Flexing Pecs??

what does it take to flex your pecs...

like make them jiggle back and forth??

i am pretty ripped, but i cant do it..

any suggestions...

Lurch is offline New Member
    What forum is this?

justin2305 is offline Senior Member
    i think that maybe would be the workout forum lol iono though but to answer this Q i would have to say size mostly, my chest isnt huge but its got a lil size and i can kinda do it noticebly

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    can you flex it at all?

just flex it and release real fast..it jiggles...girls love it

clampitt is offline Junior Member
    yeah. i can flex.

i realize i didnt ask my question right..

i meant ..like.....jiggle the left, than like jiggle the right, etc. Is there some sort of muscle you have to tap into to do those sort of things or what?

power65 is offline Associate Member
    I know this may sound stupid but I think more than anything it just takes practice. Try standing in front of a mirror and try flexing those muscles one at a time. I've been able to do this since I was about 14 years old. Of course I was the only 14 yr. old that could do it, but then again I was the only 14 yr. that was bench press 250 lbs. too. You just have to learn how to control the muscles in your body.

Hope that helps, and yes you're right....girls do love that.

phreezer is offline Respected Member

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    it takes muscle. for the longest time I didnt know how to flex my traps...because I had no muscle there. I thought I did, but was way off wrong. Just because you are ripped doesn't mean you have enough muscle on your chest to bounce the pecs. Once you start to put some mass on the pecs, it's easy to do. hope it helps.

clhp20 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clampitt
    what does it take to flex your pecs...

like make them jiggle back and forth??

i am pretty ripped, but i cant do it..

any suggestions...

You think that's cool, wait till you get enough mass on your pecs to hide a cigarette between them, flexed !!

OK. I've noticed a problem here and I notice this all the time with younger guys especially. The problem I have is with the word "Ripped." Like the post above. The guy says well I'm ripped and I can't make my chest muscles move. "Ripped" doesn't mean you actually have muscle. "Ripped" just means that your body fat is low. I know tons of skinny pencil necks that are "Ripped" but that doesn't mean they have a lot of muscle. Yes you can see definition in their muscle tone, but that's only because there's no fat. But actually having what we here in this forum would call muscle....NO YOU DON'T HAVE. I hear young guys say this all the time, "I want to get ripped." I'm thinking for what? What are trying to rip-up.....you're nothing now. How will losing more weight make you look any better. I'm sorry if you're 6' and weigh 185 pounds I don't care how ripped you think you are you're not caring around much muscle. So many of these young guys are so concerned with getting ripped that they never actually develope any muscle or strength. Example: I'm 6' & 245 lbs. I don't train to get ripped but my body fat is low enough that you can see all of my abs and I'm very vascular. I mean you can see the veins in my thighs and calves. Now some may consider that ripped, but I'm 6' 245, not 6' 185 lbs skinny. Get the picture. So don't tell me that you can't figure out why you're not more developed or stronger because after all you're ripped. Ripped ain't **** in book.

clampitt is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by power65
    OK. I've noticed a problem here and I notice this all the time with younger guys especially. The problem I have is with the word "Ripped." Like the post above. The guy says well I'm ripped and I can't make my chest muscles move. "Ripped" doesn't mean you actually have muscle. "Ripped" just means that your body fat is low. I know tons of skinny pencil necks that are "Ripped" but that doesn't mean they have a lot of muscle. Yes you can see definition in their muscle tone, but that's only because there's no fat. But actually having what we here in this forum would call muscle....NO YOU DON'T HAVE. I hear young guys say this all the time, "I want to get ripped." I'm thinking for what? What are trying to rip-up.....you're nothing now. How will losing more weight make you look any better. I'm sorry if you're 6' and weigh 185 pounds I don't care how ripped you think you are you're not caring around much muscle. So many of these young guys are so concerned with getting ripped that they never actually develope any muscle or strength. Example: I'm 6' & 245 lbs. I don't train to get ripped but my body fat is low enough that you can see all of my abs and I'm very vascular. I mean you can see the veins in my thighs and calves. Now some may consider that ripped, but I'm 6' 245, not 6' 185 lbs skinny. Get the picture. So don't tell me that you can't figure out why you're not more developed or stronger because after all you're ripped. Ripped ain't **** in book.
    ok...wow...ahah..Way to rip someone you dont even know.

well. i would say i am not totally skinny. 5'11. 200 lbs. but i am still young and pounds will start to fly on hopefully. And i do have muscle, although not very strong. bench-280 (was worse.) squat-400. And i dont lift to get ripped. I dont do it for fun. I do it for football. Thus i am doing powerlifts, no body building exercises.

and for me saying i was ripped. I do consider myself to be. I play alot of sports and always have low fat %. Doesnt mean i dont have any muscle though.

and the only reason i asked this question, was cuz my friend can do it and he is chubbier and weaker than me. And I wonder if he just tapped into the right muscles or something. OH....and the reason i wanted to learn how was because I wanted to do it in front of the crowd at my boxing smoker. Thought it would be fun.

great post champ

Okay??????

Quote Originally Posted by clampitt
    ok...wow...ahah..Way to rip someone you dont even know.

well. i would say i am not totally skinny. 5'11. 200 lbs. but i am still young and pounds will start to fly on hopefully. And i do have muscle, although not very strong. bench-280 (was worse.) squat-400. And i dont lift to get ripped. I dont do it for fun. I do it for football. Thus i am doing powerlifts, no body building exercises.

and for me saying i was ripped. I do consider myself to be. I play alot of sports and always have low fat %. Doesnt mean i dont have any muscle though.

and the only reason i asked this question, was cuz my friend can do it and he is chubbier and weaker than me. And I wonder if he just tapped into the right muscles or something. OH....and the reason i wanted to learn how was because I wanted to do it in front of the crowd at my boxing smoker. Thought it would be fun.

great post champ

Calm Down

CLAMPITT:

Calm down. I wasn't trying to put YOU down. I was talking in GENERAL. Most young guys use the "Ripped" way too often and Yes younger guys GENERALLY are more concerned about getting "Ripped" than actually building strength. Dude, it's going to be o.k. Nobody is out to get you here. One day you'll figure the who flexing pecs thing.
    Last edited by power65; 04-22-2005 at 06:28 PM.

Nothing like titty hoppin in the powerlifting forum on a friday evenin....

davinci191 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    Nothing like titty hoppin in the powerlifting forum on a friday evenin....
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Dark-Emperor is offline New Member

Lol... This really isn't something for power lifters.. but oh well... I guess it comes down to whatever floats your boat......

Thread Information