ya_man is offline Member

Question Power lifting diet....??

Hey guys....im just curious as to what ur diets look like?.... Lifting all those heavy azz weights is not an easy job and therefore i no u need the extra calorie consumption for the energy. So whats ya got?...Anything to keep relatively lean.....

Im getting sick of the bodybuilding aspect and thought id wonder on over this way for a bit...im pretty pumped to start next week into it...thanks bros!

power65 is offline Associate Member
    I eat anything I want. Lots of meat, dairy products, carbs, etc. I'm not a big junk food eater though. I really don't have a sweet tooth. I normally eat fruit in place of sweets. But I rarely watch what I eat. I'm 30 yrs old and I still have a very fast metabolism. I have never struggled with being over wt. So pretty much the sky is the limit. My favorite thing to eat right after a hard workout is a box of 20 chicken nuggets from McDonalds. For some reason high fat foods like that do really good w/ me as far as keeping my energy levels up.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    alot of meat, especially cheese steaks. when i have to cut weight 4 a contest, i do an atkins style diet. i take in about 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight, (two protein shakes a day)

ya_man is offline Member
    thanks guys.....any other inputs on what a powerlifting diet would look like...someone wanna lay their daily meals out?

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    peanut butter!!

Velkar182 is offline Banned
    I am probably not the healthiest eater, but I eat everything. If it isn't nailed to the floor then I have probably swallowed it. I am somewhat conscious of a few things. I am sure to pound the red meat (all meat for that matter), quality carbs, minerals and vitamins, but as long as I have 6000 calories and 550 grams of protein I am good to go. btw I am 5'8 275lbs 23 yo. I also don't recommend constantly "protein loading" (going 2 grams protein per pound of body weight) for too long. Some people are prone to kidney stones, although I have never had one. The other thing is that if you do get them, drink 2 cups of cranberry juice a day to help your body filter better. That may be why I don't get them. I normally cycle from 1.4 to 2 grams per pound of body weight.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Eat only lean beef and not to much of that, since it contains loads of saturated fat and cholesterol. Cranberry juice and plenty of water are great ideas.

Go for poultry--turkey and chicken!!

madeincanada is offline New Member
    hey,
    personally i like to eat what i want .... but i do it in small amounts because i love salt i retain more water.... water is great 1 -2 gallons a day is great..... however i dont eat as many calories as some of these guys .... but i hit a 2500 to 3500 depending on the days i walk for an hour .... like everyone else protien are the building blocks so 1 to 1.5g is good for me.... and 500 ml of cranberry juice as well ....
    for a proper eating program is roughly a meal every 3 hours .... i really dont no how serious you are about powerlifting but it may not be a diet as strict as a bodybuilding one (multi vitimins , protien in any form , water , and weights)
    Last edited by madeincanada; 09-13-2005 at 10:01 PM.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    why is everyone pulling up threads that have been dead for months????lets start some new topics

madeincanada is offline New Member
    what topic would u like to discuess?

Thread Information