theleg is offline New Member

max bench question?

hey guys quick question. I have not flat benched with a bar for almost 8 months, dumbells only. My question is I currently can do the 120lbs bells for 12 reps clean and deep, so what do you think my max bar bench would be? will be stopping the dumbells this Monday. thanks.

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by theleg
    hey guys quick question. I have not flat benched with a bar for almost 8 months, dumbells only. My question is I currently can do the 120lbs bells for 12 reps clean and deep, so what do you think my max bar bench would be? will be stopping the dumbells this Monday. thanks.
    300 give or take 50 lbs?? I dont know, thats just a guess. Whats your previous best?

before i stopped bar benching I put up 315 for 2reps, but I could only do the 100 bells for 6 reps at that time, I have also gained about 15 lbs since then 10lbs lean 5lbs water, you know how it goes. also Tri's are a hell of alot stronger. current body weight 220..

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    let us know how much you hit

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Probably could do 315 for reps of 8-10. How much do you weigh, bro?

I weigh about 220 right now, put on alot of size this summer, only downfall is I am tal, just under 6'2..

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theleg
    before i stopped bar benching I put up 315 for 2reps, but I could only do the 100 bells for 6 reps at that time, I have also gained about 15 lbs since then 10lbs lean 5lbs water, you know how it goes. also Tri's are a hell of alot stronger. current body weight 220..
    i can put up 130lbs DB for 6 reps but im strugling for 2 reps with 315, it differs from one to an other... prolly 350

well I will find out tomorrow, chest day... will post results..

All I can say is what I've done. I can't do 120lb dumbells for 12reps, but I've benched 315 for 2reps easily after I did a complete workout. I wonder how much I will be able to get on my next cycle. Trying to shoot for 405lbs!

405, that's alot of weight, I am in the middle of my cycle right now,

30mg of dbol everyday for 4weeks with 350 mg test every week, up to 8weeks. and of coarse pct.

Watched the video for the 1005lbs bench, 8'!@!# crazy, shirt or not that's amazing!!!!

405lbs will be done by next cycle. I have a goal and i'm determined to get it. Like Farve says Super Bowl or bust. Mines 405lb or bust!

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    if you really havnt done a bench with the bar in that long im going to say you will be around the 250-300lb range. it will increase as you do it more but that would be my guess

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosepellet
    All I can say is what I've done. I can't do 120lb dumbells for 12reps, but I've benched 315 for 2reps easily after I did a complete workout. I wonder how much I will be able to get on my next cycle. Trying to shoot for 405lbs!
    goodluck with that.. i tryed for 405 last cycle but couldnt get past 385..definately by next spring 455....its soo long away tho..lol

well chest day came and went, put up 335 for one rep. and let me tell you it felt like it took 10 mins from chest to lock out. I am happy with it just have to keep training.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    I got 315# last week and am going to try 335# tomorrow I haven't been doing any dumbell work and don't think I could do twelve good reps with 120's. Congrats on the 335# though, that's awesome no matter what.

Thumbs up

thanks tbody66, I think I would have done better if I would have just stuck to barbell and not dumbell, but what can you do, good luck with your next lift..

Thread Information