Quake is offline Member

What do you think of this guy?

Being half russian I just had to promote this guy a bit! He's an old champion but many of you probably already know who I am talking about. Still the current World record holder, but I don't know which exercise or the weight (I'm searching it down). Check this guy out. What do you all think? Wonder what stack he was on.....maybe he wasn't on one, that would be an achievement!

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/F...342/Alxv3.html

Quake is offline Member
    Bump

cjvan is offline New Member
    Well he holds a three lift total of the snatch, clean and press. Since the press isn't an Olympic lift anymore , he holds the record for total wieght because now there is only two lifts( and he has press record). But here is really what he is all about, 80 world records in Olympic lifting which I believe is unmatched. Just an amazing athlete to watch . They say the Russians and Bulgarian wieght lifters use to toss over 500 pounds on the bench and even 600 pounds when it hadn't been reached as a World record yet. HMMMM, maybe i am a little older than I put in my profile.lol They were amazing along with the Bulgarians and no i am not european , just pure admiration for great athletes. http://www.strengthtech.com/photos/w.../alex/alex.htm At the bottom of the page is his book foreword written by Arnie our body building buddy.lol
    Last edited by cjvan; 07-10-2004 at 04:03 AM.

Before you guys freak out about my bench comment , I am a huge Kazmirer fan.lol

Quake is offline Member
    Thanks for the info. It doesn't seem to be recorded on the web, or I'm using the wrong search engines.

Something else I noticed in a few photos, is that all the russian olympic PL's at the time had the same shape, i.e. the big barrel belly. And if you have seen early photos of Alexeev, he was a skinny guy! That's hell of a transformation, wonder what they were feeding him?

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    they fed him iron buddy.... friggen IRON

cool!

The guy who stood out in my mind was Dave Rigert of russia , built like a body builder but virtually impossible to find pictures of him. Love North America , Canada and the US but there lack of respect for lifters and bodybuilders has always pissed me off. Always blamed it on Steriods , well guess what boys it seems all the sports are cranking it up .lol. http://www22.brinkster.com/chidlovsk...d&lname=Rigert

eacman65 is offline Member
    thats a strong guy, nice lifting suit

Thread Information