Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

The War on Terrorism: a flippin' joke

Have you noticed that terrorist acts world wide have tripled since the Bush Admin has started this crusade? Also, for every terrorist killed, how many are out there, ready to replace them? 2, 4, 6..? How many Iraqi citizens have died? As many as 100,000! The Bush Admin is nothing more than a gang! Bullies. Terrorist bomb us, so the Bush Gang says, "OK, we going to show you who the real killers are!" Instead of goin and finding the guilty ones, we bomb innocent people, try to murder Saddam for having chemical weapons the US gave him to attack Iran. What a waste of human life and billions of dollars that could be used here to help Americans.

For those who call me unpatriotic, my reply is:

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." ~Dom Helder Camara

"W"

AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    It's understandable why one would feel this way. It's easier to "F%^K it, we tried...enough is enough". Everyone needs to stay strong and resolute. It's a neverending war but one that needs to be fought. What's the alternative?

About terror attacks increasing: Nations fighting terrorist are trying to put them out of business. Clearly, this was going to be their reaction. Just remember, the U.S. is not to blame for terrorism...the terrorists are

Logan13 is offline Banned

solutions

Quote Originally Posted by doctorherb
    Have you noticed that terrorist acts world wide have tripled since the Bush Admin has started this crusade? Also, for every terrorist killed, how many are out there, ready to replace them? 2, 4, 6..? How many Iraqi citizens have died? As many as 100,000! The Bush Admin is nothing more than a gang! Bullies. Terrorist bomb us, so the Bush Gang says, "OK, we going to show you who the real killers are!" Instead of goin and finding the guilty ones, we bomb innocent people, try to murder Saddam for having chemical weapons the US gave him to attack Iran. What a waste of human life and billions of dollars that could be used here to help Americans.

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." ~Dom Helder Camara

"W"
    Not unpatriotic, just uninformed. I have never once read any suggestions out of you as to how to do anything better. Wringing your hands and complaining about everything down party lines will help no-one.

so do you feel the war is a success? Maybe it's YOU who's misinformed. As far as my suggestions, remove the Bush gang from office. If it was up to me, Bush would be a sniper victim, like many of the youth he's sent to fight his war with a not-so-hidden agenda.

now I understand.

so do you feel the war is a success? Maybe it's YOU who's misinformed. As far as my suggestions, remove the Bush gang from office. If it was up to me, Bush would be a sniper victim, like many of the youth he's sent to fight his war with a not-so-hidden agenda.
    You have totally lost any legitamacy that you might have had with such a statement doctorherb, I think that you have been smoking too much of your own herb..........

"Answer not a fool according to his folly, let thou also be like unto him." (Proverbs 23:6)
    Last edited by Logan13; 01-24-2006 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    You have totally lost any legitamacy that you might have had with such a statement doctorherb, I think that you have been smoking too much of your own herb..........

"Answer not a fool according to his folly, let thou also be like unto him." (Proverbs 23:6)

Answer not a fool, eh??? What do you call your response then? You contradict yourself lil dude!

*waiting for another response from Mrs. One-Up*

Semantics

Answer not a fool, eh??? What do you call your response then? You contradict yourself lil dude!

*waiting for another response from Mrs. One-Up*
    SEMANTICS...........

SEMANTICS...........
    LMAO...your so predictable

AIZ
    If you rely on the profit-concerned mass media outlets such as CNN, Fox News, and the like, then NO, the war is not a success. If you gather your information from academic and research sites that are non-profit organizations, then YES, the Iraq War is far more positive than it is negative. Sorry my friend, but to think the Iraq War is a failure is to be duped by the media. To offer the U.S. president as a "sniper victim" is just plain ignorant. If you only realized how bad Clinton made things due to his "inaction" during office you might realize the Clinton legacy left for Bush. Why did al-Qa'ida grow...Clinton chose not to do anything. Bush (well, U.S. military, coalition forces, NATO) have been very successful against jihadists worldwide

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned

"W"
    Yes, very true.

Its called scare tactics. 3000 civilians killed in the US, so attack Afganistan and Iraq and kill 100,000 civilians.

For example the recent terror attacks in London, 50 killed. That is nothing, more people die in traffic accidents. They made it such a huge deal, like the world would end. Sure its horrible and wrong. But dont overplay these types of attacks. It helps terrorists in propaganda purposes, and scares the public. Which is what governments want.

I am sure the US wants Osama Bin Laden around, and doesnt want him dead, so that they can continue a "War on Terror", because without him many people would say the war is over. So that is why they keep telling people, "its more than Bin Laden", as an insurance policy in case he dies.

In the first gulf war, Saddam could have been taken out, but they kept him too, for their future benefit.

Its all a evil scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    Bush (well, U.S. military, coalition forces, NATO) have been very successful against jihadists worldwide

hilarious...

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Waging a war on terrors seems alot like a elephant attacking a ant hill. In the long run it sure wont do much good.

Way to much money beeing wasted on a threat that isnt that great. Just try to make sure the nutcases dont get ahold of nuclear or chemical weapons.

