Executioner is offline Banned

dec. 4 powerlifting meet, my estimated totals

i'll still barely be 18 years old, just ordered my gear from inzer.com

double ply bench shirt, double ply squat suit, garter thing... getting it for my birthday

just used the same shirt i ordered today, got 500 for a pause with absolutely no problem, next week i'll try around 520-530.. today was my first day with a shirt on and its a bitch!!! i got bruises in my armpits, its worth it though

i'll deadlift around 600, very confident about that

probably squat around 600 too, maybe just short of that depending on the suit

so i'll be looking at 1700 lb. total in the end

its the bodybuilding offseason so this works out perfect for me, i'll start dieting in january again

anyway, updating for the guys who remember me and letting you guys know about the meet

ANY ADVICE at all for a first time competitor is welcome!

btw i'll be weighing in at the 242 class, pretty sure... the teen division may be by formula though, we'll see

thanks again!

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    welcome to the darkside... don't be suprised if you hang up your bodybuilding trunks for a while... i've been hooked ever since my first contest... i'm competing on the same weekend... actually dec. 4 @ the a.p.f. southern states (new smyrna, fl)... i'm planning on breaking 2100 total @ 242... i hit a 2050 @ 242 at my last meet (a.p.f. fl state)... remember just have fun and always go big!!!

welcome to the darkside... don't be suprised if you hang up your bodybuilding trunks for a while... i've been hooked ever since my first contest... i'm competing on the same weekend... actually dec. 4 @ the a.p.f. southern states (new smyrna, fl)... i'm planning on breaking 2100 total @ 242... i hit a 2050 @ 242 at my last meet (a.p.f. fl state)... remember just have fun and always go big!!!
    thanks a lot for the advice! I see your point about the bodybuilding, powerlifting is just as addictive, especially now that i've invested in some gear im really starting to like it

best of luck at your competition, thats a ****ing nasty total you've got there man, very very impressive

may i wish you two green lights on all your lifts!

thanx... it's always nice to hear complimenting words... your #'s remind me of one of my younger partners, except your bench is much stronger than his... i encourage you to stick with it bro... at your age you are really strong... just stay committed, and keep it fun! i am sure you will be fine... i still get nervous every meet... up untill that first squat is over... don't put too much pressure on yourself... powerlifting is the only sport where your competition will cheer for you to make a big lift... even if it puts you in 1st place... you gotta love it!!! good luck in your meet... and never be satisfied with your total!!!

powerlifting is the only sport where your competition will cheer for you to make a big lift
    that alone says a lot about the sport

thanks again for the kind words, time to go deadlift today

thinking about 550X3 today, we'll see

How did your deadlift training go? My last deadlift workout is this friday... than it's grip and rip at the meet... this is my last week of training... we do openers next monday squat and bench... than it's all about rest before the contest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RJstrong
    How did your deadlift training go? My last deadlift workout is this friday... than it's grip and rip at the meet... this is my last week of training... we do openers next monday squat and bench... than it's all about rest before the contest!!!
    I smoked my openers on monday... I can't wait for the contest... Dec. 5... My sqaut opener is 750... bench 530... I hope to break 2100... 850/570/720 = 2140 is my best case scenario.

Well today is the recovery day after the meet... I ended up taking second place in the APF southern states in the 242's... my total ended up at 2094... 804 squat, 567 bench, 722 deadlift... I would of broke 2100 but they called me on my depth with a 848 squat... first place went to a great lifter by the name of Christian Simmons... 950 squat, 650 bench, 650 deadlift... those are approximate numbers... it was only his third full meet and he broke 2200 for his total... he just missed a 705 bench... probably because he hit a 727 in a bench only meet 2 weeks ago... this guy is sick... only 24 years old... you will here a lot more from him in the near future... well I am going to enjoy my week off from the gym and than it is back to business... me and christian are talking about doing the senior nationals in detroit next year... so I have a lot of work to do in order to catch him... if anyone reading this has never been to a powerlifting contest I suggest going... it is a awesome sight seeing all that iron move... next on the list for me is breaking 900 in the squat, and 600 in the bench!!!!

Thread Information