Thread: training

scotsman is offline New Member

Question training

what sort oftraining do you guys think is best in the begining to obtain a good solid base for a novice low reps and heavy one body part a week or moderate weight with higher reps hitting body parts 2 or 3 times a week i wrote a simmeler question on the b builders question page as i would like to see what lifters from both sides think

all advice welcome and needed

jdspinna is offline Associate Member
    The best results I ever had for a mix of size and power was doing three full body workouts a week. M-W-F one to two sets per bodypart. Make sure all major lifts are included (Squat, Bench, Deadlift) 4-8 reps per set. I'd think that would be a pretty good workout for a novice to build a solid base. I guess it's a mix of hitting the muscles multiple times a week with low reps and sets.

graeme87 is offline Member
    Hey Scotsman wer abuts in Scotland u from?
    And to answer ur question id say stick with the bodybuilding workouts for now. Imo.
    Im assuming ur new to lifting? honestly it doesn’t really matter if ur new to weightlifting of any kind then ul grow no matter wat kind of lifting u do.
    Hav a look at the thread “strong men/ powerlifting for bodybuilding” we wer having a similar discussion there. I would hav said bodybuilding all the way but some of the other guys here would disagree but a good point that came up in that thread was Westside training is not for natural guys. So if ur not a steroid user and size is ur primary goal then I would stick with working each muscle hard n heavy once per week.

I divide bodybuilders into two subcategories.1.) the pretty body that use there isolation movements and count calories all year round because they r afraid to loss there 6pack and 2.) the guys who r not afraid to go on a “proper” bulk and gain a little fat whilst putting on the muscle. You don’t want to be a gym poser. God I’d like to slap a few of them!

My advice to u is EAT A LOT. Diet is the most important aspect of gaining mass no matter what routine u follow. “u don’t grow in the gym u grow in the kitchen”.
    Use reps 6-12, primarily compound lifts such as bench press, deadlifts, squats ect. And get plenty rest.

Here have a look on this site www.abcbodybuilding.com it’s for natural drug free bodybuilders. u’l learn everything u need to know to get big. Look for the “24mass work out” and the “get big diet” in the workout and nutrition section of the site.

hope that helps.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    yes pretty much anything you do at first will give you gains, the question is, what you want. powerlifting equals strength, bodybuilding is done for size and looks. what are you lifting for is the question. the advice from the scotsman is sound, start with basic exercises, the powerlifts are alot tougher and take very good technique, at first i would stay with more machines, then work my way to frre weights , and slowly add in powerlifts ,very light weight, to c if you want to do this. seek out help from someone who know how to powerlift to watch or train with you, get some pointers and learn.read as many articles as you can. a monday wednesday fri day split is fine.
    monday legs,shoulders
    wed chest and tri's
    fri back and bi's
    this is NOT a powerlifting routine, but just a basic way to work all your major muscle groups. 3 set. 8-10 reps for eveything, 3 exercise for each body part.do this for 8 12 weeks with increasing weights. in the mean time research more and find the next program you want to try.

gspot is offline New Member
    what's the web sit for westside bb club?

Power76 is offline Associate Member

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by gspot
    what's the web sit for westside bb club?
    try elitefts.com too, the ey explain westside better than anyone, it helped me tons.

thhanks for info guys and its dumfries in scotland i come from medium sized town but for the guys that come from usa it ,s like one of your small rural towns i suppose

Thread Information