Thread: Bench America

power65 is offline Associate Member

Bench America

I'm not really familiar w/ the Bench America Circuit??? Does anyone know much about this?? What gear is allowed? I know I got an entry form for a meet I plan on doing in August and on the entry form it said that this meet was a Bench America Qualifier. The organization I'm lifting w/ is drug free and only allows single ply poly gear. Is Bench America single gear and drug tested??? Just trying to see what the playing field at Bench America is like.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Power76 is offline Associate Member
    Yes, single ply and drug tested. Don't know much else though. Go to www.benchamerica.com

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Power76
    Yes, single ply and drug tested. Don't know much else though. Go to www.benchamerica.com
    maybe single ply,but i don't know about drug free. i see alot ot nameson the ranking list that i know are not drug free.

Power76 is offline Associate Member
    Yea, that's why I said drug tested not drug free. Just because it's tested does not mean it's drug free. That goes for all the organizations. Bench America is supposed to be using urine samples and polygraph for the testing. If you are just looking at the rankings list, those are just the lifters that qualified. That doesn't mean they are coming to lift. But I have heard that there are a few coming that are without a doubt jacked.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Power76
    Yea, that's why I said drug tested not drug free. Just because it's tested does not mean it's drug free. That goes for all the organizations. Bench America is supposed to be using urine samples and polygraph for the testing. If you are just looking at the rankings list, those are just the lifters that qualified. That doesn't mean they are coming to lift. But I have heard that there are a few coming that are without a doubt jacked.
    it should be fun to see the results, but you know there will be those taking test suspension rt up to the day before the meet and pass the piss test, and polygraph is really flawed to, i have friends who became state police troopers who did juice and lied on the poly. and passed.at least they are trying ther best to keep those competing off juice for the time they do the meet,but there will never be an even ground playing fileld. if you train on juice miost of the year and clean up just for meets,(and at that time you are clean)you stilll have a huge advantage over those who train drug free year all year around.

Thread Information