Thread: Muslims....

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion

Muslims....

Is there some Muslim holiday today?

AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    Why do you ask, my fine, lovely, and gorgeous Israeli princess?

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Not that I am aware off.

Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    Why do you ask, my fine, lovely, and gorgeous Israeli princess?

1. Keep the compliments coming

2. I drove through an Arabic town today and it looked like they had some holiday. The road (one main road) was packed with cars, people walking on the road, some kids playing with fireworks, everyone walking towards the same direction (the direction of where the kids with the fireworks were) and all the shops were open at an hour they're usually closed...So I thought there was some holiday.

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    I think they have something tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2

What?

Yes, Eid-Al-Adha will be tomorrow in the US.

The story behind Eid ul-Adha

Muslims believe that God revealed in a dream to Ibrahim to sacrifice his son Isma’il. Ibrahim and Isma’il set off to Mina for the sacrifice. As they went, the devil attempted to persuade Ibrahim to disobey God and not to sacrifice his beloved son. But Ibrahim stayed true to God, and drove the devil away. As Ibrahim prepared to sacrifice his son, God stopped him and gave him a sheep to sacrifice instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_ul-Adha

AIZ
    1. Keep the compliments coming

2. I drove through an Arabic town today and it looked like they had some holiday. The road (one main road) was packed with cars, people walking on the road, some kids playing with fireworks, everyone walking towards the same direction (the direction of where the kids with the fireworks were) and all the shops were open at an hour they're usually closed...So I thought there was some holiday.
    Nah, probably an Israeli died

Nah, probably an Israeli died

It was an Israeli Arab town....Not in the territories.

AIZ
    It was an Israeli Arab town....Not in the territories.
    Let's not even get started on that. I wouldn't step foot in Umm el Fahm. All I remember is during the Gulf War as missiles rained on TA, Ramat Gan, and Haifa, Israeli Arabs on video cheering...our own citizens. Moreover, they do consider themselves Palestinian as well...at least the dozens that I've spoken to. Of course, they have no problem cheering for Saddam, calling themselves Palestinians, yet collectng Bituah Leumi every month

You can see why some don't see the difference between the villages in the territories or in Israel proper.

Let's not even get started on that. I wouldn't step foot in Umm el Fahm. All I remember is during the Gulf War as missiles rained on TA, Ramat Gan, and Haifa, Israeli Arabs on video cheering...our own citizens. Moreover, they do consider themselves Palestinian as well...at least the dozens that I've spoken to. Of course, they have no problem cheering for Saddam, calling themselves Palestinians, yet collectng Bituah Leumi every month

You can see why some don't see the difference between the villages in the territories or in Israel proper.

But I wasn't in Um El Fahem. I was somewhere else, and they're all right. I agree some are radical but they are a minority. I know people in the town I was driving through. They view themselves as Israeli. I can also give you more than a few examples of things I experienced and stories I heard about Israeli Arabs showing love to Israel.
    If some feel like they're not Israeli, we only have ourselves to blame for that. We need to invest in them and make them feel a part of our country.

Did you read about the Muslim guy who wants to become an IDF pilot? It was in Yediot last week.

AIZ
    But I wasn't in Um El Fahem. I was somewhere else, and they're all right. I agree some are radical but they are a minority. I know people in the town I was driving through. They view themselves as Israeli. I can also give you more than a few examples of things I experienced and stories I heard about Israeli Arabs showing love to Israel.
    If some feel like they're not Israeli, we only have ourselves to blame for that. We need to invest in them and make them feel a part of our country.

Did you read about the Muslim guy who wants to become an IDF pilot? It was in Yediot last week.
    Here's my issue, clean and simple: the Israeli Arabs that I know personally, I like very much. We always enjoy good coffee and great conversation. The problem I have is that, for what I've seen, they are the few among the 1 million in the country.

I do agree that we shoulder a lot of blame and that we should do more for the betterment of their lives. However, I also think that we need to focus on the numerous Ethiopian citizens we have as well. They ARE FAR MORE DISCRIMINATED against. Personally, I would start there.

