500lb+ B.S.Crew is offline New Member

What to take before a PL meet?

What do YOU eat before a DRUG tested meet? Lots of carbs?Choclate?Any certain supplements?Just like to get an idea of what u guys do before lifting.Thanks

hemidog66 is offline Associate Member
    It depend if u are dirty or not.If you are dirty dont win or just give the trophy away....
    but if you are clean, it is a good idea to carb load the day before also ribose is a simple sugar that gives quick energy

500lb+ B.S.Crew is offline New Member
    Me Am NOT dirty hemiDOG! I will be eating lots of carbs!Some say to take some chocolate with you and eat it right before lifting......

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Eat a bowl of oatmeal that morning. Eat baby food during the meet to keep your energy up. Drink gatorade, not water.

power65 is offline Associate Member
    My advice would be to start testing several different types of diets weeks before the meet. Document everythng that you eat and take notes of how you feel on those days after eating those foods. Everyone has advice as to what to eat and what not to eat. The only problem with that is that food works different on everyone. Just all depends on your bodies make up and what type of food you are use to eating in the first place. If you are use to having a high fat diet and you traing well on those foods than stick with it. The worse thing that you can do is to completely change your diet up a day or so before the meet and shock your body. Then you never know what will happen. You could show up the day of the meet eathing things that your body isn't use to and screw yourself up. Meaning you can show up to the meet totally flat. You mentioned someone told you to eat chocolate the day of the meet because that will help you. Well I know that if I ate chocolate at the meet it would wipe me out. I would have to take a nap within 30 minutes of eating chocolate because I never eat sugars and my body would freakout, my blood sugar levels would spike then drop off the charts. That's what I'm talking about with taking advice from people. You need to take a look at how you normally eat, and try a few things weeks prior to the meet. Document all that you've done and before the meet look back over that journal to see what worked best for you. Note: Carbs that you eat take days to get into your system. So if you eat a bunch of carbs the morning of the competition they won't actually get into your system until the next day. If you want to load carbs you need to start doing that days in advance. Also, there is no energy benefit to Gatorade except for the sugar rush that it may give you. I don't think you sweet enough at a meet to actually need Gatorade. This is a mental thing with people. Gatorade replaces electrolites that you lose thru fluids living your body. Water is king the day of the meet unless you are having to change your shirt 3-4 times because you are lifting in a hot gym with no AC and sweat is pooring out of your body. Gatorade giving you energy is a myth. It does replace important nutirents that your body needs after sweating, but does not give you energy.

Thread Information