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    Ur not very smart! If someone drove a car into your garage and killed 2 people u love would u just sit there and take it? I bet u would prob go take care of your problem right? U would be a little mad! What is ur plan after 9/11? Please explain.

BTW everybody that had died in iraq died for a purpse! They signed up 4 the army! There is no draft! Over half the people in iraq signed up after this started! They are patriotic! U r not! Im sorry

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    this is in reference to doctorherb

CAUSASIAN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer12
    Ur not very smart! If someone drove a car into your garage and killed 2 people u love would u just sit there and take it? I bet u would prob go take care of your problem right? U would be a little mad! What is ur plan after 9/11? Please explain.
    I am not him, but its a simple solution.

I would kill the people that drove the car that killed 2 people I love, I wouldnt attack the whole town because of it.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer12
    Ur not very smart! If someone drove a car into your garage and killed 2 people u love would u just sit there and take it?
    Im not doc...
    But that isnt a good example. Because in your example there is one clear guilty person that should be punished.

How does 9/11 tie into the iraq war. Its like a person in your example not only punishes the driver of the car, but also the drivers family, his neighboors and the car manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Im not doc...
    But that isnt a good example. Because in your example there is one clear guilty person that should be punished.

How does 9/11 tie into the iraq war. Its like a person in your example not only punishes the driver of the car, but also the drivers family, his neighboors and the car manufacturer.

what he said...

Pharoah is offline New Member
    Doctorherb - Finally!!! someone that i can relate to. what you said originally on this subject is exactly how i feel about the situation. Its frustrating that today, so many people are oblivious to the simple fact that the bush administration has done nothing good for the world in nearly every aspect. It seems that a human life has different values. and american life, apparently is worth 10 or so afghahi's, iraqi's or anyone for that matter. I was in florida during bush's re-election and really felt let down to think that such a dumbass can be deemed the ruler of the modern world. FOR THE SECOND TIME!!! Clearly what has been done here is scaremongering tactics in the sense that it was a small group of uneducated, misguided d i ck heads who carried out such attrocities as 9/11 and other such things, have been cast as a threat to the world as we see it. Yet it is not only a nation but a whole race that is blamed for the actions of so few. Ofcourse, these minorities do need to be weeded out and destroyed but there are ways of going about it. i for one know, that violence never solves anything. talking and understanding a person or persons motives for their actions would solve our problems. but then the world is just too messed up for that, instead lets see who's got the bigger balls!! thats the neanderthaal approach that we use in the 21st century. superb! i would like to state, as a half egyptian - half scottish (amazing cocktail) person, i am very moderate and am thankfully educated enough to know the difference between right and wrong. most intelligent arabs that i know condemn strongly the actions of these minorities. the problem is, there are many poor people wiht little or no education that have manipulted into thinking they are fighting a holy war and will be rewarded by going to paradise, when in fact, if they are truly religious then they should be aware that they are going to hell for their actions. Ofcourse i cant say this. but i'm going based on what the islamic religion states - - -these poor people have been so badly indoctrinated and used by sheer evil (binladen etc) to carry out personal vengeance. i guess my point is - if we (the west) were to try and understand and then untangle their (terrorists) screwed up wiring and programing by means other than violence then maybe we can advance. they are after all people like you and me who are completely misguided. they must have a reason (justifiable only to themselves) that makes them think they are doing the right thing. I mean has anyone really asked themselves......"what would it take for me to strap a bomb to myself and blow myself up?" thats what we need to answer.

what made the War on Terror even worse is the failed attempt to win over the support from nonviolent muslims. They may have acheived the opposite. Muslims see attempting to bring "democracy" to Islamic societies as self-serving hypocrisy. Also that the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan has led to MORE chaos and suffering.

Pharoah is offline New Member
    at the end of the day - we're all flawed people who make judgements. My best example's for anything is what i call 'the school yard'. At school, there is always a bully who goes around doing what they like - they think they're popular or invincible. the truth is though that with every person that they bully - they are more and more despised. and later in life, who will be their friend? america is that bullying kid.

Pakistan was just bombed the other day by america (although they haven't taken responsibilty). apparently it was because of some terrorist action. 15 people were killed (of which only 4 are meant to be terrorists- although not proven at all) which would indicate that 9 poor buggers were killed for no reason. The people in pakistan were outraged by this - not only cause it was unauthorised air space invasion, but because people were killed and theres no evidence to indicate any justification. America really is se****g its own fate - opinions of the nation politically will affect what the world thinks of its people, who allow their bullying government to do as they please. I really think Bush has spelled the downfall of the USA in the long term.

The truly sad thing about it all is that the poorest people in the world are the ones that are being targeted - the people who already have a hard life as it is without being bullied further by a ruthless government. The american govt treats americans with contempt by thinking its people are oblivious to its bad actions.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The Bush admin knew and still knows that for every terrorist muslim, or Shahid slash martyre they will kill, 10 will take his place, they want it that way, it legitimize their administration!

Terrorism legitimaze the actions of the white house and cohorts, pure politics

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    I will admit it that, originally I was Pro-Bush and Pro-war and all that good stuff, but now 5 years later and 2,000 soliders deaths later, we still have made NO progress and never will. I do not know what he expects to happen over there that Iraq will turn over and become a fully democratic Disney filled country? Because it will never happen, not matter how many troops and how many years and trillions of dollars wasted over there.

