Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"

rj, what weight class are you going into seniors?

saw your pic in another forum, damn my friend you looked ripped! are you cutting to a lower weight class?

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    saw your pic in another forum, damn my friend you looked ripped! are you cutting to a lower weight class?
    thanx doc... it's a genetic thing ya know... lol. I have always been lean. I will be lifting in the 242's... my last 3 contests I weighed in at 236-237 and typically I'm around 245 a month or so out... so I normally don't drop much weight (as I'm close all year round) I just start watching my food intake and eat (a lot) but clean leading up to an event.

I have a question for you and I know this is right up your alley... last Mon. I strained my right knee squatting (865) which felt really heavy... so I know I am overtrained at this point... but with 2 1/2 weeks out that is typically a good sign for me with the rest coming up... however do you have any suggestions on rehab for this contest... I read up on one of your posts and have been icing it every 3 hours for about 15-20 minutes and it's feeling better but it's still a bit sore... I have my last deadlift workout tomorrow and last squat workout on Mon. I bench today (not really worried about that) and bench next Thur and then my training is finished... any ideas and suggestions are truly appreciated... thanks in advance Doc!

Quote Originally Posted by RJstrong
    thanx doc... it's a genetic thing ya know... lol. I have always been lean. I will be lifting in the 242's... my last 3 contests I weighed in at 236-237 and typically I'm around 245 a month or so out... so I normally don't drop much weight (as I'm close all year round) I just start watching my food intake and eat (a lot) but clean leading up to an event.

I have a question for you and I know this is right up your alley... last Mon. I strained my right knee squatting (865) which felt really heavy... so I know I am overtrained at this point... but with 2 1/2 weeks out that is typically a good sign for me with the rest coming up... however do you have any suggestions on rehab for this contest... I read up on one of your posts and have been icing it every 3 hours for about 15-20 minutes and it's feeling better but it's still a bit sore... I have my last deadlift workout tomorrow and last squat workout on Mon. I bench today (not really worried about that) and bench next Thur and then my training is finished... any ideas and suggestions are truly appreciated... thanks in advance Doc!
    finish the deadlift up this wk and next wk start deloading, at 2 wks out, you dont need anymore work you are ready, rest and heal and keep up with the ice, extra work or rehab at this point will not help you out, finish the dead and call it a day

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    finish the deadlift up this wk and next wk start deloading, at 2 wks out, you dont need anymore work you are ready, rest and heal and keep up with the ice, extra work or rehab at this point will not help you out, finish the dead and call it a day
    Cool... sounds good. I appreciate the quick response!

no prob, the extra rest will help you deload and repair more, less is better

Thread Information