Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Is environmentalists doing more harm than good??

I used to realy like organisations like greenpeace and similar and realy thought they where doing some good in this world.

But the more I think about it the more I realise they are just a bunch of attention craving, nutcases that are anti technology, anti progress and anti everything. Misfits that have some fantasy about a world where everyone lives like 17th century farmers, or better yet, as some kind of primitive tree hugging tribe, minus the famines, sickness, poverty and opression offcourse.
    They also intentionaly forget that ancient tribal people are directly responsible for the exctinction of a butload of animals. Living in harmony with nature my ass.

They just can not be reasoned with. The fanatic anti nuclear campaigns for instance is the ultimate sign of environmentalist shooting themself in the foot and sacrificing the environment. I bet they would rather se the earth covered in smog from coal power plants than to admit that nuclear power is a safe and clean option.

The good things they do is totaly overshadowed by idiocity like that. Now that wouldnt be so bad if they didnt have a knack for convincing the regular people that they have resemblance of common sense. So people acctualy belive the vile crap they spread around.

Does anyone else her agree that the environmentalist movements are doing alot more harm than good to both society and the environment??

like this for instance

EFN started growing in 1996 around Bruno Comby (author of 8 books on healthy living, and environmentalism) after the publication of his book "Environmentalists For Nuclear Energy" and his participation in a number of TV debates on the subject, in which he was opposed to Thilo Bode, the Executive Director of GreenPeace International, and to other anti-nuclear organizations. Bruno Comby's communication about the environmental benefits of nuclear energy for the environment resulted in threats, anonymous phone calls and indirect attacks. He was made the object of insults which were not always of a peaceful nature, rather surprising coming from individuals and groups whose anti-nuclear views are based in their professed concern for peace. The positive side of the story is that people gathered around Bruno Comby to defend and promote his point of view and to create EFN, an international association to promote nuclear energy for a better and cleaner planet in a calm and rational manner.

this is a excelent quote
    Now observe that in all the propaganda of the ecologists—amidst all their appeals to nature and pleas for "harmony with nature"—there is no discussion of man's needs and the requirements of his survival. Man is treated as if he were an unnatural phenomenon. Man cannot survive in the kind of state of nature that the ecologists envision—i.e., on the level of sea urchins or polar bears. . . . In order to survive, man has to discover and produce everything he needs, which means that he has to alter his background and adapt it to his needs. Nature has not equipped him for adapting himself to his background in the manner of animals. From the most primitive cultures to the most advanced civilizations, man has had to manufacture things; his well-being depends on his success at production. The lowest human tribe cannot survive without that alleged source of pollution: fire. It is not merely symbolic that fire was the property of the gods which Prometheus brought to man. The ecologists are the new vultures swarming to extinguish that fire. — AYN RAND 1
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 01-14-2006 at 04:29 AM.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    go on to fitness geared or World class bodybuilding and talk to "Got Gear"

His uncle was mutilated and died because some tree huggers put a metal stick in a tree, when his chainsaw hit the stick, the chain broke down and hit him.

damn thats both sad and extremely ****ed up

Thread Information