Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member

Why does the world hate us (Americans)?

Is it just me or does the world hate the US. We send aid to a ton of contries around the world and still it seems like they all hate the US. What the hell did we do to them?

big palo is offline New Member
    unfortunaetly the US interferes too much bro, an americans cant see it, u have to live outside the US to see how much trouble it causes. And the aid it sends ALWAYS has a price. i feel sorry for ordinary peace loving americans because bush has made america into a war monger, very sad.....alot of the world, including the west hates america,trust me they have reason.

MDMA is offline Banned
    I wouldnt say EVERYONE hates us... but we do police the globe, and everyone hates a po'

calidude is offline Senior Member
    obviously everyone doesn't hate us because people from every country try to live or visit here. If we suck that bad then don't come here or if you are here now then LEAVE

RON
    big palo, I agree we do interfere with stuff like the genocide in Croatia or the forced starvation in Somalia. Is that such a bad thing? Yes the aid has a price but what doesn't. I can tell you all this aid has a price on the American people too. Our national debt is rising by the year causing us to pay higher taxes and get less in return. My personal opinion is if you don't want to pay the price don't take the aid. BTW don't take this the wrong way cause your post is exactly what was looking for in a reply and I appreciate you being up front.

roch is offline Member
    Originally posted by MDMA
    I wouldnt say EVERYONE hates us... but we do police the globe, and everyone hates a po'
    everyone hates the police until you need to call them. then if things don't turn out right then who gets the blame? the po po does.

wimp is offline Associate Member
    i justy think they're all jealous. they wish they could be us but they cant

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I do think we stick our nose in foreign business a little too much sometimes. I would save us money and hassel if we learnt to just keep our mouth shut sometimes.

Pain

willpharmd is offline Junior Member
    obviously everyone doesn't hate us because people from every country try to live or visit here. If we suck that bad then don't come here or if you are here now then LEAVE
    HELL YEAH

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    Why everyone hates the US?

It is simple really. not a hard question at all to answear. Everyone is sour when it comes to the US b/c we have it together. A while back there were two major superpowers and many other up-and-coming powerhouse nations. Now there is the United States of America. We are the superpower and many people feel to gain political recognition they have to obstain from following like a puppy. Think of it this way. In high school the most popular was always criticized bye the one's who may have been close to him but still not on top. They would do unfavorable things to him or say unjust things about him to other people just to bring him down therefore lifting thereselves up. I know this first hand b/c i experienced this. The guy on top is always trying to be brought down and the guys right under him is always trying to get on top

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    And to everyone who says we stick our nose in everyone else's business, Well we have to, it is our obligation as the world's only superpower to give some reason and support to a land of chaos. If your country does not want us sticking our nose in your business then follow the law of the land and dont ask for financial or political support. Its that easy...Do what's right and make your own damn money....i mean really....who needs the US and our money right

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    FKITLETSGO.....I will have to say I mostly agree with you.

Other countries and even some Americans don't seem to realize how badly the world economy would suffer if we pulled all of our money, and people out of these other countries and just said to hell with it fix it all yourselves, and focused on our own problems. In a way I'd like to see this happen but I do know it can't because the rest of the world does need us in some way or fashion, just like we need things from other countries as well. We are the world's police force wether anyone likes it or not.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    being an econbrain..our "interferences" are just as much for our own benefit as they are for the people we interfere with...that is..when we're actually trying to help

basically, we do what we need to do to keep our economy functioning..if that means feeding people in somolia or threatening Iraq..if it didn't effect the American Economy I really have to wonder if we'd care, guess I just chalk it up to the pros and cons of our Global Economy

jammergsxr is offline Member
    And if we were to just stop sticking our noses in others business and strickly focus on the United States,1 we'd just become more powerful and the world would hate that 2 We'd be hated for not helping and not considered a true allie 3 Smaller and poverty stricken countries would be attacked and taken over by leaders such a Suddam and would eventually grow in size until it became a superpower and guess who they would try to dominate ..the U.S. The world would become utter Chaos!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I guess it is a no win situation, someone will always say you are doing to much or you are not doing enough.

Pain

Originally posted by painintheazz
    I guess it is a no win situation, someone will always say you are doing to much or you are not doing enough.

