mkrulic is offline Anabolic Member

Bench shirts and shoulder problems

I was thinking about getting a shirt but I'm concerned that it might lead to shoulder problems.

Has anyone had any shoulder problems that they attribute to their bench shirt?

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    I shy away from bench shirts even tho I really want the increase on my max because they tend to squish my shoulders together and hurt my collar bones.

mkrulic is offline Anabolic Member
    I wore one once and I thought the same. The reason I posted this topic is because I had both my knees done and I think wraps might have contributed. By the same argument I woundered if a bench shirt would mess w/ your shoulders. I've known people who have bad shouldres and use shirts regulary (sp?)

BARBENDER29 is offline Associate Member
    I don't think that the shirt is what hurts your shoulder but the lack of warming up is the cause of a lot of the injurys.I speak from experience.Last Friday I put my bench shirt on after a "brief warmup" and put 500lbs on the bar as I do often to start my training day with the shirt.Only this day,when I got right at lockout it felt like a golf ball rose up in my left peck.I tried to continue benching but the pain just would not let me.I went to the doctor when i left the gym and got one of those miracle shots that burns like hell and it eased the pain.After thinking of what I could have done wrong or different the only thing I could come up with is the lack of warming up as much as I usually do.I feel like the shirt gives me support with my shoulders and helps me,not hurt me.Only I hurt myself not my shirt.The only pain I can blame on the shirt is when it cuts you under your pits,but that is minor compared to the gains you get from the shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by BARBENDER29
    I don't think that the shirt is what hurts your shoulder but the lack of warming up is the cause of a lot of the injurys.I speak from experience.Last Friday I put my bench shirt on after a "brief warmup" and put 500lbs on the bar as I do often to start my training day with the shirt.Only this day,when I got right at lockout it felt like a golf ball rose up in my left peck.I tried to continue benching but the pain just would not let me.I went to the doctor when i left the gym and got one of those miracle shots that burns like hell and it eased the pain.After thinking of what I could have done wrong or different the only thing I could come up with is the lack of warming up as much as I usually do.I feel like the shirt gives me support with my shoulders and helps me,not hurt me.Only I hurt myself not my shirt.The only pain I can blame on the shirt is when it cuts you under your pits,but that is minor compared to the gains you get from the shirt.
    you strained your pec out bro, that **** happens when i dont warm up enough either, or i head into a meet feeling only a LITTLE sore. frustrates the hell out of me.

Thread Information