CrazyKC is offline Associate Member

Placed 1st in Bench Press Deadlift

I recently entered a Bench Press/ Deadlift competition. I was the first powerlifting competition I have been in for 3 years. I wasn't sure how I was going to do. I weighed in at 197 and was put in the 90kg class. To get your score they combined max bench press and max lift and you got 3 chances for each. I ended up only getting 275 for the bench and was really dissapointed with myself cuz i have gotten 325 before but i tried 315 on my final lift and i couldn't get it so i was stuck with my 2nd lift 275. While another guy in my weight class got 330. I thought I was screwed. But deadlifts were next and that is my thing. i started out at a modest 425. 2nd lift I got 515. And third lift I got 525 easy. No one even came close in my wieght class so I made up for my less then desirable bench and ended up winning it. Now I have the confidence to go out and start entering in more competitions.
    Last edited by CrazyKC; 07-09-2005 at 09:23 AM.

Power76 is offline Associate Member
    Good job! You'll get that 315 next time.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    congrats

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    i was there he had the deadlift with ease, think he could have gone heavier. i know for a fact he could get the 315. good job in the end though

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    keep up the good work, i love a good push/ pull meet.

was it sanctioned?did you use any powerlifting gear or a bench shirt? how old are you?

power65 is offline Associate Member
    Congrats on the meet. It always feels good to get a win. Sounds like you should have gone heavier on your DL, but since you haven't lifted in a meet in a while you might have forgotten just how much stronger you are at a meet. I once trained a guy for about 4 yrs. He and I would do about 2 meets a year together. This kid always broke his gym PR by about 20-30 pounds at a meet. No lie. I mean he could max-out at the gym and hit a PR. Then go to the meet and beat that PR by 30 pounds. HE DID IT EVERY TIME.!!!!!
    I hope you keep up the competitions. Nothing makes you better like lifted against others. Good Luck.

CrazyKC is offline Associate Member
    To answer Doc Sust question. Yes it was sacndtioned and you couldn't use straps or gloves or any other powerlifting gear. Thanks for the support.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKC
    To answer Doc Sust question. Yes it was sacndtioned and you couldn't use straps or gloves or any other powerlifting gear. Thanks for the support.
    good raw numbers, keep up the good work,you will do alot more the next contest. now yopu know where you stand.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    hard work payin off. good job man.

Thread Information