Velkar182 is offline Banned

powerlifting and steroids

I am new to steroids but I have been doing all the research and I have an unanswered question. I have read that bodybuilders repeatedly cycle in and out , and are continuously using roids cycle after cycle. I have been told (not sure whether it is true or not) that powerlifters tend to do roids for 20-30 weeks a year on average. How many cycles should i start out in my first year and how long should the total duration be? Any other wisdom would be much appreciated. From what I have seen cycle span from 8-12 weeks, but can be longer. I probably should post this in the other forum, but I figured I'd ask.

oh yeah, is there any one forum for beginners. I hate asking stupid questions that you guys have had to answer repeatedly.

read up in steriod questions.. first cycle shoudl be around 10-12 weeks test enanathate. 500mg/wk

-ghdt

power65 is offline Associate Member
    I no longer use Steriods . I've been clean for 8 yrs now. I know things have changed a lot in this realm since I left it. My only advice would be the following:
    1. Learn as much as you can before starting. I mean "Good" knowledge. Don't take advice from the guy that sells the steriods. He's not looking out for your best interest.
    2. Consider your source. There are tons of people out there that think they are experts when it comes to Roids. 99% of them are idiots. If some thing sounds too extreme it more than likely is.
    3. You can make very good gains on small amounts of "juice". Meaning....you don't have to do these huge stacks that Bodybuilders do for powerlifting. Remember you are a powerlifter...not a bodybuilder. YOur goal is strength not so much muscle size. As a matter of fact try to cut-out the advice of Body Builders all together.
    4. If at all possible try to obtain your roids from a doctor. At least you know what you're putting in your body. You have no idea what you're putting in your body when it comes off of the street. Remember...guys that sell roids are drug dealers. They could careless about you and are out to make money. They might even honestly think they are giving you good stuff, but if could be fake because they too are getting their supply from other drug dealers. It's a cycle of people only out to make money.
    5. Becareful, becareful, becareful.

Good luck and pay close attention to your body for signs that it doesn't like something.

Be Safe.

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    power65... another quality post... very sound advice!

PowerHouse555 is offline Associate Member

me personally....i compete once a year at a big (pro) meet and start roiding 12 weeks prior to the meet, then get off days after the meet and not do another cycle till next year....My cycle consit of dbol , tren and sus. It works for me

muscle tech

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by power65
    I no longer use Steriods . I've been clean for 8 yrs now. I know things have changed a lot in this realm since I left it. My only advice would be the following:
    1. Learn as much as you can before starting. I mean "Good" knowledge. Don't take advice from the guy that sells the steriods. He's not looking out for your best interest.
    2. Consider your source. There are tons of people out there that think they are experts when it comes to Roids. 99% of them are idiots. If some thing sounds too extreme it more than likely is.
    3. You can make very good gains on small amounts of "juice". Meaning....you don't have to do these huge stacks that Bodybuilders do for powerlifting. Remember you are a powerlifter...not a bodybuilder. YOur goal is strength not so much muscle size. As a matter of fact try to cut-out the advice of Body Builders all together.
    4. If at all possible try to obtain your roids from a doctor. At least you know what you're putting in your body. You have no idea what you're putting in your body when it comes off of the street. Remember...guys that sell roids are drug dealers. They could careless about you and are out to make money. They might even honestly think they are giving you good stuff, but if could be fake because they too are getting their supply from other drug dealers. It's a cycle of people only out to make money.
    5. Becareful, becareful, becareful.

Good luck and pay close attention to your body for signs that it doesn't like something.

Be Safe.

How exactly do you get a doctor to prescribe you steroids ? I mean, I can see a doctor giving an old man some hormone replacement low dose test shots... but a young guy ?

OldPLer is offline Associate Member
    Wow power65, that is one great post, I have to read more of your posts to see if that was just a good day or are you that smart always. Ha
    Gorgoroth=your profile does not say how old you are, you need to get blood test no matter what and see where you are. There are places that do antiaging stuff, one is on this site. Check around.

Gorgoroth:
    First off. I am against the use of steriods . Now...saying that I know that there are some people that will chose to use them no matter what. As a powerlifter I have a strong concern for my brothers lifters and would never want harm to come to anyone. That's why I still give some advice as far as roid use. Because I want everyone to be safe. What you chose to do is your decision and I only want what's best for everyone. The only reason I'm saying all of this is because I don't want anyone to ever come back to me saying that I told them steriod use was ok.
    There are doctores out there that will give you steriods. You just have to find them. You just have to ask around a bit. What area do you live in. May be able to help if I knew where you liveed. But if I had to use again I would only take roids from a doctor that actually did blood work and stuff to make sure my body was able to handle what I was taking.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    ask any questions in the aas forum, don't feel stupid, they are here to help. as far as how a powerlifter takes gear, is a good question. most do 8 16 wks on. but i would like some other oppinions from other powerlifters. anyone want to share? i know that 30 wks is along time. thelonger you are"on" the harder it becomes for you HPTA to produce natural test when you get off. and i also found with shorter cycles, you keep more gains, i made huge gains with a year long cycle , and crashed hard even with proper pct. i did keep some gains, but not as much if i would have done it gradual IMO

I was pretty much told that the golden rule is to stay off as long as you stay on. 12 weeks on and then 12 weeks off. so Basically it was suggested that I do two cycles a year.

Edited by TheMudMan:

Nope no way............... don't ask again

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    you should delete that or edit it asap... you should never ask for a source here... totally against the rules and you are jeopardizing your ability to post here... you are definitely on your own on this one... good luck though I feel your pain!

sorry. i understand the rules.

Determining how long to cycle a certain steriod is not as easy as you think. There are no "Golden Rules" to this. Saying you'll stay off as long as you were on is not good advice. It all depends on whether or not any of your natural bodily functions have been shut-down during your cycle. You can't know this for sure without getting blood work done to test your bodies Test levels and to see what else is going on in your body. That's why I preach so much about being under the care of a doctor while using "gear". The doctor will be able to determine your cycle for you and will make sure that your health is inline. Some of you may ask, "well what if I don't have a doctor to prescribe the steriods ". I have no answer for you then. You just might not want to consider using then....I guess. I'm being overly cautious here because I'm just concerned w/ everyone's well being. Big Mother Hen in me I guess.

I will tell you this. The more you use and the longer your cycles the harder you will crash and lose gains. That is a fact.

Good Luck and be careful.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Top athletes do use 20+ wk cycles, this has nothing to do with powerlifting as this is common practice in BB too. I would strongly recommend NOT doing this. This is for the advanced. If you have other questions just hit me up on PM.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    mike why are you bringin all the old threads back to life? where have you been

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    mike why are you bringin all the old threads back to life? where have you been
    Haha, sorry bout that. Haven't been on the forums for a while since my mom has been sick and I have been really busy.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    velkar i think what they are referring to are powerlifters who use steroids exclusively to peak for a contest. they'll run a cycle starting a couple months before a contest up to it. back in the old days ugys used to run orl only cycles in the weeks preceding a contest.

sadukar is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    velkar i think what they are referring to are powerlifters who use steroids exclusively to peak for a contest. they'll run a cycle starting a couple months before a contest up to it. back in the old days ugys used to run orl only cycles in the weeks preceding a contest.
    I've heard of a lot of people adding anadrol , halotestin and/or d-bol pre-meet. I don't see a huge problem if you use a test base.

Thread Information