wrestler152 is offline Associate Member

pb on bench yesterday

I am pumped. Yesterday I hit 550 on bench. My previous personal best was 480. I was supposed to be in an apf meet in two weeks but i had wrist problems and didn't turn my entry form in. I am 5'8 202 pounds. I was wearing a double ply denim Inzer. Just wanted to toot my horn a little for myself. "toot toot"

Velkar182 is offline Banned
    Welcome to the 500 club!

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    nice work bro pretty impressive at your weight or any weight for that matter.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Damn short guys with your little stubby arms!

Just jealous, that's sick strength. Good 4 U.

i have attribute alot to my shirt. It was kinf of cool though because the guy i work out with is an old schooler and i have been on his heels on my lifts and i finally passed him on something. He was humbled but proud. It was the last thing on our record board in the basement that started with a four. It was nice to jump up.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestler152
    i have attribute alot to my shirt. It was kinf of cool though because the guy i work out with is an old schooler and i have been on his heels on my lifts and i finally passed him on something. He was humbled but proud. It was the last thing on our record board in the basement that started with a four. It was nice to jump up.
    not to piss on your parade, but wahts your raw max??how do you train?

i hit 460 on my way up to 550 raw. I already said that I give lots of credit to the shirt. I really don't care what anyone thinks. I lift against myself. ALways wanting to break my own pb. Thats all i care about. So poop on you

That is a pretty sick number for your weight. I am a 275lber (currently 310 at 5'8) and my best raw with a pause is 510. My best is 601 in a single poly with a touch and go. To do 460 at 200 raw is killer! Are you going to compete at any big meets? How does your squat and deadlift look?

squat and deadlift are not so hot. My deadlift is only 540 and squat is about 620. Its amazing what a good shirt can do. 460 raw was touch and go. Probably wouldn't fly in a meet. I would say I could pause 435-440 raw.

Quote Originally Posted by wrestler152
    i hit 460 on my way up to 550 raw. I already said that I give lots of credit to the shirt. I really don't care what anyone thinks. I lift against myself. ALways wanting to break my own pb. Thats all i care about. So poop on you
    noo noo no, you have me wrong. i do raw and shirted meets. i just wanted to know how much you were getting out of the shirt. i get around 100 only out of a double denim, my raw press is 405 and shirted is 500 at 198lbs. i feel like i should be getting alot more out of my shirt. i don't use it enough, i hate the hassel of putting it on and needing spotters

Doc. Sust, when did you move up to denim. Is it smart to go from a single poly, or should I do double poly and then to double denim?

Quote Originally Posted by Velkar182
    Doc. Sust, when did you move up to denim. Is it smart to go from a single poly, or should I do double poly and then to double denim?
    to be honest i went rt to double denim. when i was 19 i used the inzer blast poly, then when i was 23 i started to do raw meets with all 3 lifts. recently a year ago i jumped back to doing about half my meets in a year equiped and half raw. a friend of mine gave me a a karin klein, i sent it to karin, had it modified for me with a few custom things that i like(grid stitch,open back with two velcro straps in the lower back area, extra tri support, scoop neck,extra chest plate with stronger material) and i learned how to use the shirt really easy. the trasition wasn't that bad. the only thing i am sketchy about is how low i bring the bar. most peopl with denim open backs touch the bar with there belly, i chose to touch rt at the manubrium(last part of the sternum,still alot lower than nipple line) it is all about "elbows in" and not pushing the bar straight up,themotion is kind of a inverted"J"not straight up. i could explain this better if you really want and help you if you decide to convert to denim. BUT trick thing is a lot of guy are doing even better weights with the single ply rage X and especialy the titan F6. the single ply shirts with these material are beating out denim!!!!! and you can get then in double ply too!! i am considering getting an F6 but i want to wait until they makethem in titans"boss" material. if i have to choose between inzer and titan, i am going with titan f6.it is cheaper than the rage and i think it is better. so you don't have to go to a double poly before denim. the choice is yours. my advice, if you have the cash, or over time, get one of each.OR try out someone elses denim and poly shirts and yo can figure out which one you like. what federation are you lifting in? that may helpme decide what shirt would work best for you.
    Last edited by Doc.Sust; 10-07-2005 at 08:53 AM.

Thread Information