Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328

    powerlifting shoes?

    anyone know where to be olympic powerlifting shoes?

  2. #2
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    anyone know where to be olympic powerlifting shoes?
    weightlifting shoes, ot powerlifting shoes? the 2 are very different.

  3. #3
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328
    no s*it bro, thats why i specified that in the question.

  4. #4
    THE CROW is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    159
    They BE powerlifting shoes!

  5. #5
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by THE CROW
    They BE powerlifting shoes!
    I'm coming up empty on this search.

  6. #6
    Power76's Avatar
    Power76 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    195
    http://www.dynamic-eleiko.com/products/adiStarFRS.html
    Is this what you are looking for?

  7. #7
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Power76
    yes!!!!!! thanks bro i really appreciate it.

  8. #8
    RJstrong's Avatar
    RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    no s*it bro, thats why i specified that in the question.
    easy now tough guy!

  9. #9
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    no s*it bro, thats why i specified that in the question.
    olympic powerlifting shoes is an oxymoron you dope! there are
    A.powerlifting shoes
    OR
    B. Olympic weightlifting shoes
    i was just trying to help u

  10. #10
    CrazyKC's Avatar
    CrazyKC is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids,IA
    Posts
    158
    What do they look like? I use Flat bottomed shoes when I deadlift it seems to help with my balance

  11. #11
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328

  12. #12
    dr.shred's Avatar
    dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    olympic powerlifting shoes is an oxymoron you dope! there are
    A.powerlifting shoes
    OR
    B. Olympic weightlifting shoes
    i was just trying to help u
    olympic POWERLIFTING SHOES. Used for powerlifts ie. snatches, cleans ect ect. Thats the spefication POWERLIFTING.

  13. #13
    Power76's Avatar
    Power76 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    195
    Powerlifting is the squat, bench press and deadlift. The lifts you are referring to is olympic weightlifting. Two different sports.

  14. #14
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Power76
    Powerlifting is the squat, bench press and deadlift. The lifts you are referring to is olympic weightlifting. Two different sports.
    exactly!!!! there is a big difference btwn the 2 types of shoes for weightlifting and powerlifting and both are very different sports.

  15. #15
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyKC
    What do they look like? I use Flat bottomed shoes when I deadlift it seems to help with my balance
    u are using the right shoes. the shoes u saw on this post are used for the olympic lifts, not powerlifts, keep deadlifting in flat shoes, or better, wrestling shoes or slippers, the flatter and closer to the floor the shoe or slipper is, the better.

  16. #16
    power65 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    185
    Really the only lifts a "Powerlifter" would need special shoes for is the deadlift and the squat. Like stated earlier by Doc, slippers or wrestling shoes are best for deadlifting because they have little to no sole and you are closer to the floor; ie, a little less distance the bar must travel. But I wouldn't squat in these shoes. If you squat in these shoes there is no support on the back of the foot and you risk dumping the bar if the balls of your feet come off the floor due to weight transer. Inzer does make a shoe for squating. I have them and I think they are great. Safe USA also makes a shoe designed for squats. I have these shoes too. But I like the Inzer shoes better. So check Inzer's site.

    Off the record. Don't blast out at people that are trying to help you. There is no such thing as "Olympic Powerlifting". That's what Doc was trying to clarify. If you're going to be a A-Hole about others trying to clarify your statements then don't ask for help. A little less Test would do the body good. No hard feelings. All forgiven.

  17. #17
    Doc.Sust's Avatar
    Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    a van down by the river!
    Posts
    11,248
    Quote Originally Posted by power65
    Really the only lifts a "Powerlifter" would need special shoes for is the deadlift and the squat. Like stated earlier by Doc, slippers or wrestling shoes are best for deadlifting because they have little to no sole and you are closer to the floor; ie, a little less distance the bar must travel. But I wouldn't squat in these shoes. If you squat in these shoes there is no support on the back of the foot and you risk dumping the bar if the balls of your feet come off the floor due to weight transer. Inzer does make a shoe for squating. I have them and I think they are great. Safe USA also makes a shoe designed for squats. I have these shoes too. But I like the Inzer shoes better. So check Inzer's site.

    Off the record. Don't blast out at people that are trying to help you. There is no such thing as "Olympic Powerlifting". That's what Doc was trying to clarify. If you're going to be a A-Hole about others trying to clarify your statements then don't ask for help. A little less Test would do the body good. No hard feelings. All forgiven.
    thanks for the back up power!

  18. #18
    Power76's Avatar
    Power76 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    195
    I think everyone agrees on shoes for the deadlift but not for the squat. The shoes in the link are designed for olympic lifting but there are a ton of narrow/medium stance squatters that squat in these. The majority of European IPF lifters wear them and and a few big name American lifters wear them for squatting. Steve Goggins has used them for years.

  19. #19
    power65 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    185
    Yhea, if you're a narrow stance squater the olympic wt. lifting shoes would be fine.

  20. #20
    powerliftmike's Avatar
    powerliftmike is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    gates of hell
    Posts
    5,512
    I use olympic shoes for squatting. They are great, no rollover problems and good support. The only thing is they dont have the ankle support powerlifting boots have. Also, I find olympic shoes very bad for the deadlift, I like to deadlift without shoes on. The forward tilt the shoes makes me loose leverage in the DL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •