Mallet is offline Anabolic Member

exercises for building a strong core?

Any suggestions for core building exercises? I'm joining up to the strongman camp up here in Ontario, Canada, and was instructed to build up my core strength, i've always done twists with a partner where you have a weight in your hands and you rotate to your left or right and with your partner standing behind you or back to back, you pass of the weight to him, and then he twist with the weight to his left and passes it off to you etc...also 1/4 squats, and 1/4 deads? any suggestions?

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Hellz yeah bro. Put your toes on a flat bench with a swiss ball out in front of your, hold yourself on the swiss ball using your elbows and push the ball as far out as you can. You are trying to get your body parrallel to the floor. Once you get the form down, you will know it almost immediately. This is great cause it trains the entire core area, including the stabalizers. If you hold it for more than 1 minute you are doing great

I forgot to add, don't allow your body to rest on the ball, keep your elbows around 90 degrees

Are we facing down or up?

facing down, looking at the ball. It's kinda like a suspended "bridge" or "plank" if you know how to do those. (Note: they are also great core excercises) All 3 of these develop the seratus (sp?) muscles on your sides as well. Girls love that shiat

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    hip training and flexibility as well as lower abs. Most people tend to neglect their obliques when they are preforming core trunk training.

Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    facing down, looking at the ball. It's kinda like a suspended "bridge" or "plank" if you know how to do those. (Note: they are also great core excercises) All 3 of these develop the seratus (sp?) muscles on your sides as well. Girls love that shiat
    gotcha! thanx for clearifying that for me, i know i may ask some stupid questions from time to time, but i don't want to pretend to know something that i don't? so i'd rather ask...

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg21
    hip training and flexibility as well as lower abs. Most people tend to neglect their obliques when they are preforming core trunk training.
    So you recommend training the hip flexors (hips in general)..how often would you train the hips, and what would be the rep range?

Thread Information