01-24-2006, 10:14 PM #1
Some of Ayatollah Khomeini's Views
I wonder if anyone disagrees with any of these view?
- In 1976, Ayatollah Khomeini issued a fatwa to allow people with hormonal disorders to undergo gender reassignment if they wished, as well as to change their birth certificates to reflect their new gender role.
- Khomeini supported family planning, a program through which the government called upon women to distribute contraceptives. He also supported organ transplants.
- Khomeini believed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. In Sahifeh Nour (Vol.2 Page 242), he states: "We would like to act according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We would like to be free. We would like independence."
- He believed in a free market economy, with respect for private ownership, and that businesses and corporations should be encouraged to contribute to religious charitable foundations which would benefit the poor.
- He advised against allowing wealthy individuals to participate in the government, and that politicians should follow his example and live a modest, frugal lifestyle, devoid of elitism and excess.
- He was strongly against close relations with Western and East bloc nations, and believed that Iran should strive towards self-reliance. He viewed certain elements of Western culture as being inherently evil, and a corrupting influence upon the youth.
- Khomeini believed that interpretations should change and evolve, even if such changes were to radically differ from tradition, and that a cleric should be moved by divinely inspired guidance.
- Khomeini often stated that the Islamic Revolution would not be complete until Iran becomes a truly Islamic nation in every aspect, and that democracy and freedom would then come about "as a natural result of such a transformation". Khomeini's definition of democracy existed within an Islamic framework, his reasoning being that since Islam is the religion of the majority, anything that contradicted Islam would consequently be against democratic rule.
- The reformers, especially Mohammad Khatami, claim that they are in exact accordance with Khomeini's style, referring to his constant warnings against extremism, and his views about freedom of speech.
- Ayatollah Khomeini was also supportive to religious minorities including Persian Jewish community.
01-24-2006, 11:31 PM #2
none happened after, power corrupted
01-25-2006, 11:54 AM #3
Uhhh, you forgot about these quotes I think?
a more complete picture of the man perhaps???
Khomeini's speech on the day of celebration of the birth of Muhammad: 1981
سخنرانی آقای خمينی
سالروز تولد رسول اسلام , سال 1360
The real Day of God is the day that Amir al mo’menin (1) drew his sword and slaughtered all the khavarej (2) and killed them from the first to the last. يوم الله واقعی روزی است كه امير المؤ منين عليه السلام ، شمشيرش را كشيد و خوارج را از اول تا به آخر درو كرد و تمامشان را كشت
The Days of God are when Allah, the gracious, the almighty, causes an earthquake.
ايام الله روزهائی است كه خداوند تبارك و تعالی يك زلزله ای وارد ميكند
It is when He slaps on the face.
يك سيلی را وارد ميكند
It is when he causes a hurricane.
يك توفانی را وارد ميكند
He whips this people to become humans.
به اين مردم شلاق ميزند كه ، آدم بشوند
If the Amir al mo’menin (1) wanted to be tolerant, he would not have drawn his sword killing 700 people in one go امير المؤمنين اگر بنا بود مسامحه كند شمشير نميكشيد تا 700 نفر را يكدفعه بكشد
In our prisons we have more of the same kind of people who are corrupt.
در حبس های ما هم بيشتر از اين اشخاص هستند ، كه مفسدند
If we do not kill them, each one of them that gets out, will become a murderer! اگر ما اينها را نكشيم ، هر يكی شان كه بيايد بيرون ميرود آدم ميكشد
They don’t become humans.
... آدم نميشوند اينها
Why do you Mullahs only go after the ordinances of prayer and fasting?
شما ، علما چرا فقط سراغ احكام نماز و روزه ميرويد
Why do you only read the Quranic verses of mercy and do not read the verses of killing? چرا هی آيات رحمت در قرآن را ميخوانيد و آيات قتال را نميخوانيد
Quran says; kill, imprison! قرآن ميگويد بكشيد ، حبس كنيد
Why are you only clinging to the part that talks about mercy? چرا شما همان طرفش را گرفته ايد كه صحبت از رحمت ميكند
Mercy is against God. رحمت مخالف با خداست
Mehrab (3) means the place of war, the place of fighting. محراب يعنی مكان حرب ، يعنی مكان جنگ
Out of the mehrabs, wars should proceed, از محرابها بايد ، جنگ پيدا شود
Just as all the wars of Islam used to proceeded out of the mehrabs. چنانكه بيشتر جنگهای اسلام از محرابها پيدا ميشد
The prophet has [had] sword to kill people.. پيغمبر شمشير دارد تا آدم بكشد
Our [Holy] Imams were quite military men. ائمه ما همگی چندی ، نظامی بودند
All of them were warriors. همگی جنگی بودند
They used to wield swords; they used to kill people.
