RJstrong is offline Senior Member

2005 APF Southern States

I just wanted to give out some info. on my next contest... If anyone is in the Jacksonville, FL area Dec. 3 & 4 and interested in checking out a great meet come and check this one out!
    Meet director: Kieran Kidder
    Sanctioned by: APF
    Event Location: World Gym 58103 Normandy Blvd.
    Jacksonville, Fl 32205
    Sat. Dec. 3: open up to 198
    Sun Dec. 4: open 220+
    I've been doing this meet the past few years and it draws great lifters every year... if you are interested in seeing some top notch lifting and are in the area come check it out and support your fellow powerlifters!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    what weights do you plan to hit at the meet?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    what weights do you plan to hit at the meet?
    If all goes well I would like to hit a 900 squat... 650 bench... 730 deadlift... my training up to this point is going very well so these numbers are reachable but they are my best case scenerio... my main goal is really to break 2200. the second goal is to qualify for Sr. Nationals so I can go back and make up for the bad meet at Sr. this past year. at 242 qualifying for Sr. is 1790 which wont be a problem... my only concern really is the bench. I was thinking about opening raw to get on the board and then going for the 650 in the following attempts... damn bench shirts...

Quote Originally Posted by RJstrong
    If all goes well I would like to hit a 900 squat... 650 bench... 730 deadlift... my training up to this point is going very well so these numbers are reachable but they are my best case scenerio... my main goal is really to break 2200. the second goal is to qualify for Sr. Nationals so I can go back and make up for the bad meet at Sr. this past year. at 242 qualifying for Sr. is 1790 which wont be a problem... my only concern really is the bench. I was thinking about opening raw to get on the board and then going for the 650 in the following attempts... damn bench shirts...
    i just did the same stunt in a meet. i opened raw on the press and got screwed by the judges on my shirted attempts. strict organization, and there uneven lockout nonsense!! it kept in the meet. i won, but was so disapointed i wanted to smash the trophy off the floor! i qualified for there national meet, and i boycotted the whole deal. i may come over to apa or ipa.

Velkar182 is offline Banned
    I can't stand the rules about evenly bench pressing. It makes me sick! As long as your butt is on the bench and you touch, pause, and lockout IT IS A FRICKIN LIFT!!!

i just did the same stunt in a meet. i opened raw on the press and got screwed by the judges on my shirted attempts. strict organization, and there uneven lockout nonsense!! it kept in the meet. i won, but was so disapointed i wanted to smash the trophy off the floor! i qualified for there national meet, and i boycotted the whole deal. i may come over to apa or ipa.
    that sux... it really sux if you get the feeling that not everyone is judged the same way... i guess it's all part of the game... so many minor things can go wrong for max attempts in a meet... don't feel too bad though anybody with the guts to just get on the platform has my respect!

yeah it really sucked. iam glad it wasn't a record lift or a personal best they took from me. otherwise i would have killed someone!!!!!!!!!

yeah it really sucked. iam glad it wasn't a record lift or a personal best they took from me. otherwise i would have killed someone!!!!!!!!!
    lmao

Thread Information