Thread: Clean and Jerk?

worldknown is offline Banned

Clean and Jerk?

Who here does it, am i missing out by not doing it? I heard its the only excercise that works every muscle in your body, and i also heard its really hard to get the form right and it should be practiced a while before actaully doing it. thakns

Power76 is offline Associate Member
    I do it. Doesn't everybody? You are missing out bro. Now, I don't always clean it before jerking it, but it sure works good either way. Form is critical so yes, do it several times a day till you get it right. Before you know it, you will be a jerking master! (don't forget to lube up first) O.K. I'm done messing with you man. hehe! I could not resist! No, I have never done clean and jerks but give them a shot. I can imagine they would take some time to get right so go light at first. I don't know how much of a strength/muscle builder they would be because most of the attention is placed on speed and technique. Sorry for jerking your chain. oops, there I go again!

Aboot is offline Banned
    You're not missing out on anything. If you were training for explosive power/speed, then it can be beneficial, but for general strength and size so much depends on technique that attempting to overload your muscles would be difficult. That's not to say that's it's impossible to do, but you could be much more efficient with other exercises.

Also, placing it on a certain training day is always difficult with full body exercises. It uses your legs, back and shoulders to a significant degree so you'd either have to be training full body, or else be content training a bodypart two days in a row.

boistheman is offline Associate Member
    I do them once a week during summer workout but just cause I have to. There nothing special but will increase explosiveness and power.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I do them 3 out of 4 weeks of the month. I train for a lot of various sports and I've noticed the clean and jerk has helped in my explosiveness and raw push power.

I've also noticed an increase in my:
    1) Deadlift
    2) Rows
    3) Military Press
    4) Bench Press
    5) Squat

Can't knock 'em until you try 'em. Good stuff in my books. Extremely taxing on the body, so I suggest you only try them if you're bulking or eating a good amount of carbs/calories. You won't notice any increase in your Clean & Jerk if you're dieting, they're not a traditional bodybuilding exercise, you gotta keep that in mind.

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    Your missing out on a lot, Cleans and snatches are great for your back and traps, as well as hip flexibility and over all speed.

More Power is offline New Member
    I do dumbbell cleans. They do improve your over all strength.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    im going to put it back into my routine, its did it in the past and loved it.

worldknown is offline Banned
    how would i go about learning how to do this so called 'clean and jerk'?

Aboot is offline Banned
    A few sites. Of course it would be best to have someone who know's what they're doing show you, but it is possible to learn on your own. Just get the form down and then add weight slowly.

http://tomgorman.moonfruit.com/cleanandjerk

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mahler7.htm

Aboot is offline Banned
    Here's some inspiration for you...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clean and Jerk?-hamman3.jpeg  

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    its a good exercise if done correctly with the correct amount of weight

Makaveli_786 is offline Junior Member
    Work your way up on these, I followed a routine of clean and jerks and snatchs a while back while I was fondling on a pro-hormone mixture, I put on 11 pounds in 3 weeks, no doubt this was because of the pro-hormone mixture but im sure the clean and jerks accounted for it somewhat, it increases my kicking power too

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    Im a big fan of the Hang snatch.

Makaveli_786 is offline Junior Member
    Theres lots of variations, youll find a right spot to hit if you try them out, nobody can give you solid advice on whether it will work till you try it yourself you wont know, that simple.

Thread Information