powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

looking for denim squat suit, any ideas?

I am looking for a denim squat suit, I dont even know if they exists. The closest thing inzer has is the leviathan, but at $325 I cant afford it. I just dont like poly shirts or suits much. I like the support at the bottom but not the tightness at the top of a lift.

Does anybody else like denim over poly? Have you had problems with knees bowing in during squat with a suit, even with a wide stance? Can you point me to some denim squat suits? Thanks bros.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    karin klein! i have a double denim squat suit that was jason becks suit when he weighed 198lbs. she is cheap and the suit is made for a wide stance squatter. i have had that problem with the suit bowing my knees in and screwing up my sumo stance with a poly.. doesn't happen in the denim.!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    karin klein! i have a double denim squat suit that was jason becks suit when he weighed 198lbs. she is cheap and the suit is made for a wide stance squatter. i have had that problem with the suit bowing my knees in and screwing up my sumo stance with a poly.. doesn't happen in the denim.!!!!
    Sweet! Even poly power pants bow my knees in slightly. I hate that feeling and know its bad for my knees.

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Sweet! Even poly power pants bow my knees in slightly. I hate that feeling and know its bad for my knees.
    also screws up your form and makes thelift feel so much more akward!!!

Thanks man, Karin Klein looks like really good products. I am thinking about getting the closed back bench shirt since it is approved for WABDL too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    also screws up your form and makes thelift feel so much more akward!!!
    Do you wear anything under your squat suit? Just a jock, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Do you wear anything under your squat suit? Just a jock, or what?
    depends. i wore just a denim suit to a dead meet and felt great. the next meet i went to i put on poly briefs under the denim and it was way to tight to dead. now if i was squating i would wear both, the more support the better, but if you can't break parallel, then the extra support is not worth it.this is why i like raw meets, no fuss or hassle. answer to your queston, it depends, trial and error every meet. also i change sanctions alot so i have to switch equipment depending, the only time i have used the karin where unsanctioned meets. not many oraganizations allow denim or canvas squat suits. karins shirt are great. i have a SUPER modified double ply with a few extras here and there. best shirt ever!!

Thread Information