Thread: Hurricane

power65 is offline Associate Member

Hurricane

I know this has nothing to do w/ powerlifting but......Just checking to see if everyone is ok Of course, if you're reading this you must have electricity, so you're probably doing better than most. I live in Houston, but I have about 150 employees that live in the New Orleans, Houma, Missiissippi, and Southern Alabama area. Out of 150 employees I've been able to speak to about 10 of them. These people are in a very bad way. The 10 people I have been able to reach said that they were able to make it over here to Texas before the storm hit, but they were unable to go back home because the National Guard is not allowing anyone back into these areas for the time being. In all of these areas there are NO phone lines, cell phones, nothing. NO means of communication. I know the areas most of these people lived, and I know that they will be returning to nothing. Not damaged homes, but NO HOMES. We have been working around the clock here trying to get my employees money, food, whatever they need. A company is only as good as it's employees. I live by that. Just wondering if anyone else out there has been hit hard by this storm. My prayers, thoughts, and efforts go out to all of you and these families that may have been affected by this horrible storm.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    amen to that brother. i hope all your people are o.k.!!what line of work are you in if you don't mind me asking?

power65 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks Doc. I'm in the Oil Business. I manage Drilling Rigs in the Gulf. I have 6 rigs that I oversee. We have now finally made contact w/ all of my men and other employees. By the Grace of God none of them lost their lives. Many have lost family members though. And a great percentage of them lost their homes and everything else. We are doing our best to provide for them. My company has set up relief funds for these families, and we have put them up in hotels where we could find rooms. But these people really need a lot of help. Thanks for asking.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by power65
    Thanks Doc. I'm in the Oil Business. I manage Drilling Rigs in the Gulf. I have 6 rigs that I oversee. We have now finally made contact w/ all of my men and other employees. By the Grace of God none of them lost their lives. Many have lost family members though. And a great percentage of them lost their homes and everything else. We are doing our best to provide for them. My company has set up relief funds for these families, and we have put them up in hotels where we could find rooms. But these people really need a lot of help. Thanks for asking.
    its a shame, watch the new every night and it never looks much better, the whole gulf is so messed up, idon't think it will be the same for a few years.

Thread Information