Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member

Suicide Terror saved Zionism

A buddy of mine came across this opinion editorial. I think its worth a read

How the suicide bomber saved Zionism

By Bradley Burston

It has been suggested that suicide bombings were a total failure. Maybe not.

True, as far as its stated objectives were concerned, the people who invented suicide bombing accomplished nothing.

They had hoped to see Israel, to paraphrase Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah, collapse as weakly as a spider's web under pressure. They had advertised the suicide bomber to crowds in Jenin and Jabalya as the sole Palestinian defense against attacks by U.S.-made IDF weaponry. They had argued that the shahid salvaged Palestinian honor.

All they managed to salvage, in the end, was Zionism.

Members of the secular left suddenly imagined themselves to have become citizens of the world, shackled no longer by tradition, parochialism, patriotism. Ultra-orthodox in their non-conventionality, cool to the point of anesthesia, their antipathy to Zionism bordered on the physical.

The very mention of Zionism had become a joke. The Hebrew words Tzionut [Zionism] and Tziniut [cynicism] had become interchangeable.

The religious right steamed down the opposite path. Betrayed by Oslo and Yitzhak Rabin, the very man who had brought them Greater Israel in 1967, many on the right plunged into a mindset that implied that settlements were the only genuine Zionism, and that Israel had been better off when the world had kept the whole country in diplomatic quarantine in the 1970s and 80s

As Palestinian armed groups vied with one another for the title of most vicious, least scrupulous, most likely to kill innocents - as terror gangs turned Palestine into Columbine by teaching children to worship weaponry and the death it manufactures - an unfamiliar sensation was felt across Israel. Unity. A renewed sense of mutual responsibility. A return to caring for one's neighbor, and for the stranger in distress.

In this place, where the banality of violence and the venality of leadership have rendered shock as rare as awe, suicide bombings shook Israelis back into caring about Israel.

For the first time in decades, a genuine consensus was felt in this country, a mass movement of the heart, identifiable not by the colors red, orange, or yellow, neither by round spectacles or head-coverings, dismissible neither by ethnic, religious nor class categorization.

For my Palestinian friends, this word:

At this point you hardly need to be told that suicidal policies are, well, self-destructive. But it might be prove instructive to see the effect that the last suicide bombing of 2005 had on this country.

It was Hanukkah, and a young IDF officer stood between a young Jihadist and the celebrating children next to whom the bomber planned to detonate his 33 pounds of explosives.

The day after the bomber hit the detonator at that last-minute checkpoint, killing himself, the officer, a Palestinian taxi driver, and another Palestinian, the headlines in Israel referred to the slain second lieutenant Binamo by his first name only, as if his loss was felt by nearly every household in Israel. Because it was.

This is the lesson that Palestinians would be well advised to learn about the people on this side:

You have made a new kind of martyr hero in the Holy Land, the kind who keeps the shahid from making Jewish infants and Jewish mothers into martyrs against their will.

You have demolished your cause by restoring our faith in the concept that there are those who believe strongly in the elimination of the Jewish people by violent means.

You may believe that you invented steadfastness and stubbornness. Think again.

Now is the time to decide. Hamas listens to public opinion. Make it known. You have a choice. You can play with your guns, or you can have a country.

There is a new kind of Israel, a better one, in fact, for which, perversion of perversions, we have the suicide bomber to thank.

This Israel will be harder to defeat that the enemy you faced five years ago. You have only yourselves to thank. You and your bomber.

kis55 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AIZ

By Bradley Burston

It has been suggested that suicide bombings were a total failure. Maybe not.

True, as far as its stated objectives were concerned, the people who invented suicide bombing accomplished nothing.

They had hoped to see Israel, to paraphrase Hezbollah chief Hassan Nasrallah, collapse as weakly as a spider's web under pressure. They had advertised the suicide bomber to crowds in Jenin and Jabalya as the sole Palestinian defense against attacks by U.S.-made IDF weaponry. They had argued that the shahid salvaged Palestinian honor.

All they managed to salvage, in the end, was Zionism.

Members of the secular left suddenly imagined themselves to have become citizens of the world, shackled no longer by tradition, parochialism, patriotism. Ultra-orthodox in their non-conventionality, cool to the point of anesthesia, their antipathy to Zionism bordered on the physical.

The very mention of Zionism had become a joke. The Hebrew words Tzionut [Zionism] and Tziniut [cynicism] had become interchangeable.

The religious right steamed down the opposite path. Betrayed by Oslo and Yitzhak Rabin, the very man who had brought them Greater Israel in 1967, many on the right plunged into a mindset that implied that settlements were the only genuine Zionism, and that Israel had been better off when the world had kept the whole country in diplomatic quarantine in the 1970s and 80s

As Palestinian armed groups vied with one another for the title of most vicious, least scrupulous, most likely to kill innocents - as terror gangs turned Palestine into Columbine by teaching children to worship weaponry and the death it manufactures - an unfamiliar sensation was felt across Israel. Unity. A renewed sense of mutual responsibility. A return to caring for one's neighbor, and for the stranger in distress.

In this place, where the banality of violence and the venality of leadership have rendered shock as rare as awe, suicide bombings shook Israelis back into caring about Israel.

For the first time in decades, a genuine consensus was felt in this country, a mass movement of the heart, identifiable not by the colors red, orange, or yellow, neither by round spectacles or head-coverings, dismissible neither by ethnic, religious nor class categorization.

For my Palestinian friends, this word:

At this point you hardly need to be told that suicidal policies are, well, self-destructive. But it might be prove instructive to see the effect that the last suicide bombing of 2005 had on this country.