As a wise man once said (George Carlin)...
    "When your de****g with a fanatic group (such as those in Iraq), and those willing to die without any question for their belief, there is no army in the world that can defeat them"

AIZ
    hilarious...
    If that's your answer it just shows how sadly misinformed you are.

Johns329 is offline New Member
    War on Terrorism is like a war on dandruff its just a metaphor. Its wasted money and time!

AIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns329
    War on Terrorism is like a war on dandruff its just a metaphor. Its wasted money and time!
    Keep that attitude and let's see how you feel in 10 years. You obviously have no idea how bad it really is out there. It isn't only in Iraq, Israel, parts of Europe, but all over the world, spread across 60 countries.

You just sit back and call it a metaphor all you want. You're going to have a major wakeup call real soon

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Terrrorists, what terrorists?.

Its abit rich to invade someone land, and then look down the barrel of your gun and call them a terrorist!.

Although suicide attacks against civilian targets in Iraq are terror tactics, those against military and American/British economic targets (inside Iraq) are not IMO. And where were these suicide attacks before the war?.

Guys no matter what way you look at it. Iraq is one huge American cluster fvck.

yes

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Terrrorists, what terrorists?.

Its abit rich to invade someone land, and then look down the barrel of your gun and call them a terrorist!.

Although suicide attacks against civilian targets in Iraq are terror tactics, those against military and American/British economic targets (inside Iraq) are not IMO. And where were these suicide attacks before the war?.

Guys no matter what way you look at it. Iraq is one huge American cluster fvck.
    I agree, but politics is not making the job over the any easier. If the military had the OK to just do what it takes to clean house, it would be much better. My brother was a paramedic over there for 8 months on a second tour, just returned last week. He said that it is hard to fight the way a war needs to be fought because there is so much concern over the political correctness of the actions taken.

I agree, but politics is not making the job over the any easier. If the military had the OK to just do what it takes to clean house, it would be much better. My brother was a paramedic over there for 8 months on a second tour, just returned last week. He said that it is hard to fight the way a war needs to be fought because there is so much concern over the political correctness of the actions taken.

Don't make me laugh. Seriously.

flaugh

Don't make me laugh. Seriously.
    "Terrorism" is used to describe any violent act taken with the express intent to harm or kill civilians. There can not be a terrorist attack on the military, that is just part of war. If the IRA were focusing on civilians, then they would be regarded as terrorists as well. I surely hope that you cannot laugh at war. If you were in Iraq than I would like to hear your side on the actions going on in there, if you were not, well I can read newspapers too.

I surely hope that you cannot laugh at war. If you were in Iraq than I would like to hear your side on the actions going on in there, if you were not, well I can read newspapers too.

Son I had my first war in 1988, and many, many since. Don't get me started.

appreciation

Son I had my first war in 1988, and many, many since. Don't get me started.
    I am sure that your country appreciates your service. But this is unlike any war in 1988......

I am sure that your country appreciates your service. But this is unlike any war in 1988......
    Your right, its not. The Civil war in Beirut was far, far worse.

yes

Your right, its not. The Civil war in Beirut was far, far worse.
    As far as brutality, you are correct. Are you retired from the military then?

Bulldog743 is offline New Member
    What else is there to say?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The War on Terrorism: a flippin' joke-ps0580.jpg  

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    Hey docherb, or herbdoc, or whatever the fvck you call yourself...that comment about our President, that he should be a victim of a sniper goes beyond the pale, you stupid little prick!!!

You should be having a visit from the U.S. Secret Service soon dipshit. Enjoy telling them all about your shit...threatening the President of the United States is not protected speech...

Have a good day!!!

And mods if you want to ban me...have at it...I have no need to participate in a forum that tolerates the advocay of the assasination of the President.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Teabagger
    Hey docherb, or herbdoc, or whatever the fvck you call yourself...that comment about our President, that he should be a victim of a sniper goes beyond the pale, you stupid little prick!!!

You should be having a visit from the U.S. Secret Service soon dipshit. Enjoy telling them all about your shit...threatening the President of the United States is not protected speech...

Have a good day!!!

And mods if you want to ban me...have at it...I have no need to participate in a forum that tolerates the advocay of the assasination of the President.

we advocate fair assasination for any leaders

As far as brutality, you are correct. Are you retired from the military then?

No I'm still serving. I retire in December after 21yrs service. However I do have the option of extending.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    we advocate fair assasination for any leaders

Except Gerry Adams

Have a good day!!!

Mods don't get banned

Seriously his comment re. Bush being the victim of a sniper, well its uncalled for but I doubt he's seriously advocating the assasination of a president on an open forum. He's just using a figure of speech I'm sure.

I have no need to participate in a forum that tolerates the advocay of the assasination of the President.
    Didnt say i was planning a hit, but I wouldnt lose any sleep if it happened...I guess it's ok to kill 100,000 civilians though, uh? Your such a trooper...W. would be proud of you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information