or later yet you claim the ancient (yet still practiced) beliefs about Isaac which occurred 2000 years previously are simply false and Islam is right. You can see why the whole "no it wasn't Isaac it was Ishmael" debate is a problem.

  20. #20
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    And vice versa, C. Think about it...Islam's advent is around 622 or later yet you claim the ancient (yet still practiced) beliefs about Isaac which occurred 2000 years previously are simply false and Islam is right. You can see why the whole "no it wasn't Isaac it was Ishmael" debate is a problem.
    Do you belive Abraham (PBUH) had two sons?

  21. #21
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Ok, I will answer it. Abraham (PBUH) had two sons.

    Ishmael was 13 years older than Isaac. Ishmael was the first born.

    In the Bible it says GOD ordered Abraham (PBUH) to sacrifice his only son and in another version his firstborn.

    Ishmael was the first born.

    Gen 22:2

    And he said, Take now thy son, thine only [son] Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

    GOD asked Abraham (PBUH) to sacrafice his ONLY son. If he had two sons, it could not be "only". The only way it can be "only", is if Abraham (PBUH) had one son. And that would have to be Ishmael.

    Yet the Bible puts the name Issac right after. Either thorough corruption or jealously or something.

  22. #22
    isolatex is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Ok, I will answer it. Abraham (PBUH) had two sons.

    Ishmael was 13 years older than Isaac. Ishmael was the first born.

    In the Bible it says GOD ordered Abraham (PBUH) to sacrifice his only son and in another version his firstborn.

    Ishmael was the first born.

    Gen 22:2

    And he said, Take now thy son, thine only [son] Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

    GOD asked Abraham (PBUH) to sacrafice his ONLY son. If he had two sons, it could not be "only". The only way it can be "only", is if Abraham (PBUH) had one son. And that would have to be Ishmael.

    Yet the Bible puts the name Issac right after. Either thorough corruption or jealously or something.
    exactly this is why muslims stop following the torah and bible becuase they belive that they where modifyed and that the quran is the final book which was sent to correct the mistakes of the books before it(torah and bible)

  23. #23
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Before anyone says Ishmael wasnt a "son".

    Here is a verse -

    Genesis 25:8

    And his sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah, in the field of Ephron the son of Zohar the Hittite, which [is] before Mamre;

    Clearly there is a big problem in the Bible on this situation.

  24. #24
    AIZ's Avatar
    AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    3,093
    Who doubts Ishamel was not a son of Abraham? We just see things and understand things differently.

  25. #25
    CAUSASIAN's Avatar
    CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chechnya
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    Who doubts Ishamel was not a son of Abraham? We just see things and understand things differently.
    I have heard that argument before about Ishmael not being a "son", because he was concieved by Hagar.

    How can we see things differently? I am using Genesis. Which isnt a Muslim book.

  26. #26
    Warrior's Avatar
    Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    6'0"/248lbs
    Posts
    7,129
    It's Eids - In the Gulf they seem to celebrate this one more than the one after Ramadan...

  27. #27
    AIZ's Avatar
    AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    I have heard that argument before about Ishmael not being a "son", because he was concieved by Hagar.

    How can we see things differently? I am using Genesis. Which isnt a Muslim book.
    Meaning the way in which we interpret the two sons, their importance, etc.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •