HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

german high volume (10x10)

i thought i'd post this question in this forum since the guys that came up with it are strength coaches, so my question is how does this program work for putting on mass? ive read poliquin's info on it but everyone will glorify their style of training so i would like some info on this, also if it does produce big mass gains, how does this occur because the weight is so light to start with that you;re not really hitting failure till the 5th or 6th set, theoretically you're jsut using up the bodies glycogen stores?? so some info on this style of training would help a ton thanx

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I have also heard good things about it but never tried it. It was used to put on mass and get a break from the heavy weights for the estern block weightlifters right?

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    ya basically, but im just having a hard time understanding y it does add mass, after all the the weight used is only 60% that of your 1RM,

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    well if thinking about westside. They never go to failure and often have a higher then usual rep range on the assistance work and they consider that the best way to add mass. Its also based on the eastern ways of strenght training.

How it works I cant say. But the muscle must get som stimulation from lighter rep work.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    10x10 works well for some, however fast twitch people (fire types) tend to fail around the 3rd or 4th set. If you are a person that grows more from low reps high sets (like me) then this method will do nothing for you. However, if you grow from hypertrophy 8-15 rep range than it would be worth trying.

-SHRED

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    what does the 10 by 10 template/workout lok like from begining to end?

Thread Information