Thread: Bench Shirts

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member

Bench Shirts

I am getting a bench shirt... but haven't decided which type to get.. I am looking at the Inzer types after hearing some good word on them.... which shirts do you guys recommend a novice getting ?

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgoroth_
    I am getting a bench shirt... but haven't decided which type to get.. I am looking at the Inzer types after hearing some good word on them.... which shirts do you guys recommend a novice getting ?
    Definately go with an open back. JMO

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    I started out using inzer's double denim... great shirt!!! however, as a novice I would suggest adding an inch to either your chest, shoulder, or arm measurement... as a novice you want a snug fit not a tight fit... you will build yourself up to a tight fit once you have found your groove, and are used to the way the shirt works.

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the advice guys

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    it all depends on what federation u lift in. but if it is legal in your federation THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN A KARIN KLEIN DOUBLE DENIM!!!!! hands down. i have bee doing this for years, ive tried them alll. inzers become loose over time and stretch. even though u seee some big name lifters where inzer, remember THEY ARE SPONSERED BY INZER! a guy like big gene rychlak gets his shirt altered before every meet he lifts at. no charge. you wont have this luxury. also you can press a hell of alot more in a karin. i could do a 400 press raw touch and go. with a karin, i can do 510 + !!!!! thats alot to get out of a shirt. i have tried the inzer phenom double ply, i got maybe 50 extra out of it,it was a looser fit and didn't suport my triceps well. to each ther own, and everyone will have an opinion, but this is mine. open back double d , k. klein. any questions, ask me.

wink182 is offline Associate Member
    I have used the same Inzer hppd for 6 years and it still is in perfect condition. P.S. I have to agree with Iowa, spend the extra bucks for an open back. Mines not, and once a month when I max I really wish I had!

peump is offline Senior Member
    open back double d , k. klein
    how much does this cost?

viking_warrior_2k is offline Junior Member
    good post... been thinking of getting a bench shirt myself... thanks for the info guys

btw... i'm 5'11", @48" chest & 18 1/2" arms... any suggestions on a size, or can you order the shirts to fit? (yeah, I'm a newbie)

pitbull gone mad is offline New Member
    get a single or double ragex from inzer best shirt out there hands down.if your going to go with a double denim go with inzer ultimatdenim way better than karins.

power65 is offline Associate Member
    I'm going to piss some people off here because I'm new to the forum, but not new to powerlifting. First off, if you've never worn a bench shirt much the last thing you want to do is to go into a denium shirt or even worst a double denium. You don't want to be wearing a double anything!!!! You need to start out in a basic type of poly shirt. Jumping right into the denium or double shirst is just going to screw you up down the road as far a the learning curve that you must learn about benching in shirts. Learn the basics first. Spend lots of time in these "Lower End" shirts before you move into the more advanced Denium shirts. This is the biggest mistake I see especially with younger lifters. They're all about the weight and weight only. They never train their minds to work properly with their bodies as far as learning how to use this equipment. Take it from me. If you've never worn a shirt to begin with anything will be better than what your'e doing now. And you'll actually train your muscles, motor skills, and bodily biomechanics to function more effectively with starting out using a single poly type shirt.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by power65
    I'm going to piss some people off here because I'm new to the forum, but not new to powerlifting. First off, if you've never worn a bench shirt much the last thing you want to do is to go into a denium shirt or even worst a double denium. You don't want to be wearing a double anything!!!! You need to start out in a basic type of poly shirt. Jumping right into the denium or double shirst is just going to screw you up down the road as far a the learning curve that you must learn about benching in shirts. Learn the basics first. Spend lots of time in these "Lower End" shirts before you move into the more advanced Denium shirts. This is the biggest mistake I see especially with younger lifters. They're all about the weight and weight only. They never train their minds to work properly with their bodies as far as learning how to use this equipment. Take it from me. If you've never worn a shirt to begin with anything will be better than what your'e doing now. And you'll actually train your muscles, motor skills, and bodily biomechanics to function more effectively with starting out using a single poly type shirt.

Good advice Bro

Lurch is offline New Member
    I use a Double Metal Viking. This was my first shirt as well as what i still use. I was fortunate to have 2 strength coaches who were able to do a great job of teaching me how to use it correctly. I get a lot of pop out of it... I would recomend any type of Metal gear to those who can afford it.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    a double d karin is about $200. A hell of alot cheaper thean inzer and the shirts are custom made. i don't agree you need to star with the rookie shirt and the work your way up. one reason the shirs are expensive, anyone can learn to use a double denim without working there way through 3 or 4 shirts. i went from a single ply inzer i used back in 94 to going raw for the last 9 years to recently putting the gear back on using a double denim. it takes a few weeks to get used to a shirt, but with the right coaching u can convert

500lb+ B.S.Crew is offline New Member
    If the contest you are entering say single ply shirts only i say go with a Titan Fury if you are a flat bencher and if you arch go with a titan F6.Some really like that RageX by inzer too!

dirtythirty is offline Associate Member
    I found that poly shirts hurt like hell and that denim shirts offer more comfort as well as more support. If you're lifting in a meet that only allows 1 ply material i say go with the inzer regular denim. $80

kdawg21 is offline Associate Member
    Titan Fury..... good beginner shirt

Thread Information