mcvays1 is offline Junior Member

New to powerlifting

Ok im really wanting to get into powerlifting to increase my strength and size. Ive been lifting for bodybuilding about with really no strength gains. Right now im gonna concentrate on making strength my priority. Im currently 18 years old, 6'2 and,215 pounds and around 22% bf. My strength for my size is VERY low and i want to increase all around. I found these routines, http://www.zyworld.com/powerlifting/sheikotraining1.htm
    http://www.elitefitnesssystems.com/...ing-program.htm
    But im not seeing anything to increase bicept, lats, or forarm power. Is it suppose to be like this?
    Last edited by mcvays1; 10-30-2004 at 11:28 AM.

mcvays1 is offline Junior Member
    And which one, if either, would u recommend?

hobzee is offline New Member
    dude im from nz and i cant believe any powerlifter would squat 3 times a week so i dont like zyworld.com the other site i cant open so cant comment and yes you need to work your lats bigtime they are the key to a big bench thats just my oppinion

Bobcat50 is offline New Member
    Your lats and forearms are both worked in what im assuming is the 9 week training program, rows and partial deads work lats, partial deads and shrugs will end up working your forearms and bis to some extent. if you want to add work for stuff thats not on there, then just throw in some curls or something. i promise it wont kill you.

Thread Information