Pain
    YUP!

MDMA is offline Banned

:/:

Originally posted by painintheazz

Pain
    Totally agree, perfectly put.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I think people get upset over your way of thinking like "you are the best country in the world" and "nothing America does is wrong". It´s not your fault, it´s your culture. You are strong patriots. But i think the rest of the world is tierd of hearing it.

I won't say we're never wrong, but alot of people all around the world that the U.S. is one of if not the best. I'm not preaching it...just saying what most of the world thinks. if this isn't true, why do SO many come here, legally and illegally?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    False advertisment?

We get alot of people over here aswell bro and we are a small country. I would say USA/Canada and western Europe is what people from U-countrys seek. I dont really think they care, they just want a better life then they can have at home.

Originally posted by palme
    False advertisment?

they just want a better life then they can have at home.
    Agreed.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by big palo
    unfortunaetly the US interferes too much bro, an americans cant see it, u have to live outside the US to see how much trouble it causes. And the aid it sends ALWAYS has a price. i feel sorry for ordinary peace loving americans because bush has made america into a war monger, very sad.....alot of the world, including the west hates america,trust me they have reason.
    Bush is a war monger...?...WTF is that....Bush only use's war a a threat becasue he knows that is the only way he is going to get his point across....just watch as soon as we start bombing that corrupt asshole... his soliders will start surrendering to us...just like the first time.

They (Iraqi soldiers) know just as well as we do that we are a dominat Armed Forces....we have what it takes....

And we do help out a lot...and we do fuck up alot...but I seriously think we do more good then bad....no one is perfect....Just like one mentioned above...if we are such a horrible mean war hungry place then why do we have some many foreiners here...?....obviously they want a better life.....America is a better life...there are other great countries....but most people desire the American life.....

So in closing I could care less if everyone hates us....their just jealous and weak....get some balls and fight.....I am proud to be living here and it discusses me to see all these Hippie MFers protesting war...if they would learn the facts then they wouldn't be waving there fuckin signs asking for peace....in this case the only way we are going to get peace is to take Sadam out.....just as his people have asked us to do....

JMO

Got Gear? is offline Member

I'll take a crack at this..

Butch: While I wouldn't call bush a war-monger, he's definately more interested in war. Take the situation in Iraq. Nothing has changed over there in the last 10 years, yet suddenly the US is going to war with Iraq. Iraq hasn't changed, it's the US president that changed.

Here's why I think America is disliked by other countries:
    1) That damn Manifest Destiny of yours. America may have the best democratic government, and society system. But that doesn't give the right for americans to force this upon other countries. You're worse than a bunch of Jehova's Witnesses!

2) Jealously! America's got it good!

3) Americans seem to carry a sence of superiority with them. It's hard to explain, and not universal. But Americans often give off a "I'm better than you" Aura.

4) Self-centered. But I mean in a geographical sence. It seems to me that many americans don't have a clue as to the world outside their border. I've run across americans who can rattle off every state with their capitals, yet these same people have no clue that Canada has provinces instead of states. The simple geographical fact that Canada is larger than the US is not known by 75% of americans.

5) Your Damn forein policies. I swear this gets Americans into trouble more than everything else together. I know you guys mean well.. BUT no country is going to thank you for something they didn't want you to do. Take Iraq for example. The Iraqi people do not want Saddam in power. Yet they're not willing to pay the price (american bombs, infantry etc). You're crazy if you think the Iraqi people are going to support or thank you for this war. MAYBE the next generation of Iraqi people......

Re: I'll take a crack at this..

Originally posted by Got Gear?
    Butch: While I wouldn't call bush a war-monger, he's definately more interested in war. Take the situation in Iraq. Nothing has changed over there in the last 10 years, yet suddenly the US is going to war with Iraq. Iraq hasn't changed, it's the US president that changed.

Come on now....Irag has changed becasue Sadam has changed....dude, when you have Iraqi women talking at Capital Hill expressing there concerns for their people...listing all the horrible things Sadam has done to his people....look what we did in Afaganistan (sp)....that place has alomost taken a 180 degree turn....life is getting better there....the Iraqi people are asking for us to help them...bottom line Sadam needs to go....and he is not going peaceful...so take the Motherfucker out.....and make sure he never somes back

Got Gear, I respect your veiws and everyone is entitled to express them....you choose your ways and I choose mine...I know mine will never change...I am 100% for war

Re: Re: I'll take a crack at this..

