GregSqBpDl is offline New Member

Smile Best powerlifting federation

Hey people, just wanted to know which federation you like to compete in.

Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member
    I compete in the APF/AAPF, but there is no one "best" fed..try a few to see what they are like and then compete where you are most comfortable.

Erm

phreezer is offline Respected Member
    Exactly, Each federation brings a little something different to the table. Some are drug tested... some are not.. some allow Double Denim, some do not..some require flat foot placemet while benching, others do not..etc..etc... Find the federation that suits your personal interests..

If you use anabolics and like using double denim, I would recommend the APF (which IMO is one of the best Feds) but again, you should find a fed that holds closest to your own standards.

Power76 is offline Associate Member
    I lift in the APF.

GregSqBpDl is offline New Member
    Cool, I will be entering an APF meet soon. Also looking into NASA. I'm just a single poly user. Have yet to try a double. Still getting used to my single. anyone ever lifted in NASA?

Leroy Brown is offline Junior Member
    Apf/Ipa. I want to compete in the Wpo someday.

SL-Dubbs is offline New Member
    Planning on competing in NASA soon. I dont like the flat foot placement for bench though, but they are one of the few feds that comes out to where I live.

I belive i will mainly compete in Wabdl after that though.

Bigbench is offline New Member
    I have done several NASA meets and other bench meets but going to a APF meet in Sept.So i can try my new double denim shirt.One day hope to be in the WPO (that is were you should want to compete) to go against the best.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    USAPL all the way ..... just don't use deca , they seem to be the only ones to get popped on the drug tests.

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    I like NASA

RRogers is offline New Member
    I lift IPF and USAPL, though exactly why I do this escapes me at the moment. They claim to level the field by testing and being overly strict on lift performance, but I have watched them test guys who obviously haven't even tried creatine while overlooking 5'5", 320 pound monsters. I have trouble finding anything else in Virginia or I would switch in a heartbeat. They ask for feet flat on the bench... ludicrous... and thumbs around the bar in squat... again how on earth would the thumbs not being around the bar assist one in performing a squat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermantroudt
    I compete in the APF/AAPF, but there is no one "best" fed..try a few to see what they are like and then compete where you are most comfortable.

Erm

power65 is offline Associate Member
    Living in Texas we have access to just about every federation. Over the years I have lifted with APA, APF, USPF, NASA, USAPL, WABDL, NAP. I really don't know what to tell you. The Federations really all started taking a turn a few years ago when all of these "New" bench shirts were introduced. Up until about 5 years ago everyone basiclly used the same bench shirts. There really were no Denim Shirts and NO ONE used a double anything. It seems now you just have to find an organization that fits with how you want to lift. Since I'm Drug Free my options are kind of limited if I want to lift against other "Clean" lifters. But I still enter APF meets and USPF meets anyway that aren't drug tested just because I enjoy competing; plus, I still win in those organizations too. Some organizations say they test; like WABDL, but let me tell you they don't. I've been tested several times by the WABDL when I won at Nationals and Worlds a few years back. We all went back in this Hotel room to take the urine test and the guys in line were all talking about "Don't worry they don't test anyway." And I believe it. I've never heard of anyone lifting w/ WADBL fail a drug test. And I know several of my friends the compete with them that are Roided up to the gills and take drug test with them all the time. USAPL does test. And they will bust you if you fail. Not only that....fail their drug test and they will post your name on their website.

If you just like to compete lift with who ever has rules that suit you. One thing is for sure no matter who you lift with.....Powerlifters are great guys and gals. I've always enjoyed meeting new people and have made many friends over the years lifting with various organizations.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    wnpf, aau, ipa are the ones i hit. i did usapl years ago, and it wasn't for me. i hate all of the rules they have, ie. single ply, no denim, no monolift when you squat, weigh ins the day of the contest/ no night time way ins, etc, etc .there are ALOT OF RULES, but some people dont mind. i like wnpf the best, they let you use whatever equipment you want, very organized, they have tons of meets on the east coast in a year. but they judge raeally strict. aau, another pain in the ass, the only weigh i do there meets are if i compete raw, if you are equipped, all new technology is banned, back to single ply, just like the amish, they are behind the times. ipa, well they let you do whatever the f u want, no testing, they aren't sticklers about judgeing squat depth, most half squats are passed.use whatever equipment you want. a real free for all

I'd like to find out more about WNPF. Do they have a website. I don't think I've ever heard of that organization. I do like the freedom of using what ever gear I want, but I want a meet to be drug tested. It may be worth me traveling to the east coast some to compete. I like to travel anyway. If you have a website address where I can see upcoming meets please post. Thanks in advance.

Power76 is offline Associate Member

Thanks Power76 for the link. I'll be sure to check it out. Much appreciated.

Thread Information