Thread: Drug tests?

Ranger5 is offline Junior Member

Drug tests?

I've been lifting for years and am thinking about getting into powerlifting. How do the drug tests work? How do you cycle for a meet? I'm sure it's different than my standard test/dbol cycle. Can't seem to find my states records on the net. What are respectable #'s for bench, squat, deadlift?

Lurch is offline New Member
    Most Feds don't drug test. Those that do have you pay for it... so you might as well go with one that doesn't test. If you are just getting into it and are on gear I would not recomend USAPL. Try out APF or some Fed like them. I only say that because you can stay on your gear and not worry about it. Send me a PM if you have any questions...I'll help as best I can.

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    APA is good.....go to www.apa-wpa.com

Power76 is offline Associate Member
    If you are going to take drugs lift in a non-tested fed. I would recommend the APF.

power65 is offline Associate Member
    If you are going to use "Juice" lift in a non-drug tested federation. Why even bother paying extra to lift in a drug free federation? Compete on a level [B]playing field.[/B] Plus, most of the drug-free federations will totally rip your ass if you ever test positive. Example: I lift with the USAPL. Their policy is if you fail a drug test they post your name on their website and list the drugs you tested positive for, plus you are banned from entering any USAPL meets for 3 years. The second time you fail you are banned for life. And they will then put out an announcement on their website that you have been banned. You can't sue them for this because when you register for your USAPL card you sign an agreement given them permission to do so. If you don't believe that they will do it just check out their site. USPF, APA, APF, are all good non-tested Federations. You might have a hard time finding many meets though being in Alaska. Don't know much about competitions in that area.
    Last edited by power65; 04-07-2005 at 01:23 PM.

Ranger5 is offline Junior Member

No options

I don't have much of a choice. Alaska has only one fed, usapl. Bummer.

Thread Information