By the way: nice avatar

Alex2 is offline Senior Member

His application has been rejected.

alphaman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    The story behind Eid ul-Adha

Muslims believe that God revealed in a dream to Ibrahim to sacrifice his son Isma’il. Ibrahim and Isma’il set off to Mina for the sacrifice. As they went, the devil attempted to persuade Ibrahim to disobey God and not to sacrifice his beloved son. But Ibrahim stayed true to God, and drove the devil away. As Ibrahim prepared to sacrifice his son, God stopped him and gave him a sheep to sacrifice instead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_ul-Adha

No, no, no....... It was Issac, not Ishmael.

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    it was the first born to be sacrificed , and since ishaac was not the first born , then it was Ismaeel !

His application has been rejected.
    So was my brother's and he's an Israeli Jew.

Lots of people get rejected by the world's best airforce. Jews, Christians and Muslims too.

He was sent invitation to volunteer for the paratroopers.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaman
    Keep believing that.

AIZ
    Keep believing that.

And vice versa, C. Think about it...Islam's advent is around 622 or later yet you claim the ancient (yet still practiced) beliefs about Isaac which occurred 2000 years previously are simply false and Islam is right. You can see why the whole "no it wasn't Isaac it was Ishmael" debate is a problem.

And vice versa, C. Think about it...Islam's advent is around 622 or later yet you claim the ancient (yet still practiced) beliefs about Isaac which occurred 2000 years previously are simply false and Islam is right. You can see why the whole "no it wasn't Isaac it was Ishmael" debate is a problem.
    Do you belive Abraham (PBUH) had two sons?

Ok, I will answer it. Abraham (PBUH) had two sons.

Ishmael was 13 years older than Isaac. Ishmael was the first born.

In the Bible it says GOD ordered Abraham (PBUH) to sacrifice his only son and in another version his firstborn.

Ishmael was the first born.

Gen 22:2

And he said, Take now thy son, thine only [son] Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

GOD asked Abraham (PBUH) to sacrafice his ONLY son. If he had two sons, it could not be "only". The only way it can be "only", is if Abraham (PBUH) had one son. And that would have to be Ishmael.

Yet the Bible puts the name Issac right after. Either thorough corruption or jealously or something.

isolatex is offline Junior Member
    Ok, I will answer it. Abraham (PBUH) had two sons.

Ishmael was 13 years older than Isaac. Ishmael was the first born.

In the Bible it says GOD ordered Abraham (PBUH) to sacrifice his only son and in another version his firstborn.

Ishmael was the first born.

Gen 22:2

And he said, Take now thy son, thine only [son] Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

GOD asked Abraham (PBUH) to sacrafice his ONLY son. If he had two sons, it could not be "only". The only way it can be "only", is if Abraham (PBUH) had one son. And that would have to be Ishmael.

Yet the Bible puts the name Issac right after. Either thorough corruption or jealously or something.
    exactly this is why muslims stop following the torah and bible becuase they belive that they where modifyed and that the quran is the final book which was sent to correct the mistakes of the books before it(torah and bible)

Before anyone says Ishmael wasnt a "son".

Here is a verse -

Genesis 25:8

And his sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah, in the field of Ephron the son of Zohar the Hittite, which [is] before Mamre;

Clearly there is a big problem in the Bible on this situation.

AIZ
    Who doubts Ishamel was not a son of Abraham? We just see things and understand things differently.

Who doubts Ishamel was not a son of Abraham? We just see things and understand things differently.
    I have heard that argument before about Ishmael not being a "son", because he was concieved by Hagar.

How can we see things differently? I am using Genesis. Which isnt a Muslim book.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It's Eids - In the Gulf they seem to celebrate this one more than the one after Ramadan...

AIZ
    I have heard that argument before about Ishmael not being a "son", because he was concieved by Hagar.

How can we see things differently? I am using Genesis. Which isnt a Muslim book.
    Meaning the way in which we interpret the two sons, their importance, etc.

Thread Information