It was Hanukkah, and a young IDF officer stood between a young Jihadist and the celebrating children next to whom the bomber planned to detonate his 33 pounds of explosives.

The day after the bomber hit the detonator at that last-minute checkpoint, killing himself, the officer, a Palestinian taxi driver, and another Palestinian, the headlines in Israel referred to the slain second lieutenant Binamo by his first name only, as if his loss was felt by nearly every household in Israel. Because it was.

This is the lesson that Palestinians would be well advised to learn about the people on this side:

You have made a new kind of martyr hero in the Holy Land, the kind who keeps the shahid from making Jewish infants and Jewish mothers into martyrs against their will.

You have demolished your cause by restoring our faith in the concept that there are those who believe strongly in the elimination of the Jewish people by violent means.

You may believe that you invented steadfastness and stubbornness. Think again.

Now is the time to decide. Hamas listens to public opinion. Make it known. You have a choice. You can play with your guns, or you can have a country.

There is a new kind of Israel, a better one, in fact, for which, perversion of perversions, we have the suicide bomber to thank.

This Israel will be harder to defeat that the enemy you faced five years ago. You have only yourselves to thank. You and your bomber.
    I read this yesterday in Haaretz. Interesting indeed.

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by kis55
    I read this yesterday in Haaretz. Interesting indeed.

Yes, it was found in both the "left wing" and "right wing" news papers.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Israel = Paper Tiger

kis55 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
    Israel = Paper Tiger
    Last I checked, they are 5 to 0, 1948, 1953 (Sinai campaign), 1967, 1973, and 1982. Meanwhile, they've liberated Jerusalem (the same Jerusalem promised to them in the Koran) and opened it up for all religions to worship.

Real paper tiger.

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Last I checked, they are 5 to 0, 1948, 1953 (Sinai campaign), 1967, 1973, and 1982. Meanwhile, they've liberated Jerusalem (the same Jerusalem promised to them in the Koran) and opened it up for all religions to worship.

Real paper tiger.
    Israel is a paper tiger, those 5 wars were against weak, inefficient, incapable generals and armies. When an army with belief and will came and fought Israel which is Hizbollah, Israel ran away like little girls, by bringing their boys back home.

Everything about Israel is overrated. Israel is one of the most well marketed countries in the world. They are so good, that they have even convienced Arabs and Muslims that they cannot be beaten militarily.

That is all lies. Israel's accomplishments are overated, their economy is overrate, their intelligence services is overrated, their army is overrated, the country in general is overrated.

Israel had a nice stint, but I dont see it lasting at the current capacity or state for much longer. I give it about 80 years.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    That is all lies. Israel's accomplishments are overated, their economy is overrate, their intelligence services is overrated, their army is overrated, the country in general is overrated.
    you may have to correct "country" and replace it with entity

AIZ
    Israel = Paper Tiger

Chechens = terrorists

AIZ

Real paper tiger.
    It's amazing that we are called a paper tiger when the wars have been 5 against 1, 3 against 1, and so on. Yup, must be a special type of paper that doesn't tear

It's amazing that we are called a paper tiger when the wars have been 5 against 1, 3 against 1, and so on. Yup, must be a special type of paper that doesn't tear
    It teared in 100 peices in south Lebanon in 2000 did you forget

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    It teared in 100 peices in south Lebanon in 2000 did you forget

According to your whacked mentality, sure.

And the Hezbollah VS Israel was not one of Israel's "major wars" that is included in the Arab-Israeli Conflict

According to your whacked mentality, sure.

And the Hezbollah VS Israel was not one of Israel's "major wars" that is included in the Arab-Israeli Conflict
    there is a video in the lebanese market now called " the 'israeli' defeat in south lebanon in the words of its generals and politicians" when I have enough money I will send it to bouncer then he can send it to you.

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    there is a video in the lebanese market now called " the 'israeli' defeat in south lebanon in the words of its generals and politicians" when I have enough money I will send it to bouncer then he can send it to you.

Did Nasrallah give it to you personally or is it part of your Hezbollah membership package?

isolatex is offline Junior Member

i disagree with this article fully.

what saved zionism was american christian fundamentalists who will tear there country apart to save israel becuase they belive they(jews) are god chosen people and that(israel) is the chosen land.

also groups such as :

zionist orginisation of america
    &
    AIPAC

have also had an iron grip on american middle eastern politics infact every desision made regarding the middle east is made pro-israeli becuase of them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/cta/pr..._with07may.ram

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by isolatex

what saved zionism was american christian fundamentalists who will tear there country apart to save israel becuase they belive they(jews) are god chosen people and that(israel) is the chosen land.

also groups such as :

&
    AIPAC

have also had an iron grip on american middle eastern politics infact every desision made regarding the middle east is made pro-israeli becuase of them.

While those organizations are very close with Israel, it ultimately comes down to Israelis. To leave Israelis out of the equation is strange. We are not mind-controlled by outsiders. We choose, we believe, and we live the life. I tell you as someone who lives here; I think we know better than BBC or FOXnews.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    who say the Israeli army is powerfull? they are a capable MOTIVATED small well equiped modern force.

their power comes in the fact that their soldier are well trained and motivated, unlike "Ahmed" who got kicked in the ass up in a GAZ truck and send to the front for what?

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by isolatex

also groups such as :

&
    AIPAC

yeah they help!

but put yourself in an Israeli's mind, where you are at constant attack, since decaded you are at "war", patriotism will boost, your idea of the state of Israel will also boost.

AIZ
    Sorry guys, the truth is that we decide on our future, we decide on our Zionism. If we have support then great. Either way, Zionism is not in existence because AIPAC wants it to be. It exists because we believe it does.

Thread Information