Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silent Edge is offline New Member
    I squated 630 when I was 19 years old. I weighed 297.

Last time I squated anything remotely heavy was in December. 525 for 5. I was 260 at the time.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    here are my last two pictures...
    We have max outs at our school the week before August so my goal is to get at least 600. Im gunna be working hard.
    Attached Images Attached Images

medic23 is offline Associate Member
    at 180lbs I can squat 550 too...on the smith. I think thiis kid is confused between squats and sissy squats, theres a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by medic23
    at 180lbs I can squat 550 too...on the smith. I think thiis kid is confused between squats and sissy squats, theres a huge difference.
    no i dont puss it like some people i get someone to watch my depth and tell me up when im parallel.

alright ill will post one later on in the summer when max outs come around again. We also had to max bench and hang clean so after today im gunna take a week off and hit the weights hard all summer long.

Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51
    alright ill will post one later on in the summer when max outs come around again. We also had to max bench and hang clean so after today im gunna take a week off and hit the weights hard all summer long.

I believe him... I don't see why not. There is no doubt in my mind there's a difference in the way I squat and they way you squat. I'm not flaming you by any means but I personally cannot go down any lower.. I don't need anyone to call me up because I know when my ass is rested on my legs and cannot bend down any further.

Point is I think that type of squat is deeper then any competition i've been in so it doesnt matter... If you train that deep then when it comes to squatting anything else, your weights will soar up.

What part of ohio are you from? Oh, and another thing is if anyone has ever attended any college football camps...Lunges are even more important... At ohio state the strength and conditioning coach made the comment that david boston and andy katzenmoyer both could lunge 300 pounds for reps and sets...I'd say they both had no problem squatting over 500 pounds in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    I believe him... I don't see why not. There is no doubt in my mind there's a difference in the way I squat and they way you squat. I'm not flaming you by any means but I personally cannot go down any lower.. I don't need anyone to call me up because I know when my ass is rested on my legs and cannot bend down any further.

Point is I think that type of squat is deeper then any competition i've been in so it doesnt matter... If you train that deep then when it comes to squatting anything else, your weights will soar up.

What part of ohio are you from? Oh, and another thing is if anyone has ever attended any college football camps...Lunges are even more important... At ohio state the strength and conditioning coach made the comment that david boston and andy katzenmoyer both could lunge 300 pounds for reps and sets...I'd say they both had no problem squatting over 500 pounds in high school.

Yea i love to lunge to. And i am from sandusky ohio

d-lineman is offline New Member
    Squatman

I believe you. Your legs look like you really train them hard. Are you going into your senior year of highschool? What position do you play? Are you being recruited by any schools to play football?

Quote Originally Posted by d-lineman
    Squatman

I believe you. Your legs look like you really train them hard. Are you going into your senior year of highschool? What position do you play? Are you being recruited by any schools to play football?

Yea this will be my senior year. I play running back and linebacker. I have got some letters from schools such as miami(ohio),bg,heidelberg,and schools like that. I want to have an excellent season this year so i can some looks from big d1 school. Who do you play for?

d-lineman is offline New Member
    Since you are getting letters from Miami and Bowling Green that is a good sign that you could be a D1 caliber player. Has there been any talk of an offer from any of these schools? What ever you do please dont go to Heidleberg. They get thrashed every year be the likes of Mount Union, John Carrol, Baldwin Wallace and the rest of the Ohio Athletic Conference. They are lucky to win one or two games a year. Good luck in this upcoming season.

Im heading to Mount Union this fall to play for the Purple Raiders.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    You guys are acting like this is impossible. Ussually people are either great at one thing or another. I know of a High shcool kid who has never took steroids ( Iknow this for certain). A matter of fact the kid does drugs and drinks all the time. He comes in my gym every once in a while and does a bench routine. Hes going for the school record of 395lbs. Last I know of he did a 380lb unsupported bench press. A kid last year came into the gym and did, Now get this 495lb hack bench squats for reps. held the wieght to his chest on his shoulders and pounded away. I tried it and just holding the wieght is a pain in the shoulders.

The pro Body Builder thing. What did Ronnie coleman do before he actually went to squats. These guys like to do a bunch of bullsh@T before they actually hit compound movements. They like to pre-exhaust their muscles.

I read the entire commentary of a Pro Body Builders Back routine the other day on Flex online. Routine split in two parts, 41 sets in total. This pro body Builder saved deadlifts for last. And then only did 405 for reps. But you got to think this after hammering out 30 somthin sets before he actually did his Deadlifts. 405 is my mid warm up wieght.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51
    yes i did sqaut this when on m1t. I dont know if i will use any pro hormones anymore since i am young. I have use animal stak once and m1t once. Do you think this is too young of an age for this?
    Doh! m1t isn't a prohormone, it's an AAS that slipped through a loophole.

Kaleb is offline Associate Member
    I believe you bro, for sure. me and my buddy were at the gym and we look over and some 15 year old kid is squatting 515lbs. No bull****, my mouth dropped to the floor. The kid is probably 5'4'' and around 160lbs. His Dad trains him and told us he deadlifted upwards of 450lbs. It's sick.

bitta is offline Associate Member
    I still believe you bro! good luck this up-coming season!

supirman45 is offline Associate Member
    It's quite possible to do those weights. As a 5'7" 190lbs 16 year old I squatted 475 at a lifting meet. At 21 I did an even 600 at 200lbs.

I also judged a HS lifting competition last year and in the super heavy weights there was a kid that did 685. I will say that he was about 3" from parellel, but it was **** impressive anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bitta
    I still believe you bro! good luck this up-coming season!
    hey thanks man

Is this possible

Today, this kid at my school maxed out on squat. He got 605 lbs good form. 3 weeks ago he got 520. He claims he is on creatine thats it but he has been snapping alot recently. Is an 85 lbs increase possbile only using creatine?

bitta is offline Associate Member
    not really but he could have only attempted a lighter load than he could bear, If anyones ever had a near death squat accident( give out) they are going to be reluctant sometimes to load it up and therefore limit themselves on certain days when there not feeling it. bro just go max out and post a pic to prove what most of us already believe.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Well kids. I am up to 200 lbs for squating. Stopped due to a car accident and supposed herniated disc and a bad back. All feels better now so I just started up again on the legs two weeks ago.

200 lbs !!!!!! How bout that.

rtn
    rtn is offline New Member

Squat

I had the opportunity to workout with the greatest squatter of the 1970's, Jerry Jones. He won the Senior Nationals and World Championship at 198. Jerry, myself, and another high school friend squatted and benched on Saturday afternoons. He did a competitive 798 and later got into the 830's when he moved up a weight class. He was using these same poundages in our workouts. His glute and quad development was amazing and his lifts were incredible for someone weighing under 200 lbs. The logo at Crain's powerlifting website is a likeness of Jerry. He sadly passed away a few years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information