Thread: Rage Shirts????

power65 is offline Associate Member

Rage Shirts????

I tried using a Inzer Rage shirt for my last meet and it was a total mess. I started training in the shirt about 7 weeks out to get a feel for the shrit and to try to learn the natural groove of the shirt. Using the shirt for all my board work training was awesome. I hit PRs on 3,2,1 board presses. I mean major PRs by 50 lbs. each. But when it came time to do actual full presses to the chest I was very disappointed with the shirt. Never could find a "Good" feel or groove of the shirt. I have been powerlifting hardcore for about 10 yrs now and have never had trouble adjusting to new gear. But this shirt was the worst thing I've eve tried. I switched back to my Titan F6 for the meet and glad that I did. At the meet every lifter wearing a Rage or Rage X bombed out of the meet. 8 or 9 lifters. Looks like everyone had the same problems. Either they couldn't stay in the groove of the shirt or they just couldn't get the weight to touch. Looks like a major flaw of this shirt. I'm not making this up...every single lifter wearing a Rage or Rage X bombed out. Everyone. Has anyone else had this problem with these shirts?????

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    It takes some time to get used to using it

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    not the first person in heard complain about the rage, seems like they are problematic, f'em, double denim karin klein is my choice

Power76 is offline Associate Member
    You need to get rid of the boards and do more full range work. That's the best way to learn the groove. Try touching at different spots on your chest and try different groove paths. I love my RageX it just takes some work to get the groove down. Good luck.

Yhea I agree Power76. I was using the boards to try to slowly learn groove as I worked my way down. But I don't think this shirt works that way. I agree, need to do lots of full presses in this shirt. But the last two workouts I tried doing full presses I wasted both workouts. I spend about 1 1/2 hours each workout and got nothing accomplished bc of this damn shirt. Just aggrevates me. I may go back and try it again, just hate wasting workouts trying to figure this shirt out.

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    I figured I would revive an old thread... I just order a Rage X... double ply with grid stitching... mainly because a buddy of mine (who happens to hold the APF bench record @ 242) has sold me on it. I just blew out one of my double denims last week so I figured I would try something new out... I should be receiving it early next week just in time for my bench work out... I will keep you posted on how it goes... hopefully well, the bench shirt has been my least favorite piece of gear.

OldPLer is offline Associate Member
    I use the Titan Fury and after only a couple of workouts I did OK with it, the mesh back makes it much easier to put on, have never used the Inzer Rage. The bench shirt is also my least favorite piece of equipment. I still have the original Inzer shirt from 20 years ago, of course I dont use it, well actually I did when my shoulder was hurt and it gave support and was easy to put on. The shirts were originally designed to protect shoulders and have really progressed from there.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i have bee using a super modified karin, soon to be a half denim, half poly canvas shirt!!i have been working extensively on modiifying this shirt to be ithe best with the help of karin!!my bride of frankenstein project!!!muuuhahahahahah!!!!
    keep us posted on the rage, i ws considering trying a poly myself,double f6 or rage, but i havent used a poly since the mid 90's. tell me how it compares to denim!!what denim were you using? also i was reading the top of the thread and power65 stated that he sets pr's on all the board presses but couldn't touch his chest at the meet. according to sebastian burns and the militia boys, training board press in a shirt teaches you how not to touch in the shirt. they say, do board presses and lockouts raw, shirt work full range every wk. .they also have one raw day per wk too. ic an get a smaple workout from the militia, if anyone is intrested.
    Last edited by Doc.Sust; 10-28-2005 at 09:07 AM.

Well, surprisingly enough my shirt was at my doorstep this morning... but, it's going back. I just came back from the post office to return to sender. the sleeves were just to damn big. I always seem to have problems getting my shirt right... but this one is gonna keep going back until it's perfect! I've been using an inzer double denim and the one that just blew of course was fitting me nicely and it was broken in just how I like it (dammit man!). I think the next shirt on my list will be a karin or titan... eventually I will find the right one. I haven't given up on the rageX though... but looks like another week wasted waiting on a shirt. I have a couple of back up inzer double denims so I'm in good shape still.

Hey Doc... keep us posted on your project... I'm interested on how that goes for you.

Velkar182 is offline Banned
    A buddy of mine told me that he tried to get used to a (I think double ply) Rage X in 8 weeks for a competition and he bombed out. He trained primarily with boards. He bombed out, so he started doing high volume full press workouts, with reduced percentages, and it worked out for him. He told me thaonce you get it down, the shirt gives a heck of a push off the bottom!

I'm glad you guys have revamped this old post of mine.

RJstrong- Please keep us posted of how you're coming along w/ your new shirt. I would really like to hear in detail what all you had done to the shirt, and how you plan on training in it.

Doc.Sust- Doc brought up a good point that I never even considered until a couple of months ago regarding board work. I have found that it is true....doing heavy board work in your shirt does train your brain not to touch in full pressing. I dropped doing a lot of my board work. Yes I still do some board work, but not as much as I was doing before. I have really gone back to doing a lot of full pressing in the shirt. Even on the days I do board work I always try to end my workout w/ a couple of sets of full pressing in the shirt.

For now I'm still using a custom Titan F6. Most of the meets I compete in are single ply only shirted meets. I have found that I just do better in the F6 for now. But that's not to say that I will give up on the Rage shirts. I just can't afford to try to learn a new shirt rightnow with upcoming competitions and everything. I do think that I will enter a few meets this next year that allow for double ply equipment too. I just think it would really be fun. Even though I've been "clean" for years I still like to lift in some of the local APF & USPF meets. I know a lot of those guys and it's just a really good time. The last APF meet I entered this past may I won the Best Bench Award. Not too bad for a natural powerlifter in single gear.

I look forward to hearing back from all of you. Please keep me posted w/ your progress. I may have a few questions up coming about the Karin's Klein Denims.

here is a low down on how I ordered mine:
    double ply (they now come with a reinforced neck)
    open back with velcro
    grid stitching
    2 inches off the sleeves (the sleeves come a bit too long in my opinion)

Personally I do not like a super tight fit my chest is 48 they told me to get a 50... however, I ordered a 54 (these shirts are radical)... my friend has one I tried on and I could tell it fit the way I like and would probably take about 650 to touch... I normally like to break my shirt in with 3 boards then on to 2 board presses... than typically by my third work out I'm good to go... I hope this works my only experience up to this point is in double denims... time is running out with about 5 more weeks to go... I will keep you posted.

Sounds like a good plan. Please do keep us posted. I may try your way if you have good results. I too have problems getting a good fit. My arms are larger than what my chest as far as how they size the shirts. I just have big arms. Genetics I guess. But I normally have to order a larger shirt too just to get the dang thing on.

Good luck.....and please keep us posted.

Thread Information