worldknown is offline Banned

Squatting wrong?

hey guys i started squatting 2 weeks ago and i got extremely soar the firs ttime i did it, to the point where i had to use my hands to lower myself on the john and i could feel it as soon as i was done with my first set, this week i tried to squat again and i couldnt feel it at all, and wasnt even soar, maybe i wasnt putting enough pressure on my heel or my ass wasnt stuck out far enough or maybe my form was ****ed up, any suggestiosn guys? Thanks

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    Ive got nothing on this one

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    After the first few times subjecting your body to a completely new training stimulus you will likely be quite sore the following day(s). DOMS, delayed onset muscle soreness (or so the theory goes) occurs becasue of a tearing of the muscle at a microscopic level. The severity will vary with the intensity of exercise and the length of time spent exercising. It's not a bad thing, but make sure you rest adequately before training the same muscle group(s).

You can minimize DOMS by warming up thoroughly prior to exercise, then stretching afterwards, then doing a bit of no intensity cardio at workout's end.

worldknown is offline Banned
    wtf? How did this rise to the top? There use to be more posts in this thread and now they are gone? This message board is freaking out becuase it did it to a couple of my other posts in this thread they just shot to to the top and now some of the posts are deleted like my clean and jerk thread. wtf?!

Thread Information