Originally posted by Butch

Come on now....Irag has changed becasue Sadam has changed....dude, when you have Iraqi women talking at Capital Hill expressing there concerns for their people...listing all the horrible things Sadam has done to his people....look what we did in Afaganistan (sp)....that place has alomost taken a 180 degree turn....life is getting better there....the Iraqi people are asking for us to help them...bottom line Sadam needs to go....and he is not going peaceful...so take the Motherfucker out.....and make sure he never somes back
    LOL!! Hey I'd like to see Saddam dead. If I could I'd kill him myself! But that wasn't the topic I addressed to you.

My point was that: Saddam or Iraq hasn't changed (except a little recovery from the gulf war) in the last decade. Yet suddenly the US goes to war with them. It was Bush that started this war (a just war or not, it's Bush who pushed it into motion).

OH! And you're wrong about the Iraqi people. True they don't want Saddam in power, but they want a US invasion even less. If they had to chose between Saddam or an American Invasion to remove him, they'd pick Saddam.

Re: Re: Re: I'll take a crack at this..

LOL!! Hey I'd like to see Saddam dead. If I could I'd kill him myself! But that wasn't the topic I addressed to you.

My point was that: Saddam or Iraq hasn't changed (except a little recovery from the gulf war) in the last decade. Yet suddenly the US goes to war with them. It was Bush that started this war (a just war or not, it's Bush who pushed it into motion).

OH! And you're wrong about the Iraqi people. True they don't want Saddam in power, but they want a US invasion even less. If they had to chose between Saddam or an American Invasion to remove him, they'd pick Saddam.
    True...I guess we will both have to see what happens....this is not worth arguing over....politics, religion and family values always have no resolution becasue everyone has their mind set on what they believe....no offense towards you Got Gear....you have yours and I have mine....I just hope this ends quick and easy....take care!

Re: Re: Re: Re: I'll take a crack at this..

Originally posted by Butch

True...I guess we will both have to see what happens....this is not worth arguing over....politics, religion and family values always have no resolution becasue everyone has their mind set on what they believe....no offense towards you Got Gear....you have yours and I have mine....I just hope this ends quick and easy....take care!
    Well said. Ditto!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    It is not the U.S. or the U.S. people they hate so much. It is just the government, and the macho'ness they show all the time. They always act "big" like they can bench 315 with ease, even though you know they don't touch their chest and only bring it down half way, which really doesn't count.

Originally posted by Terinox
    It is not the U.S. or the U.S. people they hate so much. It is just the government, and the macho'ness they show all the time. They always act "big" like they can bench 315 with ease, even though you know they don't touch their chest and only bring it down half way, which really doesn't count.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    actually Assist Sec State Armitage has benched 440 and even now at 60+ yo can do reps of 6-7 with 330lbs!

Originally posted by CYCLEON
    actually Assist Sec State Armitage has benched 440 and even now at 60+ yo can do reps of 6-7 with 330lbs!
    OOOOOOOOOH SHEEEAT!!!

I stand corrected. The U.S. is "BIG" after all! And anyone who touches their chest doing a proper rep has my respect.

RON

Re: Re: Re: I'll take a crack at this..

Are you from Iraq? Where does this info come from bro?

I know a few people from Afaganistan and they were happy that the US was going there to clean it up. I'm sure a lot of Afagani people are happy we are there. Sure thats not Iraq but its the same mission there.

palme,
    Your just jealous bro cause we are the best country in the world and nothing America does is wrong

Re: Re: Re: Re: I'll take a crack at this..

Originally posted by RON

Are you from Iraq? Where does this info come from bro?

I know a few people from Afaganistan and they were happy that the US was going there to clean it up. I'm sure a lot of Afagani people are happy we are there. Sure thats not Iraq but its the same mission there.

To this I would say yes and no. To a certain extent, yes, they want help, they want peace. However, they don't want 250,000 people walking up and down their streets with machine guns. The power MUST be given to the people. And to ensure that happens, and STAYS that way is virtually impossible.

