Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
    GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member

Iraq war is justified.... here's why

eliteforce is offline Member
    whatever, alot of bad things happen in the world .. doesn't mean you get to occupy the country in order to get rid of 'evil'

America is getting absolutly no-where in this useless war..in december bush/rum responding to political presure to get out of Iraq final decided that he would impress everyone with the progress of the iraqi security forces by getting American troop levels below 138,000 which rum describes as a 'baseline'. I had been watching the progress of the war dec-jan on icasualties.org, initially American forces abandoned a major base in the center of Samarra and handed some posts over to Iraqi cops, they also backed off in Falluja a bit; by doing this they were able to get down to 130,000 by moving some troops into kuwait. what gthey got was the falluja base coming under mortar fire repeatedly and the insurgents again taking over for the iraqi cops, basically taking control of large parts of Samarra, and during dec-jan the Americans continue to suffer about 3 dead/day, just like always..

now we hear that the troop leevel is back up to 136,000 and rumy boasts that the US has successfully drawn down it's forces he fails to mention that it's a lousy 2,000 troops-what a bunch of crap, the only solution is a total withdrawel from this endless quagmire.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Justifying war in iraq is like trying to prove that militia-guy has friends. U just cant do it.

AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    Justifying war in iraq is like trying to prove that militia-guy has friends. U just cant do it.
    I understand why people might not like the war and/or agree with it but the fact remains: the war was justified and it was legal. Chapter VII of the U.N. Charter was invokved. That's all the justification necessary.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    I understand why people might not like the war and/or agree with it but the fact remains: the war was justified and it was legal. Chapter VII of the U.N. Charter was invokved. That's all the justification necessary.
    U still cant prove militia-guy has friends though?

Theatrix is offline Associate Member
    You are trying to justify/not justify on the assumption that you truley understand our agenda. Assume for moment that reasons given were but an excuse to invade. But oh my, to have a controlling interest in a middle Eastern country, although not pleasant today, but perhaps 25-50 years into the future we will have settled that country and begun the process of converting others in the region to the 21st century. Its just an idea, but it plays well and we need the assets.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    actually no

Chapter VII, the security council should vote.
    But it was vetoed at the council

Russia, France and china voted against

US and UK voted for it

and the others "non permanent members" a good majority voted against

so therefore it is an illegal "war"

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    fuk it, let them take eachother out. lets get our men out of that shithole.

GQ-Bouncer is offline Anabolic Member
    If we could invade former Yugoslavia for reasons of human rights issues, than this would be no diffrent

Quote Originally Posted by GQ-Bouncer
    If we could invade former Yugoslavia for reasons of human rights issues, than this would be no diffrent

no, a country by charter can do whatever they want on their citizen, so if the US wants to wipe out 10 000 people from a city, they can and have the rights to do so.

But, there are some buts, there are exemptions for genocides, crimes againts humanity and war crimes that are not quite vague and large.

for the Yugo, it was voted by all, except Russia exempt his vote

AIZ
    AIZ is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44
    U still cant prove militia-guy has friends though?
    Now that's funny

decadbal is offline Banned
    i dont even care anymore

brewerpi is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    no, a country by charter can do whatever they want on their citizen, so if the US wants to wipe out 10 000 people from a city, they can and have the rights to do so.

But, there are some buts, there are exemptions for genocides, crimes againts humanity and war crimes that are not quite vague and large.

for the Yugo, it was voted by all, except Russia exempt his vote

NATO did NOT have UN approval when we bombed Kosovo and Yugoslavia in 1999-does that make the mission any less righteous? The UN exists to prevent genocide and yet UN Peacekeepers helped the Serbs round up Muslims in Bosnia, and did nothing in Rwanda. My point-the UN is a joke.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by brewerpi
    NATO did NOT have UN approval when we bombed Kosovo and Yugoslavia in 1999-does that make the mission any less righteous? The UN exists to prevent genocide and yet UN Peacekeepers helped the Serbs round up Muslims in Bosnia, and did nothing in Rwanda. My point-the UN is a joke.

I am not refering to Kosovo but the Ex Yugu pre Kosovo.

as for Rwanda, it was vetoed by the US and FRance, both had special interests there, diamonds and military equipement were more valuable than 800 000 poor africans!

the UN is a joke, but a club, thats only a gentlemen diplomatic clubs that all nations must entitled to.

a club where a few dictate everything.

where one members pay everythings for them and the members fees and most members bitch at him.

the UN needs some profounds restructuring

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Always makes me laugh when I hear people try to justify this war.

I'll just put it like this... Going to war for peace is like fvcking for virginity.

America fvcked up Iraq big time and should be made stay untill the job is complete or surrender and get the fvck out.

" I punched the next door neighbour in the head, then beat him up because he riding around on his new bike, then I took his bike because I decided to do so"!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Of course the US should have handled others before Iraq...North Africa, Saudi Arabia etc etc..but Iraq was on the list there somewhere. Of course the word "genocide" and "war crimes" all stir emotions...but the gassing of Kurds, Shiite extermination (even though I could care less about the sunni/shia issues) do not seem to carry enough weight in the world when the cry for war went out- killing jurds because they are kurds isnt genocide?When Serbs tried to regain the land, stop encursion by militants, all was seen as justice in world opinion!
    Yes, going to war for the sake of peace if hard for many to understand....but it is necessary at times. Again- there were larger threats than Iraq...much larger....but what can you do? Soldiers rarely choose where they fight!

Thread Information