شمشير ميكشيدند ، آدم ميكشتند
We need a Khalifa who would chop hands, cut throat, stone people
ما خليفه ميخواهيم كه دست ببرد ، حد بزند ، رجم كند
In the same way that the messenger of God used to chop hands, cut throats, and stone people.
همانطور كه رسول الله دست ميبريد ، حد ميزد ، رجم ميكرد
In the same way that he massacred the Jews of Bani Qurayza (4) because they were a bunch of discontent people. همانطور كه يهود بنی قريظه را ، چون جماعتی ناراضی ! ... بودند قتل عام كرد
If the Prophet used to order to burn a house or exterminate a tribe that was justice.
اگر رسول الله فرمان داد كه فلان خانه را آتش بزنيد ، فلان طايفه را از بين ببريد ، حكم به عدل كرده است
The lives of people must be secured through punishment.
زندگی بشر را بايد به قصاص تامين كرد
Because, the protection of the masses lies beneath these very punitive executions. زيرا حمايت توده ، زير اين قتل قصاصی ، خوابيده است
With just a few years of imprisonment things don’t get fixed. با چند سال زندان كار درست نميشود
You must put aside these childish sentimentalism.
اين عواطف بچه گانه را كنار بگذاريد
We believe that the accused essentially does not have to be tried. He or she must just be killed.
ما معتقديم كه مجرم اصولا محاكمه ندارد و بايد او را كشت
Only their identity is to be established and then they should be killed.
تنها بايد هويت آنان را ثابت كرد و بعد آنها را كشت
(1) Amir al mo’menin: The Commander of the Faithful. Title of Ali the fourth Caliph and the first Imam of the Shiites.
(2) khavarej: A group of dissidents that rejected the leadership of Ali and when 4000 of them gathered in the mosque to protest, Ali sent his armed men and massacred them all.
(3) Mehraab : Prayer niche of a Mosque, in front of which the Imam stands when leading the congregational prayers. It literally means the place of war, derived from harb (war)
(4) Bani Qurayza: A tribe of the Jews of Medina whose quarter Muhammad besieged, cut the water to them and when they surrendered, he ordered his cousin Ali and his uncle Hamza to massacre them while their hands were tide from behind to their necks and their bodies were thrown in a ditch. Boys were inspected and if they had pubic hair they were counted as men and executed. The number of men massacred in that day is reported to be between 600 to 900. All their belongings went to Muhammad alone (because Muslims did not have to fight this war the prophet kept all the booty for himself) The children and wives of these Jews were sold as slaves. Muhammad kept the 17-year-old beautiful Rayhanah for himself. Rayhana, whose father, brothers and husband, Muhammad had killed, did not accept Islam and did not agree to marry the prophet. She remained in his household as a sex slave until he died and forbidden to remarry after that.
01-25-2006, 12:52 PM #4
Find me a source other than Faith Freedom.
These are the same idiots that made up a whole book, and said it was written by Khomeini, when in fact it was made up totally.
There is no Volume Four of Tahrirolvasileh, yet they made up some BS in that "Volume Four" and claimed it was written by Khomeini.
All fake, and Zionist propaganda.
01-26-2006, 01:56 AM #5Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
First, all I did was type in his name in google, and came up with a bunch of sites. I copy/pasted the above as I thought it would be interesting as it was apparently a public speech. I can't vouch for the validity as I was not all that interested in politics in 1981 when this took place.
Are you saying he didn't actually give this speech, or that he gave a speech, but these faithfreedom people changed the words?
01-26-2006, 11:25 AM #6Originally Posted by kis55
Volume Four of Tahrirolvasileh is created to him, but he wrote only 3. The fourth one is a fabrication.
01-28-2006, 10:27 PM #7Originally Posted by kis55
01-31-2006, 01:24 AM #8
If one commits the act of sodomy with a cow, an ewe, or a camel, their urine and their excrements become impure, and even their milk may no longer be consumed. The animal must then be killed and as quickly as possible and burned- Ayatollah Khomeini.
Eleven things are impure: urine, excrement, sperm...non-Moslem men and women...and the sweat of an excrement-eating camel.
01-31-2006, 01:25 AM #9
It is better for a girl to marry in such a time when she would begin menstruation at her husband's house rather than her father's home. Any father marrying his daughter so young will have a permanent place in heaven.
01-31-2006, 03:47 AM #10
What, does the guy want a pat on the back or maybe a cookie for saying "women's rights" or "democracy"? JEEZ
01-31-2006, 12:46 PM #11Originally Posted by Animal Cracker
02-01-2006, 10:21 PM #12Originally Posted by CAUSASIAN
Last edited by Animal Cracker; 02-01-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)