Thread: Help !

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member

Help !

( I am going to keep this as short as possible )

ME: I am 6'2 , I weigh 255 , I bench 365x1 ( without a bench shirt )

My Chest Routine: My routine varies , in my private time I start out with 135x10 ( meaning I do 135 for ten reps ) then I do 185x8 , 225x8 , 275x8 , 295x6 or 315x4( 6 with a spot ) - thats all on the flat bench , then I go to the Decline and I do 185x8 , 225x8 , 275x8 , 315x6 - 8 ( I still struggle getting it for 8 , until I can get it for 8 consecutive times without much strain then I don't think i'll start going up. ) At school my chest routine is as follows :

205x6 , 225x6 , 255x6 , 275x6 . on flat bench , incline its 185x6 , 215x6 , 235x6 , and at school we use chains on the flat bench - when we use chains we go with 60% of our bench max - my bench max is 365 , so when using chains I put on 200 lbs ( thats about 60% of my max ) to work on speed and getting past the " sticking " area .

My Problem: I've been competeting for the Bench press record at my school since my 10th grade year. It all started when I use to wreslte - I was a varsity 275 lbs wreslter then , my wreslting partner and I started benching before wreslting practice . He couldn't get 200 lbs up , I got 235. He claimed he was weak on bench because he had sustained an injury to his wrist during football season... but that didn't stop him from wreslting oddly enough ( and I Know I bent his wrist back more than once.. if it was injured he should have been bawlin' ) . our wreslting season ended in Feb , he could still only bench 200 - yet right before the school year ended in May he was getting up 300 , passing me - by may the most I could get was 275 and I had felt like I had gone up drastically - apparently I didn't go up enough . I am not sure how he managed to do it - I mean I know steroids can drastically increase someone's strength but a 100 lbs in 3 months ? thats a 33.3 lbs increase per month on the bench.

during our junior year he didn't increase all that much - infact by the end of our junior year I had passed him up on the bench. He was getting 330 on the bench - I was able to dish out an extra 5 lbs ( but I am 55 lbs lighter than him. ) School let's out - I continue to train and I feel pretty confident that i'll break my school's record sometime around new years at the earliest - I am now getting 365 for one. I come back to school and find out he's getting up 400 . I am not sure how he managed to jump 70 lbs in two months , thats what , 35 lbs a month ? school let's out late in may and begins in early august. His parrallel squat went from 315 to 405. I am not sure how he acquired these gains - his build hasn't changed at all oddly enough - his muscles haven't gotten any bigger despite this drastic jump in the weight he's getting . I am pretty sure he'll end up breaking the record before I do - but I intend on breaking any record he sets . Any suggestions or advice ? I already have a fairly decent diet - not the strictist diet but I make sure I get enough liquids and protein and calories a day and I already train fairly hard - doing chest 3 times a week.

clampitt is offline Junior Member
    Whats The Record?

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clampitt
    Whats The Record?
    The record is 405 lbs for the flat bench press. I know he'll beat me to it cuz he's only 5 lbs away - but I am hopeing to catch up to him and eventually pass him up. I've considered taking Anavar - the sides seem pretty low - I've done a lot of research into it but I still have a lot of research to do if I am going to put something like that into my body.

Thread Information