Velkar182 is offline Banned

Powerlifting in the Olympics

Does anyone know if any kind of progress has been made in making powerlifting an Olympic sport. How do you think america would fair? Any predictions on who would be on the team of the US?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    never going tohappen. not until all thefederations would unify,which will never happen.also the use of equipment has ruined any chances of this happening.also the best lifters in the sport are full of test.so it is hard to say who the team would be.shawn lattimer, great drug free bencher,ray benemeito, brian siders,wade hooper,(all usapl/ipf lifters,claim to be drug free, but there are alway rumors,ed coan and kaptain kirk where ipf lifters and i know for a fact they were not always clean, they used gear)/ too much controversey,the olypics already have one lifting event,i think american football hasa better shot than plifting.i wish it wasn'tso

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    The IOC does not like the equipment. The only way it can happen is if it is raw. Powerlifting is also associated with AAS use, which is a public relations diaster.

power65 is offline Associate Member
    never going to happen, infact we are taking steps backwards instead of forward. There are more and more federations poping up everyday with very loose rules, equipment that is allowed is growing crazy, and the sport as a whole is loosing respect in general. I hate to make these comments because I love this sport so much, but something has to be done to stop all of this craziness. If there was ever a group allowed into the olympics it would come from the federation USAPL. The USAPL and the IPF are the closest we will ever get to our sport being like an Olympic sport.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    it would be dumb because what would we call olympic lifting if it were just one of many areas of lifting in the olympics. besides, the olympics are gay.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Myshkin
    it would be dumb because what would we call olympic lifting if it were just one of many areas of lifting in the olympics. besides, the olympics are gay.
    hahahahahaha!!!they do suck!

Thread Information