Afghanistan is a different story. A lot of the people who moved out of those ME don't have the exact same right to claim so and so as the people who are actually there. You would really have to be there in their shoes to be able to make a better judgement.

It is all about revolution, and changing the government. However, when they say they want Democratic government, it is no where near what the U.S. has. They do not even believe for a second that the U.S. is a real Democratic country. To them, it's the same story, with just more freedom. Still controlled in the same style, with the real power going to the rich and the popular and the powerful. Not truly to the people. But also this type of "Perfect Democracy" is also virtually impossible. Almost like "Pure Communism" which is like the greatest thing of all time, except it just does not exist, nor has it ever. (I'm refering to PURE Communism, and not that shit that Castro had, or the Russians).

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I have to say I'm impressed with the ability (by and large) of our members to have an intelligent discussion on a controversial topic without resorting to ad hominem attacks or other immature tactics. I figured it's time for me to add my two cents to this discussion. As such, the totality of all that I want to say can be succinctly and simply by stating: The U.S., under the supposed auspices of its citizens in many instances, has committed a great many atrocities that, at times, force me to question not only how much I value my US citizenship, but how much I (de)value my own reluctance to participate in the civic process. That being said, however, there has not been a single instance of a nation, empire, tribe, etc throughout the entirety of recorded history that wielded such vast power and potential to dominate yet, for the most part, made concerted efforts to wield that power in a positive manner. Virtually EVERY other national entity coming remotely close to possessing the relative power that the U.S. undeniably holds made a diligent and concerted attempt at mass genocide and (within the scope of the term at the time) global domination. The Roman Empire did not offer aid or humanitarian relief to Greece, and, in turn the "barbarian" conquerors did little to assist Roman citizens at the fall of the Empire. Nor did the Mayans, to my knowledge, even begin to debate the notion of whether efforts should be made to preserve the culture and way of life of "lesser" tribes....and so on and so on.....throughout history.

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    What exactly is pure communism?

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    actually - comunism, both pure or corrupted is pretty undesireable - I believe he is probably hankering for pure socialism, which is the promise of utopia but also does not exist

Interestingly - if you study the Old Testament - the system that God set up through Moses was Capitalism that was bounded by limitations that would help ensure that people would be unlikely to stay generationally poor - They continually violated those laws and God got angry about it but I know of no other system in history whereby one could excape his class of birth except the current US - and that is better because women are also able to do so.

Originally posted by fLgAtOr
    What exactly is pure communism?
    Marx and Engels...not the perverted version that has come to encapsulate the term. If you desire an understanding of pure communism, do an internet search on these two cats....if you REALLY want an understanding, sift through their writings, as well as the marx/engels reader (the version with commentary and analysis)

Originally posted by CYCLEON
    I know of no other system in history whereby one could excape his class of birth except the current US - and that is better because women are also able to do so.
    Cycleon....if i'm not mistaken Germany (ironically) has at times displayed an incredibly lenient environment of social mobility, particularly during, and based on, its intellectual heyday. Additionally, and somewhat incongruous with modern conceptions of the time, Greek and Roman civilizations (in compartmentalized and stringent, but nonetheless largely frequent instances) allowed a great deal of social mobility and actually displayed rather dramatic egalatarian tendencies at times. By the way, I'm interested in your biblical reference, is that something you're working on? Meaning social structure (socio-economic) and its roots in biblical tradition.

Perhaps I should have said Utopia instead of "Pure Communism" However, I still think it's related to the communist view. Problem is, a LOT of people define communism the way they think is what it means. Like how Marx did and all that. Marx never even meant for it to be the way it turned out. What Marx was talking about was not even communism (according to what i've learned in Sociology 101).

Pure Communism is different, and to ME, it is basically a Utopia, pure equality, no corruption, etc... However, like I said, human nature would never even allow this, it could not handle it, or evolve that much. And it is a shame, cuz if we could live like that, things would be much better.

I know this is a lame example, but as in Star Trek, the entire world has united into what is called "The Federation" which is ALL people of earth united into one. There are no countries, no civil wars, disagreements, etc... Something like that would be great to achieve.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information