Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member

Insurgents take out allied camp (video)

LOL nobody cares that the insurgents had enough strength to take out a platoon strength FOB ?

guys, your not going to see this on CNN

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    All I saw was a fire and one dead soldier... how do you know they took out a Platoon? when did this happen? where did it happen? hell that may have been an abondoned camp and a iraqi soldier posing as a dead ally for all you can see in the video. sorry but IMO it doesn't prove shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    All I saw was a fire and one dead soldier... how do you know they took out a Platoon? when did this happen? where did it happen? hell that may have been an abondoned camp and a iraqi soldier posing as a dead ally for all you can see in the video. sorry but IMO it doesn't prove shit.
    abandoned? what? and they just left all their equipment there?

if it were abandoned, they would be performing a "bug out", taking all their $hit with them, and not leaving anything behind.

even in that situation, why would they need to bug out? why couldnt they call for QRF if they were in trouble?

but fair enough, i see your point
    and btw, it looks like the dead soldier was part of the Iraqi Security Force, not American

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    I tried to watch it when you first posted it, but it doesnt work for me.

CAUSASIAN - make sure you have the most recent windows media update

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I don't see any evidence of a camp having been over run. Its my experience in Lebanon that when the Hezbollah have overrun an SLA/IDF compound (case) the whole attack would be filmed and released in whole.

If it was an American base I'd expect to see the Americans to be bombing the base, not Iraqi freedom fighters roaming freely about.

As for equipment left behind. That would be normal SOP's. To leave behind booby trapped bounty!.

that was just it, this was obviously shot after the combat had been finished. The fact that they could easily roam about the compound without any obvious fear of resistance, to me, signify's that there arent any enemy forces left in the area

The fact is, Allied forces want the big battles to erupt in Iraq. The amount of energy which is spent on finding & arresting terrorists/war criminals is far more costlier than the performance of battle drills which the soldiers both train for and are modernly equipped to deal with. If they had prior intelligence of a comming attack, they logically could have called for QRF - If they were attacked by suprise, than the only response would be a Stand Too - running away logically would have routed them into cut-off teams.

Thread Information