power65 is offline Associate Member

Texas Sized Bench

Didn't know how many of you have heard, but a Texas lifter and old friend of mine Tiny Meeker benched 848 this past weekend at a WABDL meet in Louisiana. Tiny broke the WABDL record two weeks ago with a 843.2 lift at the WABDL Nationals in Dallas, then went to another WABDL meet this past weekend in Louisiana and benched 848. He barely missed 900. Just fell out of the groove, but could have done the lift. Nothing too fancy about his shirt either. He was using a closed back double ply shirt. That's right...no open back shit. I've known Tiny for years and I can also tell you this guy is 100% clean too. No Juice what so ever. Hell of a lifter and over all great guy. He's always willing to talk to people and loves helping young lifters get started. He's the reason I got started in the sport when I was younger since we both started out lifting in the same weight room when he was in High School and I was just a young buck in the 8th grade. Pretty cool to see good things happen to great people.

Thats some big weight.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    tiny meeker is drug free? wow thats great.big bench for being clean. the only one i know who has done bette drug free, is shawn lattimer. 859 at shw, and he recently just missed 909 at the arnold classic. he is a monster, he weighs over 400lbs!

Yes Tiny is drug free. He too is just a freak. I mean "Super Genetics" plus he knows what he's doing. This guy just knows his body and how it responds to training. I remember when we were kids......Tiny was benching like 300# at age 13-14. I think his bodywt. at this past meet was about 280#. So Not only is he putting up the biggest numbers, but he's the lightest guy doing it.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    wow i thought he weighed more!!!!power65, ever notice tha there are about only ten people who post in this forum, where are all the powerlifters?

Not sure where all the powerlifters that use to be in this forum have gone? I can't imagine anyone not wanting to post here. I've been a member of several forums over the years....and this one seems to be the best. Atleast this forum seems to have the best posters as far as knowledge. You wouldn't believe some of the crap you read on other forums. But Yes, Tiny Meeker is pretty light for being one of the "Top Benchers". I think the biggest I've ever seen him was several years ago when he was about 290. As a matter of fact, he managed to drop down to about 255 back in 2003 when he hit a very solid 702 bench for the first time. But I'm pretty sure he's back around 280 or so now.

Syndicate is offline Associate Member
    No to jack your thread, yet where could I find info on the meets?

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    Tiny...... is sick! Simply incredible the amount of weight he is pushing, especially at that body weight.

If you're looking for info on the last two meets Tiny lifted at check the WABDL website. I think these meets were both WABDL. I wish I had the link for you but I don't.

Natural1 is offline Associate Member
    900 lbs thats nuts. I watched a weightlifting competition about 3 weeks ago, a highschool kid, 17 or 18 years old pushed 500 and all natural.

bigken505 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by power65
    Didn't know how many of you have heard, but a Texas lifter and old friend of mine Tiny Meeker benched 848 this past weekend at a WABDL meet in Louisiana. Tiny broke the WABDL record two weeks ago with a 843.2 lift at the WABDL Nationals in Dallas, then went to another WABDL meet this past weekend in Louisiana and benched 848. He barely missed 900. Just fell out of the groove, but could have done the lift. Nothing too fancy about his shirt either. He was using a closed back double ply shirt. That's right...no open back shit. I've known Tiny for years and I can also tell you this guy is 100% clean too. No Juice what so ever. Hell of a lifter and over all great guy. He's always willing to talk to people and loves helping young lifters get started. He's the reason I got started in the sport when I was younger since we both started out lifting in the same weight room when he was in High School and I was just a young buck in the 8th grade. Pretty cool to see good things happen to great people.
    That is just so hard to beleave.. I i would think he had to be doing somthing. i mean at least three or four hundred. and i live i columbus and i went to the classics and dont beleave there was one person there that was totally clean .. but is there was more power to them ..

Thread Information